It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

47-million-year-old human link revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

47-million-year-old human link revealed

news.yahoo.com

"The link they would have said until now is missing... it is no longer missing," he said.

Ida gives a glimpse into a time when the world was just taking its present shape. Dinosaurs were extinct, the Himalayas were forming and a huge range of mammals thrived in vast jungles.

According to the international team, Ida had suffered a badly broken wrist and that this might have been her undoing. The theory is that while drinking from the Messel lake she was overcome by carbon dioxide fumes and fell in.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
They found the missing link!
apparently they found it like 16 years ago, but just figured out what it was recently. It's what the whole history channel thing was about. It's in almost perfect condition, missing only 5% of the skeleton, and it is believed to be the 47 million year old trace back to other animals we've been looking for

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is quite interesting and would like to see the History Channel presentation (probably going to be the first time I was ever quite excited about seeing something on TV).

Something that I saw that seemed interesting was the co-relation between apes and humans and yet it has a tail which I don't know why, but just find rather fascinating. Kind of makes me wonder how much the chart below might change.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Gigantea Rosa]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is not the missing link... Just another fanciful claim!

Meh!

IRM

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by djon01

One of the most significant finds is that Darwinius masillae has opposable thumbs. That characteristic allowed primates to advance to tool usage.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This is amazing. So can the creationists accept evolution now?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Finally.

Now they want to tell us we've only been here a couple of thousand years. Tsk tsk, this will be their undoing.

They should just give up and reveal our "actual" ancient history, it would do people some good to know where we really came from.

~Keeper

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Don't feel bad. There's a thread already posted in here. I think it's fascinating but hardly a strong evidence.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by djon01

The actual news was "POSSIBLE" missing link found. Not "ABSOLUTE PROOF".

So the bones are somewhat like that of a Lemur. Why did evolution not dramatically change the Lemurs that are all over the jungles today?

In my opinion, this is nothing more than wishful thinking.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 20-5-2009 by warrenb]

new topics

top topics

join