It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help, I've Run Out of Questions!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan
I tend not to occupy my thoughts with questions I cannot prove to myself in some shape or form.

How did you prove to yourself that it's a good idea to do that?

Also, to reduce the unknowable mysteries of the universe into a petty search for 'questions' in the human domain is rather childish, no?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouKnowIsWrong

Yes the universe still holds mysteries which I may or may not investigate further.

As for your statement wtf are you talking about? Where have I said that? Please, don't bother replying as I'm not that interested. You're obviously a wannabe wordsmith with malicious intent. Your presumptous acusation is an echo of desperation to try and somehow get at me.
Bad luck.

Please people, these one sentance quips are so dull. Is this really all you have to say? Do you not know how to respond with wisdom? Have you learnt nothing of your reality? Are you still pretending to be happy?
Incidently these questions are for your benefit not mine.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Have you run out of questions to ask of life too?

I'm not sure you'll agree with this, but perhaps you'll find it useful.

Broad over-arching questions are useful as a starting point, but it's the little questions that tantalize because they tend to help form connections that aren't immediately obvious. I suggest going back to the big questions and drilling anew.

Granted it helps to have a person to brainstorm with, but that's what this thread appears to be about.

Best of luck on your (re)search.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Thanks, I'll shake the tree and see if any fruit falls.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Sorry but you insult me by making a judgement call on a stage in my life that should be better understood for what it is, ie a stage of my existance which rings alarm bells for in reality I should never run out of questions to ask of the world around me

Hi pharaohman,

I agree that it's a very bad sign to run out of questions as it partly implies that you think you have the correct answers for the questions you did have. Perhaps i didn't read enough but i don't see the uncertainty i would expect from someone who has allegedly covered so much ground...

It has nothing to do with arrogance but rather is a self confested realisation, and a healthy one for on the journey of life it is wrong to remain in denial which is not only unhealthy but also indirectly hurts others.

Well i don't see how one can claim to have run out of questions ( perhaps you mean questions and answers that leads somewhere specific? ) without at least seeming arrogant. I don't know how old you are but the idea of running out of questions has never broached my mind in any way. I am not even sure how accurate my current answers are or what could and would happen if a number of them had to significantly altered!

Obviously something is wrong relatively speaking and the pointers indicate that there it is the world in which I inhabit which is no longer where I need to be in order to find enrichment. This is a more fitting reply than "thumbs down" Ditto btw.

Well i am confident that we all live in the same world sharing pretty much the same experiences thus managing to interact as peacefully and generally constructively as we are. Reality is not in my experience/knowledge nearly as subjective as some ( as in this thread) 'wise' folk in this thread would have us believe. Perhaps i would be more open minded and interested if those who have attained these 'higher levels' spoke English well enough to share their 'findings' without it sounding like completely illogical gibberish?

Secondly I am not hear to humor you, another insult, which proves how ego driven you are and how little you have learned about the learning process.

I think that someone who has managed to run out of questions , by presuming that he already has many good answers, should perhaps not accuse those of 'arrogance' and 'ego'. Did i say much about where i think i stand other than noting how ridiculous it in my opinion is to run out of questions? But perhaps you meant 'relevant' 'spiritual' knowledge in which case my comments and accusations would have been even more severe...

To correct you, questions lead to answers lead to questions, but this process in both finite and temporal

Finite and temporal? Who says it's finite? Who says it's temporal? More things you seem sure of when there is surely no way to be sure of either?

and is influenced by the level of reality in which one resides, until a critical point or brick wall (which shouldn't really happen) is reached.

Level of reality? Reality has levels? How does this critical point& brick wall stuff work? Should i wear some kind of 'mental helmet' so to speak? Tinfoil perhaps?

My level is complete save for a few minor points. I'm not assamed to admit this, in fact in all honesty I'm rather pleased with my accomplishments. It's certainly ample material to base a film on, or build a new reality with!

Well as long as it makes you happy ( i suppose i can put up with the strange threads&posts) and your beliefs doesn't force the rest of us to lock you up ( cause no one likes hearing stuff they don't understand and no one can explain to them) i am happy for you and will just drop by to occasionally comment on how contrived and egotistical this 'levelling' ( "ZOMG i levelled my high level WOW mage last night ") business is when applied to learning more about ourselves and the universe.

So yes, i apologise for being such a 'arrogant' 'ego driven' child and i sincerely hope i didn't mess up your levelling; i rather like this one and your messing with 'the force'............

Stellar

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think this thread has reached a point where one of two things needs to occur. It seems that most, if not all, posters on this thread only wish to argue amongst themselves, which leads me to believe that this thread needs to be closed. No new ground is being covered, and several people have successfully made idiots of themselves. I'll name no names; the conclusions are yours to draw.
The other possibility, and the one I favor, is that instead of brandishing your "knowledge" to each other, you should attempt to present new questions. Otherwise, I think there is nothing left to discuss here.
That is my opinion; you don't have to agree with it to respect it.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malfeitor
No new ground is being covered, and several people have successfully made idiots of themselves. I'll name no names; the conclusions are yours to draw.

-snip-

That is my opinion; you don't have to agree with it to respect it.

Just pointing out the irony of you calling several people idiots then insisting your opinion should be respected.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by riley]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by StellarX and All Other Posters

Look perhaps some of you here are approaching this the wrong way by jumping down my thoat, misinterpreting and twisting what it is I've said and the message I am trying to get across.

Why do you continue to knock someone who is honest enough to say it how it is? Spiritually I am a very advanced being, why lie about it. Confidence is a good thing if one is sure about themselves and I am.

The irony is that if I were one of the posters replying to this thread I would be congratulating the individual who is claiming this and working out how to use their knowledge to advance even further, by asking constructive questions like what has created such a slow down in the rate of questions now being asked? What does this mean? What are the implications? How can we use what you do know? etc etc

But no, most if not all have gone for the cheap shot and quick fix thinking you are wiser and more learned and responding with your ego rather than with insight and instinct. None of you think before you respond. None of you have even really tried being empathic to help you with your replies. I have tried to help you understand that your responses exibit typical human characteristics and that is primarlily ego. You see what you don't realise is that I am subconsciously challenging your own belief system of what is possible and attainable in life and worst of all that there is a point when questions run out (in this reality), this scrares you, so instead you do one of two things, you either debunk and attack the statement (to comfort your own belief stystem), or you convince yourself you know more or better somehow and approach the statement from an egotistical point of view. Only one of you have shown rationality, the rest have been irrational and mostly predictable.

So lets start on a new foot shall we, please dispense with the insults, they have no effect on me and are not constructive or adding to the thread in any shape or form. Please do not ask ego led questions, eg If he knows so much then answer this! This is not a question and answer session (unless the questions are very relevant), I don't need to prove myself to you. I want you to really think before you reply, and ask yourself the above and more.

Oh and lastly I do not profess to know EVERYTHING or have ALL the answers as some of you have suggested. Please re-read the thread if you are unsure as to what exactly is being said.

Hope this helps you better understand where I am coming from and hope the thread much more constructive now!

[edit on 22-5-2009 by pharaohmoan]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

You say that you're 'challenging our belief systems', but then go on to say that only ONE person has shown 'rationality', without saying "in my opinion", which wholly implies that you think your definition of rationality is infallible. Unless you can somehow prove that you're an enlightened being, the objective observer has no choice but to consider that you are the one stuck in your own belief system, which in my experience is usually overcome with a simple but powerful statement or realization. So that is the reason for the short responses.

You also say that we're trying to "convince ourselves we know more or better somehow", but every single one of your posts sound like you are doing exactly that, convincing yourself that you are more advanced 'spiritually' than everyone else.

You actually say "If I wasn't myself, I'd congratulate myself". What could possibly more egotistical than that? Other than saying you'd make love to yourself...

Apparently the answer to the elusive question "What am I supposed to do after I run out of questions?" is "Go on an internet forum and gloat about it".

Due to the nature of questions, it is a simple fact that there can always be one more question, something along the lines of:
Why are there no more questions?
or
What do I do now that there are no more questions?

In your opening post alone you asked 4 questions, that makes you a liar for proclaiming that you've ran out of questions. Why should I or anyone else take you seriously when you proclaim something that's so clearly untrue without giving any reason whatsoever to back up your claim?

And on top of all that, why is your ultimate goal to ask and answer questions, as opposed to perfecting your abilities, achieving new goals, fine tuning your awareness, or other actions?

Based on the way you've presented your situation thus far, it's hard for me to even consider you intelligent, much less enlightened. And now that I've seen this thread I'm convinced your either a troll (the internet kind) or insane, so that'll be all from me. Good luck in your search for questions.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I know how you feel, it's not that I have run out of question as much as I am unhappy with the answers.

Before us we have the WWW, and I don't trust it, it is full of BS and revisionist history and politically and spiritual and scientific propaganda,

I watch and read forums as people debate and position themselves against one-another over a multitude of issues, not realizing we are on this same boat together,

I am very disappointed.I trust nothing.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The irony is that if I were one of the posters replying to this thread I would be congratulating the individual who is claiming this and working out how to use their knowledge to advance even further, by asking constructive questions like what has created such a slow down in the rate of questions now being asked?

Man a big ego is like a corn on the bottom of your foot, isn't it? The more you try and try to scrape it off, it just seems like it only gets bigger and stands out even more, and it definitely won't come off. Dr. Scholl's makes something for them though, doesn't he?

You raise a good point. I wonder why I haven't asked you anything like that? Hmm.

None of you think before you respond. None of you have even really tried being empathic to help you with your replies. I have tried to help you understand that your responses exibit typical human characteristics and that is primarlily ego.

I bolded that part myself because I thought it was especially ironic you would say such a thing, given the way you are handling your own responses in this paragraph, telling us that none of us think before we post.

The first post I posted here was empathetic. My first post on this thread was sincere and not provocative at all. But you sneezed at it and went on your merry way talking about how enlightened you are and why can't anyone help you. You've had good answers the whole time, you just keep biting the hands that feed them because you are so incredibly full of yourself.

It seems like everybody here already gets it except for you. All I read is (don't understand; ego lashing out!), (don't want to consider this; ego lashing out!), (you all are stupid), etc. I'm reading the same things I'm saying in most of the other responses to you that I'm reading on this thread. If you were really secure and comfortable with yourself, your responses would have been more mature from the start and you wouldn't have 7 pages of a thread where everyone just keeps telling you the same things. If this is the reality you are TRYING to create then you do it perfectly.

Like I said, the first post I posted here was sincere, not provocative in the least, but you attacked it in defense anyway. That was all I needed to know where your state of mind still is, and since then all you do every time you re-post is reinforce my opinion. That's because your behavior since then hasn't changed, either.

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
*sighs*
One of Mankind's curses is to be like a blind man climbing a mountain. A great many reach a point and call it the top of the mountain convincing themselves despite all that they are at the peak, they can go no farther.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I just started reading the post.

What is it when the questions are still there yet one doesn't want to know any longer?

I feel betrayed by all aspects of society,

Ultimately we are alone with our thoughts, all the wise words from the wisest of men become empty rhetoric.

You become disillusioned, you reflect on what you have learned and it seem pointless.

Man tells you there is no god, better to have never been born, what is the point of life's lessons?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

When the mind frees itself of the incessant noise of trying to figure outside stuff out, it will reveal to you what you already know ...

Yes, was knowing really that important?

Is what you think you know, true?

[edit on 013131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You've posed a good point... I read a story recently.. here is the ending and the link to the whole story...

"...At the ending of his journey, he had learned of the great, bright, red-hot zeal to know what it was that lay beyond his reach at the peak of the mountain, which was barely within his sight. He had experienced great excitation to know, generated by the appearance of those friendly strangers who had appeared in the ship at his village seaside location. As he began his journey, the desire to know became transformed into various hues, likened to the rainbow colors, so that there was a kind of maturation that was tempered by the experience which he was undergoing in each present moment.

Now, as he rested upon the back of the great bird with the pouch given by the elder wise man secured safely across his shoulders, he knew that the journey that he was upon was a journey that would have no end. Though he may, indeed, reach the top of the peak, such a destination was as a beginning, as well as were all destinations. He realized that this journey of seeking upon which he found himself was one which would continue until the day he passed from this illusion and from this life.

He decided that he would open the pouch which had been given to him to see what it was that the old wise man had given to him. As he opened the pouch, he was surprised to find a mirror inside. When he looked into the mirror he saw himself as that which was the seeker and that which was sought. The beginning and end of his journey lay in his hands, in his heart and in his mind... "

www.llresearch.org...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
What is it when the questions are still there yet one doesn't want to know any longer?

Then you are ready to die? You tell me, I wouldn't know.

Man tells you there is no god, better to have never been born, what is the point of life's lessons?

I couldn't tell you that, either, though I used to be an atheist myself. And there was a point or two in my life when I considered suicide, but I wouldn't have been able to do it. If I didn't go through those things, though, I wouldn't be who I am today. I can't say I learned anything in particular but I know those kinds of experiences have definitely made me more "battle hardened" and I have developed a much lighter touch when it comes to dealing with hardship.

I have seen a Yogi in a video clip, that I simply looked upon him and immediately had a profound respect, say that to reach the state of mind of true masters, you must subject yourself to every kind of hardship imaginable. It's very intimidating but I believe him. Times are going to get worse anyway and a lot of us aren't going to have much choice....

[edit on 22-5-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Then you are ready to die?

Correct.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouKnowIsWrong
You actually say "If I wasn't myself, I'd congratulate myself". What could possibly more egotistical than that? Other than saying you'd make love to yourself...

Err actually I didn't say that 'exactly'.

Apparently the answer to the elusive question "What am I supposed to do after I run out of questions?" is "Go on an internet forum and gloat about it".

I'd say share instead of gloat, a much more compasionate act.

Due to the nature of questions, it is a simple fact that there can always be one more question, something along the lines of:
Why are there no more questions?
or
What do I do now that there are no more questions?

So profound and learned, why didn't I think of that! Tut tut. Surely you can do better.

In your opening post alone you asked 4 questions, that makes you a liar for proclaiming that you've ran out of questions. Why should I or anyone else take you seriously when you proclaim something that's so clearly untrue without giving any reason whatsoever to back up your claim?

Very junvanille and yet another insult to add to the list. I'm sorry are you me? Then how would you know my truths? Oh my i've asked two questions. And yes there are many more I could ask. It's a question of value however and whether they are worth asking or not. I can tell from your style however that you have little to contribute and there is little point in me asking you anything from which I might learn something.

One point to add. I have not given up asking questions, rather that I have run out of questions to ask of our reality.

And on top of all that, why is your ultimate goal to ask and answer questions....?

You know nothing of my ultimate goal, which I'm certainly not going to disclose that on ATS.

Another example of a poster bending and misinterpreting discusions. Typically debunker qualities.

Based on the way you've presented your situation thus far, it's hard for me to even consider you intelligent, much less enlightened..... Good luck in your search for questions.

Your choice, I'm not force feeding anyone.

Another example of a hit and run folks adding little if any value.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by blujay
..... he was upon was a journey that would have no end. Though he may, indeed, reach the top of the peak, such a destination was as a beginning.

Thanks for your kind and thoughtful post.

It is realisations like this that have caused alarm bells to ring. There should be no end to my journey. And I am trying to put the pieces together to form a new beginning. However, It's not that easy in a world based on money, greed, survival and competition. But still I try.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Sorry dupe post

[edit on 22-5-2009 by pharaohmoan]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Since you took the time to selectively reply to my post I'll return the favor.

Very junvanille and yet another insult to add to the list. I'm sorry are you me? Then how would you know my truths? Oh my i've asked two questions. And yes there are many more I could ask. It's a question of value however and whether they are worth asking or not. I can tell from your style however that you have little to contribute and there is little point in me asking you anything from which I might learn something.

The two statements in bold are a good example of near perfect hypocrisy. And by the way what does junvanille mean?

One point to add. I have not given up asking questions, rather that I have run out of questions to ask of our reality.

And my argument is that that is impossible unless you're stuck in one reality or 'belief system'.

You know nothing of my ultimate goal, which I'm certainly not going to disclose that on ATS.

If you made this thread to share (a much more compassionate act), why is your ultimate goal in life such a closely guarded secret?

Another example of a poster bending and misinterpreting discusions.

In your reply to my post, you skipped the 1st, 2nd, and last paragraphs, which were arguably the most important parts of the post.

Typically debunker qualities.

What is there to debunk?

Another example of a hit and run folks adding little if any value.

I came back, so it wasn't a hit and run.

The idea of running out of questions doesn't scare me or challenge my belief system, it's just a moot point. I'm not concerned with questioning this reality, but with experiencing it, examining it, surviving in it, enjoying it, and hopefully much more. So for me, it's a simple matter of 'if you've run out of questions, then start living, acting, doing'. So I guess I just don't understand what your problem is exactly. It almost sounds like you're 'depressed' and unsatisfied with the universe as it is. That, or you're unsatisfied with your own reality, which, judging purely on your posts in this thread, you seem to insist on strengthening and perpetuating.

Why are questions and answers so important, as opposed to living, acting, and doing?

edit - removed empty space

[edit on 5/22/2009 by EverythingYouKnowIsWrong]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join