It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabled prisoners unable to bathe or shower for months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Disabled prisoners unable to bathe or shower for months

www.guardian.co.uk

Disabled prisoners at Parkhurst jail have been unable to wash properly for months because of a lack of trained staff to push wheelchairs, according to a report published today.

The chief inspector of prisons, Dame Anne Owers, brands the Isle of Wight jail a "failing prison", lacking basic levels of safety and decency, with poor supervision by staff and widespread abuse of prescription drugs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This is very troubling .

How can a " civilized " nation such as the UK have something like this taking place ? One may wonder if this is simply some political story being brought to light as a means to gain points , however if these reports are being presented in a truthful fashion then its a real disgrace .

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Lack of trained staff for pushing wheelchairs?

That requires training? What is that a joke article?

My god, what is the world coming to.

I thought the UK at least had it's prison system in check. I guess everybody's got their problems huh?

But that's just wrong, they should have this thing as a priority, I mean mind you these are criminals, but they need to be taken care off.

~Keeper

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yes how right you are .

Next thing we will hear about this prison will be the spreading of some disease associated with living in such an unsanitary environment .

Very sad indeed .

new topics

top topics

join