It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help, I've Run Out of Questions!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by pharaohmoan

My advice is to now question your "answers".

Again, thanks but that's illogical to me, why make more work for myself when I've already done the work. To me it's like saying what is the square route of 9, now question the answer. Do you really think we would have progressed in our understanding of reality if we kept questioning E=Mc2. No we see the truth, apply it and move on.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Yes, yes and yes. The rest is for you to work out, i'm certainly not gonna hand the answers to you on a plate.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Do you really think we would have progressed in our understanding of reality if we kept questioning E=Mc2.

Not to nit-pick, my friend, but you seem to be mistaken. If we hadn't questioned that very equasion our understanding of quantum mechanics would be greatly flawed.

(spelling edit)

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Malfeitor]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Um, considering you completely fail to answer the questions.
They weren't yes or no questions. So the natural response to you are, are you:1)delusional 2) delusional and egotistical 3) just looking to start a nonsense argument 4) all of the above?
I wash my hands of this conversation and will no longer supply the attention you apparently crave, without having anything to justify attention. But some feel even bad attention is attention and thusly acceptable. Mores the pity.

After all I could claim I knew it all and then refuse to give the answers. But I would be full of dookie as well.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

A very eloquent and lovely post to read and I thank you for taking the time out to share your thoughts.

Your last line says it all

"After all, the only questions worth asking are the ones that nobody has asked."

The irony is that however bad or frustrated you feel now, I guarantee you you're ahead of the pack.

Btw I've added you as a friend, hope you're ok with this.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

You follow your path, I'll follow mine. Goodbye

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Pharaohmoan go back and read what I wrote.

Also I've been thinking. I think I know of a question that you maybe haven't asked before that you may or may not know the answer to.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Rocketgirl]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

I read what you wrote thanks, I read all of the posts.

Would you like to share this question with us, you've got my attention.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I would put the question on your thread, but I can't put out in the open.

However, I can send the question to you by message if you would like for me to.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Thanks for taking an interest however your first paragraph is was off the mark, sorry but who are you to make such a call as saying that the answers to my questions will never (rather than might not) be completly right. Sure sometimes the truths I have incorporated are a bit rough around the edges and need further refining but they have served me well so far.

Takin' it a bit literal there dude, I was merely pointing out that in the grand scale of the universe, the truth of all truths,the ultimate goal! We will never comprehend, we will never be completely right. In fact, I could go one more and say we will never be right, but i think set in the scale of infinity, we should be, eventually.

My answers have served me well too, but that does not make them 'right', they could be close, they could be miles away, but they will never be 'right, IMO ofc.

Yes rarely but sometimes I have had to redefine certain truths and restructure my belief system. However for the most part the questions I have asked of this world have been answered both intelectually and spirtually speaking. My heart is my guide and my head the barometer of sense and reason. So far my journey of discovery and truth has answered and unlocked many hidden secrets or at the very least satisfied my thirst for knowledge and advancement.

It's kind of you to pose some of the questions you have but in reality I asked them lifetimes ago and have well structured answers to all of them, 2 of which are obvious oxymorons.

These questions were used to point out that you 'will' have answers for them, and so do I and so did everyone who read them most likely, yet all our answers will be different in some way, who is right?

I was not having a go at you, I was pointing out that if we all have different answers, then chances are, we're not all right, which mean the majority have to be wrong (if not all).

I AM NOT RIGHT, I maybe close, BUT I AM NOT RIGHT.

YOU ARE NOT RIGHT, you maybe close.

I didn't however start this thread in order to answer all the questions posed. That's for the individual to discover for themselves and part of their journey. I guess in some respects I was hoping for a question about reality which I hadn't thought of before, plus I wanted a place where people in a similar predicament could come and share their thoughts as to how to create and faciliate the next bank of questions that will inevitably arrise when we move on from the stagnant reality called planet earth.

New questions come with understanding, or at least comprehending the old questions, thats how its worked for me, again, the questions weren't there for tyou to answer, they were there to highlight the point that we will all have different answers for them.

Sorry if I offended you by implying that you're wrong, but thats how I feel, we are all wrong, to some degree, if you think you've hit the nail on the head, then congratulations, I hope you find what your looking for.

"We know nothing, we assume much."

EMM

Edit to add:

Honestly it saddens me a little that none of you have a clue where I'm coming from, but on the flip side it's actually helped solidify what I already knew and just how different I am from most. You may see that as ego, I see it as confidence in who I am and where I'm at. As I said knowledge is like a drug for me and now that tap is running dry. These are end times for me also I see that now.

What did you want from this thread? because to me, it doesn't look like you want more questions, it looks like you want more people to tell you you're answers are right, to solidify your position further?

Ego and confidence are two very different things, confidence allows you to be confident with who you are and what you believe, it allows for change and progression but must be persuaded of it. It does not make you ignore everything but your own 'wisdom', 'knowledge' and experience, that is ego.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Thanks, a much more civilised reply.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by pharaohmoan]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan

Thanks, a much more civilised reply.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by pharaohmoan]

More civilised than.....?

Ive only replied once before and that was my OP, please elaborate as you didnt make any sense to me. I came on to try and help and instead I find you aren't looking for help, your looking for confirmation of your beliefs.

At least, thats what it looks like to me, apologies if its not.

EMM

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I just don't get you.

Here's a question/challenge for you.

1. Design me a reciprocating piston engine that ends compression/starts combustion when the connecting rod is tangential to the crankshaft. How does it look?

2. What is the mathematical formula for the area of overlap of two random triangles in planar geometry?

That will be all, for the time being.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
Takin' it a bit literal there dude, I was merely pointing out that in the grand scale of the universe, the truth of all truths,the ultimate goal! We will never comprehend, we will never be completely right. In fact, I could go one more and say we will never be right, but i think set in the scale of infinity, we should be, eventually.

I was going to just ignore this, but I can't.

Dude, did you or did you not just contradict yourself?
I think you did.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

I was going to just ignore this, but I can't.

Dude, did you or did you not just contradict yourself?
I think you did.

I think I did, should I change it to, within our lifetime (or one liftime) we will never be completely right, OR we will never know, even if we are completely right, so treat is as being possibly wrong?

EMM

Edit to add:

You don't have to be a smart alec about it.

Honestly, wtf is wrong with people on here today?!?! I wasn't trying to be a 'smart alec' I was accepting that I had just contradicted myself and I tried to make it clearer what I was talking about. Let's do it again shall we?

In my finite lifetime, I will never know whether I am right or wrong about anything, all I Have 'IS MY BELIEFS'. I can be shown all the evidence in the world, yet that is just an incredibly finite perspective, looking out onto an incomprehensible infinity.

Now on the other hand, I could be exactly right, I couldn't be anymore right if I had been the source itself, the God mind! Point is, I still wouldn't know if I was right or wrong (due to my finite perspective), All I would have 'IS MY BELIEFS'.

I hope that clears things up.

EMM

[edit on 21-5-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
As this thread seems to have swayed from the lofty query by OP, I thought I'd lob this little jewel in on behalf of healthy disagreement. Seems apropos.

I'll paraphrase Freud:

"The first human being to hurl an insult instead of a spear was the originator of civilization."

Regards...KK

[edit on 21-5-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

You don't have to be a smart alec about it.

second line.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
You what I'm just going to go ahead and ask my question since I'm already in trouble for running my mouth anyways. I can't make things any worst for myself.

Ok here's the question: Pharaohmoan, do you think that offline universes exist?

But wait, let me make myself clear of what I'm talking about. I'm talking about universes that don't spawn off of this universe ( I think thats right, I realy can't explain that part. There's a reason, but I can't say why).
Also they are not universes within another universe.

These universes have been around before time even before this universe that we live in. They have always existed. Its also been said that outsiders can never enter unless someone from that universe let them in.

Btw, I used the term offline because I don't know the proper term just yet.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

I tend not to occupy my thoughts with questions I cannot prove to myself in some shape or form.

However I can offer an opinion, assuming UFO's are real then no doubt they have travelled to the the edge of our universe and reached the limit or membrane. One question come to mind. Can that membrane be pentrated or does the universe simply expand with the observer. If the universe's membrane can be penetrated then the entity, in this case an Alien, being the first would effectively be creating a new universe upon leaving this one.

There of course may already be a shortcut in place and instead of traveling to the edge of our universe an Alien could instead enter a black hole. We can only hypothesise as to what happens when an entity moves beyond the event horizon of one. They may be transported to another time, universe or dimension. This is one of the few questions where the answer is to literally find out, perhaps one day we will but the irony is that the answer will stay with the veuyour/s entering the black hole.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

That was a good answer. It's very close to my answer.

Second line.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join