It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did The Federal Government Just Declare War Against The People - H.R.2159

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
thats just it my friend by the time its passed and people are getting screwed it will be to late and your belief then will be for not. . . dont you see how absurd your argument is. . . .

what are you doing on an conspiracy/alternative website if your just going to dismiss out of hand anything said therein. . . .

perhaps msnbc or fox or cnn's thread sites are more to your liking. . . at least the other posters there will be just as blind and uncaring as you are

and you hate children. . . . i guess you never were one or believe they are our future. . . what a statement

[edit on 20-5-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Preapare your weapons guys , the war for freedom (real freedom) is coming!
I will tale part in it , will fight till death if necessary.

F-R-E-E-D-O-M for all poeple ( and i mean all people , color , sexual , political views and so on) of this world!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

So...we're to Minority Report status at this point? If "they" decide we are a suspected terrorist we're hosed without formal charges, trial or verdict?

You know, a couple of years back I took a trip for business and almost didn't make it home because my name had been mistakenly flagged in the Big Brother flight system (because of phonetics - the computer software had flagged my name because it had enough of the same characters as "some one else" to get me flagged). After a lengthy delay they realized they didn't have "the right person" (hell, I didn't even have the same name, just enough letters similar to confuse the hell out of them) and I was allowed to go forward in my travel.

How would you like to lose your constitutional rights on a software generated phonetics error just because the government THINKS some one with a similar name MIGHT be terrorist???

Think about it. The old standby argument "if you aren't doing anything wrong, then you don't have anything to worry about" falls away. It's meaningless, all you have to do is breathe and have a name phonetically similar to some dope the U.S. THINKS is a terrorist.

Now you get to be stripped of rights just because you MIGHT be about to do something.

Gorgeous.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
thats just it my friend by the time its passed and people are getting screwed it will be to late and your belief then will be for not. . . dont you see how absurd your argument is. . . .

what are you doing on an conspiracy/alternative website if your just going to dismiss out of hand anything said therein. . . .

perhaps msnbc or fox or cnn's thread sites are more to your liking. . . at least the other posters there will be just as blind and uncaring as you are

and you hate children. . . . i guess you never were one or believe they are our future. . . what a statement

First off the comment on children was an obvious joke... i'm sorry i wasted my time trying to make you laugh. i actually just came from a really nice fox news forum before posting this... i linked to it from that fox news video you sent me which apparently was your selling point to me. i like this site because i read interesting things and enjoy a debate. i come and post on this forum because that's what makes things interesting. i see it boring if everybody has the same opinion.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
the point is you deny any evidence provided. . . i dont particularly care whre you post the whole argument is that you just dont care to acknowledge evidence that flies in the face of american constitutional tradition . . . its turning a blind eye if ever i saw it

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
heres an undeniable account of ones rights being cast aside haphazardly by these people they took his rights (a preacher) you think they wont take yours?

same guy just days before

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

you spoke of segregation... i'm not too sure what you mean by that?

To elaborate, what seems to be happening are all of these bills being passed that restrict our freedoms based on how we choose to live our lives.

For instance,

If you own guns, they're trying to slowly restrict your access to them.

If you're the average tax-paying citizen, they want to use your hard earned tax dollars (which is basically your time on this earth traded for a materialistic object) and bailout these huge companies and give their CEOs bonuses.

If you use the internet and aren't a 'terrorist', you may be restricted from doing so or be required to pay for it soon.

If you want to speak your thoughts about the governent and they're not words of praise, you're censored by the media, or even taken into custody by the police.

I could go on.. but I think you get the picture...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I've been following this thread for 7 pages now. Here's how I see it.

Guns are here to stay. Terrorists in their infinitely-shapeless forms are here to stay. Creating a bill which would prevent "terrorists" from purchasing or owning guns is akin to asking terrorists not to partake in "terrorism."

I for one am a convicted felon and can not legally purchase, own or possess a firearm ever again. However, if I want a gun let's just say they are NOT hard to find.

The point is, I don't think they intend to remove us all of our guns. I think they MAY intend to start getting these so called "terrorists" to play the old crabs-in-bucket game. Once they start pointing eachother out as lunatics it's only so long before the rest of the sheep think we have a terrorist/gun problem on our hands, and inevitably we will "need" the government to step in, disarm "terrorists" and continue removing liberties like gum off the bottom of their shoes.

Anyhow, what I would really like to know is why if we have such a huge issue with terrorism and guns no, then havent there been any massive attacks on American people since 9/11? I mean how hard would it be for a suicide bomber to take a thousand people out at ANY social gathering in the US

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

the point is you deny any evidence provided. . . i dont particularly care whre you post the whole argument is that you just dont care to acknowledge evidence that flies in the face of american constitutional tradition . . . its turning a blind eye if ever i saw it [/quote

well i don't hold the constitution as highly as you. i know our fore fathers were legendary and worthy of accolade, but i don't see the constitution as something that needs to be strictly followed. times change, and i think government should change with it.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

heres an undeniable account of ones rights being cast aside haphazardly by these people they took his rights (a preacher) you think they wont take yours?

this is nothing new to me. police officers have been beating the bag out of people forever. and i'm sure that man can buy a gun if he wants.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WinoBot

Oh
my
gawd.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I honestly cannot believe that people are even debating whether this bill is a piece of crap or not.

Rights cannot be taken away unless you have been convicted of committing a crime. To be convicted of a crime you must be tried before a jury of your peers.

To be denied a right listed in the bill of rights in our Constitution because someone decided to put you on a list is the most grievous offense to the Constitution imaginable.

That this bill is even proposed or garners any support with our so called "representatives" demonstrates how dire the situation is. Our freedoms are being impinged upon with nearly every new "law" these clowns make.

Soon the public must demonstrate in large numbers in the streets of D.C. This must get more attention, more people have to know about these things. There are just too many people sitting in the dark unaware of the danger they face.

If there are any large scale demonstrations planned (like the tea parties, etc) to promote the awareness of the encroachment of tyranny on our freedoms you can count me in at this point.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2 cents
I honestly cannot believe that people are even debating whether this bill is a piece of crap or not.

Rights cannot be taken away unless you have been convicted of committing a crime. To be convicted of a crime you must be tried before a jury of your peers.

To be denied a right listed in the bill of rights in our Constitution because someone decided to put you on a list is the most grievous offense to the Constitution imaginable.

That this bill is even proposed or garners any support with our so called "representatives" demonstrates how dire the situation is. Our freedoms are being impinged upon with nearly every new "law" these clowns make.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WinoBot

the point is you deny any evidence provided. . . i dont particularly care whre you post the whole argument is that you just dont care to acknowledge evidence that flies in the face of american constitutional tradition . . . its turning a blind eye if ever i saw it [/quote

well i don't hold the constitution as highly as you. i know our fore fathers were legendary and worthy of accolade, but i don't see the constitution as something that needs to be strictly followed. times change, and i think government should change with it.

like ive said time and time again you are nothing but a shill for these people and your statements sicken me

police have been beating people for ages . . . that makes it ok i guess you have alot of nerve to say this is no big deal

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2 cents
If there are any large scale demonstrations planned (like the tea parties, etc) to promote the awareness of the encroachment of tyranny on our freedoms you can count me in at this point.

Hey, sign me up too!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This bill is NOT aimed at terrorists.
It is aimed at average American citizens, and yes, dictatorial powers are being given to one person to decide what a suspected terrorist is.

Two points:
1.) The word suspected is huge. It means that "innocent until proven guilty" is out the window. Now "suspected" is all that is needed to deny someone constitutional rights. Of course, most of us already are "suspected" terrorists, for challenging Congress, and standing up for the Constitution.

2.) The other point should be obvious. This bill, as I said, is NOT aimed at REAL terrorists, because REAL terrorists don't bother going through LEGAL means to obtain weapons anyone. Only an IDIOT would think that they do, and I doubt that there are any idiots on this thread.

Slowly but surely, the Bill of Rights is being dismantled, Article by Article.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Very good dizzie.It is hard to refrane from voiceing how you feel,but its a good test of your control over your emotions witch is one of the only ways to survive what may be comeing.

This bill reminds me of communist witch hunts in the fifties and sixties,same thing,if you knew someone who spoke there mind about the gov you were as guilty as they were weather you agreed with them or not.

They are going to have to take the guns somehow,they can't achive there goals if there is a chance that people will actuelly come together and stand for what they belive.I doubt they have much to worry about,sadly enough it would seem that the majorty are like minded with the Obama way of thinking.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Originally posted by Valhall
reply to post by WinoBot

Oh
my
gawd.

I have been reading reaction to this legislation, not just here, but in more mainstream locations.

It is becoming clear that our nation is so polarized on so many fundamental governance issues, that we are mere tinder waiting to consume itself.

I fear greatly for the future of our country...

I fear greatly for the future of our children...

I fear greatly that history is repeating itself in terrible ways....

[edit on 20-5-2009 by loam]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
In all societies, without law the strong will survive. Take away your weapons and now the govt. is the strong and you will have no course of action against them, Hitler took away the weapons and killed those who would not comply and that led to a massacre of many millions because no one stood up when they had the chance.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I'd just like to know where you all were when the last administration was taking away all our rights. No one seemed to care about 'terrorist' lists and people disappearing without the rights to lawyers. But now that it hits home a little more, chicken little has come home to roost.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join