It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help, I've Run Out of Questions!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
OP wrote:

I have now reached a sad time in my life because guess what, I've run out of questions.

You just don't know how good you've got it. A lot of other people have reached a sad time in their life because guess what, they've run out of:

Food
Drinking Water
Shelter
Someone to take care of and love them them (children)

Did I forget anything? Oh yeah, the hypercritical QUESTIONS.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Seeing as a storm seems to be brewing I will make myself clear as to where I am at with this. I only need to reach one person in a similar predicament to have made this thread worthwhile. Do I really need help, yes and no. Yes if it's truely off the chart stuff. No if it's the titbits of drivel posted on here so far (excluding my posts of course!) which have been worthless to me with one exception. I'm not gonna lie to you or put a cherry on top, it's not my style, I say it how it is and how I see it.

Honestly it saddens me a little that none of you have a clue where I'm coming from, but on the flip side it's actually helped solidify what I already knew and just how different I am from most. You may see that as ego, I see it as confidence in who I am and where I'm at. As I said knowledge is like a drug for me and now that tap is running dry. These are end times for me also I see that now.

May I not be plagued by petty tyrants ever again but thanks anyway for you've helped me better focus my attention. You've helped me identify that the human mindset is mostly mundane, predicatable, egotistical, self centered, lost, easily controlled, resistant to change and more. This is especially prominant in most of the western world. However the severity of these traits varies slightly from culture to culture.

People, teachers, prophets, gurus and great leaders have left you all some wonderfull wisdom yet still the majority of you walk around deluded and blinded by your false sense of superiority and knowing. Maybe it's true what they say in that humans will never change. It's will soon be time we've been compasionate and given our time and energy for long enough now. I know why I came to earth, I know my purpose and it's the last time I am doing this. You have spat in my face, insulted me, arrested me, ridiculed me taken away my sense of freedom, stolen from me and sucked me dry. You are a cruel species and when the light is gone once and for all you will truely realise the error of your ways but by then we will be long gone. May you find comfort in you numbness.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Dang that sounds almost identical to a "sermon" I heard David Koresh give his congregation on a documentary about him. .

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan
I only need to reach one person in a similar predicament to have made this thread worthwhile.

So then you immediately exclude any one who has already been there and left, right? Not that you would be able to tell the difference; you just make statements like this whenever you have an apparent disagreement:

the majority of you walk around deluded and blinded by your false sense of superiority and knowing.

I still say you are too full of yourself to really notice anything special. It's not just me picking on you, it's almost like a fact of physics: the more self-absorbed you are, the less environment-absorbed or body-absorbed, etc. you are. The more you make personal sacrifices, the more the universe will be opened to you.

Making statements like "the majority of you walk around deluded and blinded by your false sense of superiority and knowing" is saying more about YOU than it is anyone else.

That's why the Tao te Ching says this:

Other people are bright;
I alone am dark.
Other people are sharper;
I alone am dull.
Other people have a purpose;
I alone don't know.
I drift like a wave on the ocean,
I blow as aimless as the wind.

Someone with a big ego could never resonate with that passage.

And immediately before that it also denounces material possessions and various emotional entanglements, also things that people with a lot of pride or ego would not be able to give up:

Other people are excited,
as though they were at a parade.
I alone don't care,
I alone am expressionless,
like an infant before it can smile.

Other people have what they need;
I alone possess nothing.
I alone drift about,
like someone without a home.
I am like an idiot, my mind is so empty.

Not trying to be inflammatory (the only thing that CAN be inflamed is your ego after all, your pride, your sense of self), but I have little respect for anyone's mental capacity that can't see the sublime truths in this ancient text. Call it a litmus if you will, if any difference can be perceived at all. It has been translated into more languages than any other book except the Bible, and has been around since the 6th century BC, and all this without even proclaiming itself a religion or having any large body of followers. In fact it is as often considered a philosophical work as it is a religious or spiritual one, not that there is anything to a name.

Don't defend yourself against me, because I don't care about you.

Why am I posting this, then, you ask?

Because you DO have a spark of divinity in you, but it isn't your ego, and in fact your ego actively repels it by its very nature.

So your defensive side, your pride, ego, your 'the majority of you are ignorant' side, is uninteresting to me and I don't really want anything to do with it, so much as I don't want my clothes stained by grape juice or my soul stained with vitriol. But if you could set it aside for 2 seconds to consider all the other things I've just said, *maybe* you will find something new to wonder about. At any rate, its evolution; you will either stagnate and die or you will continue to grow. It's either one or the other and I don't get to make that choice for you. Like I said, don't start defending yourself, because I don't give a damn about that part of you.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You are a cruel species and when the light is gone once and for all you will truely realise the error of your ways but by then we will be long gone. May you find comfort in you numbness.

The reason you state for not doing this anymore is IMHO the very reason you must keep doing it. Why help people who don't want help?
See what i ment? Paradox.

The first ones always are ridiculed, but they are always the first ones to be remembered when the lights do go out.
Receiving a thank you is not why you are here. Paving the way is hard work.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

If you are wisened then the answer is simple.

Be the provider of the answers you know,by giving guidance
to those who are still on the journey to that level of understanding.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Make sure to check out Project Camelot's site. There's a lot of stuff there that may help you springboard into new information.

Especially Dan Burisch, Bob Dean and David Wilcock. Good luck finding a new batch of information!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I'd start questioning the beliefs, because if you know all the answers, that's a good indicator that you know no answers at all.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Republican08]

Star for you

For the OP:
Beliefs will stop you getting new and conflicting information, and if you think you know all the truth - then you have no reason to keep looking.

Try this - just forget everything you think you knew - then go out and do it all over again.

Also, how about do some experimenting. I think that physical sciences are well behind where they should be - and that the dogmatic approach of the peer review process is stalling things.

Go out and do some experiments, make some observations! There's always a new sun on the horizon - its new every day.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

heres a thought, how about asking yourself why all but one person in this thread has posted as you say "drivel"

from this vantage point, the only person who doesnt get it is yourself.

this post has been really good tbh, a very intresting discussion, yet you dont get it ? .. its most worrying, verging on narcisistic behaviour , albeit very slightly.

you posted asking for help, as you have ran out of questions as you know all the answers, i know what you mean, you are seeking a path to more knowlage, which people have tried to help you with, but you have just been real defensive towards most of the replys..

what exactly is it you want? a discussion, or to just tell everyone their wrong? (as well you know we are, as you know all the answers).

my last line in this post.

you have to be able to think up your own questions, or you will never be able to find the answers.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Haha, you really have way too much mind play going on. You continue to ramble on and get caught up in more drama when the answer is already available.

Stop thinking. "You" do not even exist. "You" are nothing more than a mental thought construct that is reinforced by an attachment to mind and body.

Break free of your conditionings and you will see the truth. Still the mind and release all desire. This is the only way to achieve everlasting peace, bliss and freedom.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well...

Maybe the question you should ask is...

Who am I ?

or who is the I that is wanting to ask these questions ?

Then you come to the conclusion that, I am a set of paradigms within my ever turbulent mind, experiencing the world through my body, and its organs...

Then I challenge you, my dear pharoah,
What are you when you still your mind ?

Answer this question, after experiencing the stillness of your mind...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

My advice is to now question your "answers".

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Hey Buddy, I think I have an answer that might make you feel a little better.

In a way I understand where you're coming from. I say in a way because at the moment there are no questions I can think of to ask to certain people (people like you who know what they are talking about) at this point in time.

However, I find that whenever the time is right, only when questions arise that I must find answers to. My point is, you could be the same way and just don't know it yet.

Just give yourself some time, I'm sure a question will come soon. I hope what I wrote help a little if not a lot.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

from this vantage point, the only person who doesnt get it is yourself.

you posted asking for help, as you have ran out of questions as you know all the answers,

what exactly is it you want? a discussion, or to just tell everyone their wrong? (as well you know we are, as you know all the answers).

my last line in this post.

you have to be able to think up your own questions, or you will never be able to find the answers.

This is like the tenth time I have said this. WHERE EXACTLY HAVE I SAID I KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS!!!!!!

Oh I get it alright, I get the fact that this reality is so limited and restricted that it no longer challenges my intellect and hasn't done for some time. The is a stagnant world we live in and I will not be the first to run out of questions to ask of THIS reality, there will be many more!

Most on this earth are akink to hamsters on a wheel, round and round you all go not really changing not really advancing not really doing anything outstanding.

However, if you push yourself hard enough, are commited and brave enough to experiment and not just trust in you beliefs but discover the truth behind them then you will also eventually understand your world 'inside out', it's hard yes but not impossible to concieve.

What I want everyone here to realise and take away from this thread is that we have sqeezed this reality dry, there is nothing more to gain from it! But most posters on this thread cannot see past their ego and work this out! Shame really but not surprising, in fact surprises are rare in a mundane reality that you understand. Ask yourself, when was the last time you were surprised!?

That last part you said, not bad advice and I do it as a matter of course every day, but the well is dry.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Oh really now? This reality is stagnant you say? We have squeezed it dry have we? Then how come we are still confined to our little rock? Why don't we know precisely our origins? Why aren't we able to extend our life times indefinantly? Etc etc etc.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

Originally posted by Republican08
I'd start questioning the beliefs, because if you know all the answers, that's a good indicator that you know no answers at all.

Beliefs will stop you getting new and conflicting information, and if you think you know all the truth - then you have no reason to keep looking.

Try this - just forget everything you think you knew - then go out and do it all over again.

Go out and do some experiments, make some observations! There's always a new sun on the horizon - its new every day.

Talk about misquoting! Where have I said I know ALL the truth, please there is a big difference between ALL the truth and SOME of the truth!

Try forgetting everything - That is the dumbest advice so far, come on ATS'ers. - Why on earth would I want to do that and throw away all my work, and on top of that you're advising I do it again!- Quote

Einstein's definition of madnes "madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I can sympathise with your plight. I've spent more time than most asking questions and searching for answers; most answers only bring more questions, and a great many of said questions cannot readily be answered. I find myself at a stand-still; I am unable to answer what questions I have, nor can I think of anything which I've not already asked. While I am certain that life and event will provide both questions and answers, though not necessarily corresponding ones, I've reached a point at which I am surrounded by a philosophical silence; perhaps by mental fatigue, the onset of stress, or by simple chance or fate the workings of my mind have come to a halt, accepting my position rather than attemping to better it.
The result has been, to say the least, infuriating; each day comes and goes unmarked on the grand scale of my small existence, and yet I'm left both to wonder about and await the coming of a day in which I'll find that ever-elusive change which I've sought for so many years; I'm confident that somewhere, somehow, my life will change in an unexpected and irrevocable manner, and that the change will be most welcome. However, despite my many askings and findings I am no closer to realizing that change than I was as a child; knowing the things that I do and being powerless to achieve the things which are most important to me is, beyond a single doubt, much more frustrating than simply living in blithe ignorance.
Consequently, the coming of each new day brings with it an expectation which to date has gone unfulfilled, and the disappointment brought by the coming of the time in which I must sleep waxes ever more unwanted. More and more I find myself unable to abide the company of others nor even to enjoy the menial aspects of my life which once brought a semblance of peace during daylight hours; at any juncture during which I allow my mind to wander through the corridors of thought which over the last few years gave hope to the idea that some truth in change could be acquired, I find myself riddled with feelings of doubt, anxiety, failure, and over all else, a feeling of great anticipation. It is the latter of those feelings which renders normality impossible; I'm constantly awaiting something which never comes, hence many times over I have wished that I did not delve into the mysteries of life.
However, I still allow myself to maintain the bland optimism that it was for a reason, and not merely the passing fancy of a youthful mind; I've chosen to bear the forementioned hell of a life for the hope that one day, somehow, it'll all come to bear meaning. I've heard it said that one must choose at some point in life to live either a life of meaning, or of happiness; I believe I've made the correct choice, though in truth it will be time which proves or destroys my theory.
In closing, I advise you to stop seeking the questions. If you've reached a point of such frustration that you must post on a conspirasist site to hear the varied opinions and musings of the "strange" masses, so be it. There are far worse roads to travel. However, if you're able to let anybody here sway your mind one way or another, you're not remotely ready to accept the burden implied by the simple word "truth". If you're to learn anything at all, even if it is only a question you seek, it will find you.
After all, the only questions worth asking are the ones that nobody has asked.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Haha, you really have way too much mind play going on. You continue to ramble on and get caught up in more drama when the answer is already available.

Stop thinking. "You" do not even exist. "You" are nothing more than a mental thought construct that is reinforced by an attachment to mind and body.

Break free of your conditionings and you will see the truth. Still the mind and release all desire. This is the only way to achieve everlasting peace, bliss and freedom.

Au contraire, in my reality it is you that does not exist, you contribute not so I do not see you. You are not even a distant memory just the product of some chaotic thought patterns long ago.

Please, where do you guys get this stuff from, talk about needing major deprograming. Release all desire, lol. It is desire which is the stuff behind dreams and you're saying release that, so aka give up your dreams. Oh boy. And this is the only way to achieving everlasting peace! So you know this as fact do you? Or are you just regurgitating something you heard elsewhere! Basically to sumurise you're saying don't think and throw away your dreams. TPTB would kiss you for spreading that advice alright, good job I don't swallow it. Incidently breaking free of your socialogical and implanted conditioning does not 'show' you the truth, it prepares you for it, big difference.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by skywalker_
Well...

Then I challenge you, my dear pharoah,
What are you when you still your mind ?

Answer this question, after experiencing the stillness of your mind...

Thanks but I answered this lifetimes ago!

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
*sighs*
One of Mankind's curses is to be like a blind man climbing a mountain. A great many reach a point and call it the top of the mountain convincing themselves despite all that they are at the peak, they can go no farther. You sound like just such a person OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join