It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran Ill. sheriff accused of trafficking pot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Veteran Ill. sheriff accused of trafficking pot

news.yahoo.com

ST. LOUIS – Sheriff Raymond M. Martin has been the law for nearly 20 years in a struggling southern Illinois county. But federal prosecutors say he's been breaking it lately by peddling pounds of pot, some seized by his own department, often in uniform and from his patrol vehicle.

Authorities on Monday led away a handcuffed Martin, 46, from his small Shawneetown office after his arrest on federal drug trafficking charges accusing him of supplying a dealer he threatened to kill when that man said he wanted out. The Gallatin County sheriff also allegedly pledged to use his authority to shu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
LOL!

Forget about the bloods or the crips, the newest big leaguer on the St. Louis scene is Deputy Martin!

This reads like something straight out of a Hollywood script. And this bozo was in charge of 'keeping the peace'?

Pretty scary. But at least they got him off the streets. I just can't understand how folks like this not only pass the background checks and psyche-evaluations, but make it to such high levels up the ladder?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reminds me of american gangster with the cops selling off the heroine.

i could see this happening alot without anyone knowing, but maybe not to this extent .

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This is totally not fair!!

Why don't we have cops like this in my town?

I'm not kidding.

Vas

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Another great example of the hypocrisy within law enforcement.

Chalk this one up as another argument for decriminalization.

MBF

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
There was cops selling it out of their cars in evidence bags here over thirty years ago. They are worse than the people they put behind bars.

top topics

join