It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The beautifully preserved remains of a 47-million-year-old, lemur-like creature have been unveiled i

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Scientists hail stunning fossil

The beautifully preserved remains of a 47-million-year-old, lemur-like creature have been unveiled in the US.

The preservation is so good, it is possible to see the outline of its fur and even traces of its last meal.

The fossil, nicknamed Ida, is claimed to be a "missing link" between today's higher primates - monkeys, apes and humans - and more distant relatives.

But some independent experts, awaiting an opportunity to see the new fossil, are sceptical of the claim.

And they have been critical of the hype surrounding the presentation of Ida.

This is a very intresting find and shows life have been around for a while.
I am also glad therer werent huge claims of 'missing link' type of propeganda .

Life has been here on EArth for some time, yet we human beings are kinda of Fresh, the New Kids on the block so to speak ...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The missing link is a lemur? Um, okay.
'
'

Actually, they are not making that claim, but say this creature may belong to a group that we came from. I've always gotten confused by the whole branching off of groups and subgroups. And, no diagrams and pictures do not help me! lol

I think this is an interesting find and a beautiful preserved specimen.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Pamie]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Im pretty sure that looks more like an Dino than an monkey, and it seems to have a long tale, I cant find my tail, maybe it dropped in the next link they find .

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Pamie

I know, those drawings in the school books dont tell you much , just how the artist thinks they may have looked like.

On YouTube there is a guy called Lloyd Pye, check his videos and you learn abit about DNA and why some think we humans are result of Inteligent Design ...Most enjoyable .

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

See the History Channel's May 25, 2009, everything will change!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

The actual news was "POSSIBLE" missing link found. Not "ABSOLUTE PROOF".

So the bones are somewhat like that of a Lemur. Why did evolution not dramatically change the Lemurs that are all over the jungles today?

In my opinion, this is nothing more than wishful thinking.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 20-5-2009 by warrenb]

top topics

join