It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM bankruptcy plan eyes quick sale to gov't

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I agree with you that obama is an economic fascist. and that he knows no law other than his own. it certainly seems like his supporters believe they will benefit from aligning themselves with them. but aren't there existing laws that these practices violate? I understand that any law is worthless without enforcement, and those in power are blocking any attempt to enforce but really!

The only breaking stories on this don't provide many details. The unions, both US and Canadian, are holding out for a better deal. I can't see this ending well for the rest of us.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

You want to "win?" It's really simple.

Save up, gather or borrow $500. Send $100 donations to your governor, Senators and your mayor.

Divide the remaining $100 between your local councilman, state representative and senator.

If you can get $1,000 together, double the amounts to the state and local people.

'Volunteer' to answer phones 2 hours/wk at your majority party's phone bank.

Attend fundraisers and add in the remaining funds at your disposal to these events.

You are now a "player."

deny ignorance

jw

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I suspect it takes a lot more than this. not just money-wise but you have to be able to deliver a block of votes or a access to a goodly number of generous contributors to become a player. so fundraisers like Hsu would fall into that. there's probably a list of last years dem "superdelegates" somewhere on line. how did they get on that list? power and influence. not so much volunteering at the phone bank, though possibly in a position to delegate volunteers to do so.

i think that in spite of the shocking things obama is doing in mixing government into private business, his support seems to be growing. he has control over those entities to whom he gives money and those blocks of people he is giving projects or promises special treatment, and all these people want to be aligned with power.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

No. You've got to start somewhere. Local (i.e., state, county, municipal) politics is where you get heard and build a base.

I've done this. Since then, I've become personal friends with governors, U.S. reps. and sens., judges (State and Federal) and more state, county and local politicos than you care to count.

Influence is a commodity. If you want to be heard, you have to speak the 'native' language.

Changing the system from the outside is revolutionary, changing it from within is evolutionary.

This can be done. It takes patience. It takes time and persistence.

If you don't start, you will never finish.

jw

top topics

<< 1   >>

join