It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help, I've Run Out of Questions!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cds4344
How profound, must we make a thread about it?

So since you know everything, hence you have no more questions, then you must have a wall full of doctorates I'm assuming.

Dull as dishwater and yet another cheap shot. Where exactly did I say I know everything?

They come and they go!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i have a question/s for you to ask yourself..

(and im not flaming, baiting or being concited, this is a serious question)

how do you know you know the answers?

and for whatever the answer is..

how can you be sure?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
please elaborate on how asking questions makes a mockery of everything?

There is nothing wrong with asking questions. Perhaps i should have made it even more clear that there is no way for one to run 'out' of questions?

i question everything as i like answers and i like knowing stuff, i may be happy with an answer but it will still lead to another question .. if anything, questioniung everything is the process of learning for yourself, and not being taught everything by a specified person.... i would even go as far as saying its the ultimate tool for self learning.

Glad to hear we have no disagreements and that the current that is based on you making inccorect assumptions about my earlier post........

Good luck with the questions.

Stellar

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
You have all the answers yet you are here asking questions? If you had all your answers you would have not need to question.

Press your nose against the mirror too hard and you'll just go cross eyed.
..or get a sore nose.

Um, what questions exactly are you refering to?

Press your head up against the wall of truth and you'll probably shudder and make your own up to mask your ignorance!

[edit on 20-5-2009 by pharaohmoan]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Good job. You've discovered that the truth can not be understood by the mind. It is beyond the mind and may only be experienced.

To experience the truth you must stop all your questioning and come to silence. Still the mind and you will see clearly.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan
I have been searching for the truth my whole life and have found answers to many if not all the questions I've have asked.

I have now reached a sad time in my life because guess what, I've run out of questions.

Perhaps I can help! I put forward a plethora of questions in this thread. Please stop by and help answer what you can (please follow the rules though) or if I'm missing questions, I encourage you to add them.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

i have a question/s for you to ask yourself..

(and im not flaming, baiting or being concited, this is a serious question)

how do you know you know the answers?

and for whatever the answer is..

how can you be sure?

-I've researched the truth.
-I've checked if it resonates with me.
-I've cross correlated the truth with my heart and mind.
-I've done field research to not only pursue the truth but test the truth practically with action thus converting it from a belief into a truth.
-I've tapped into my past lifetimes to quantify and add credence to beliefs before they became a truth.
-I've lived life and witnessed its misgivings as well as its beauty.
-I've put my beliefs through the verfication wash and spin cycle many times, not accepting them as truths until I have seen and experienced the truth with my own eyes.

If you really want to differenciate a truth from a falsehood there's quite a journey and methodology that needs to be adhered too. For part of the way your heart, (one of the main guidence systems when it comes to pursuing the truth) will get you some of the way, then you have to work the rest out for yourself through research, experience and exposure. In some cases the truth isnt always answered in a persons lifetime.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
You have all the answers yet you are here asking questions? If you had all your answers you would have not need to question.

Press your nose against the mirror too hard and you'll just go cross eyed.
..or get a sore nose.

Um, what questions exatly are you refering to?

the answer is 42.

If you cannot think of any new questions it is not because your mind has answered them all.. it just means your mind is limited by it's own comprehension of reality. I gave you a fairly simple analogy.. basically if you look to close at something you might miss the bigger picture.

Press your head up against the wall of truth and you'll probably shudder and make your own up to mask your ignorance!

Seems anyone who has tried to share a bit of wisdom with you has been dismissed. So why even ask us at all? Truth is a very subjective thing.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Wrong on all counts. Again you're making a judgement call based on very little knowledge about me, my life and my journey. I gave up putting limits on reality or shutting off my mind from input since the age of 10 so you might say I'm an expert in absorbing information pursuant to the questions I have asked of reality. I am an expert at seperating the wheat from the chaff.

As for the wisdom you speak of if it were true wisdom being shared rather than just parot fashion regurgitation of what I call prop up the ego statements, then they would resonate with me. I've already fully explained myself as to some of the so called wisdom which you claim has been shared but which I have yet to see. If you think I missed any truths do share otherwise please take your pearls of so called wisdom elsewhere.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by pharaohmoan]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

Wrong on all counts. Again you're making a judgement call based on very little knowledge about me, my life and my journey.

Likewise.

I gave up putting limits on reality or shutting off my mind from input since the age of 10 so you might say I'm an expert in absorbing information pursuant to the questions I have asked of reality. I am an expert at seperating the wheat from the chaff.

So we are not experts then? :shk: Then why bother asking us mere novices? Reality and truth is not just limited to your perception of it and the universe is certainly not limited to what questions you can ask of it. What an ego.

As for the wisdom you speak of if it were true wisdom being shared rather than just parot fashion regurgitation of what I call prop up the ego statements, then they would resonate with me. I've already fully explained myself as to some of the so called wisdom which you claim has been shared but which I have yet to see. If you think I missed any truths do share otherwise please take your pearls of so called wisdom elsewhere.

Fully explained yourself have you? You obviously have anger issues and are not interested in our opinions but only interested in parading yourself and ELEVATING yourself as some sort of expert above the rest of us. If thats what happens when you answer all lifes questions you haven't come very far.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I have a profound question..............Where is my remote?! Been looking for days, asked everyone, but it is still missing.

Seriously, you must have been asking the wrong questions, if you feel they have been answered. Everything you can satisfactorily answer is a simplistic question. Even within the fields of science, all the great answers lead to infinitely more questions. Newton and Einstein never saw their theories reach a stopping point.

I do understand your dilemma though. I have found myself feeling utterly un-creative. All my ideas dried up, lustless/listless. No passion for exploring within or without.

Typically some good drinks and a one night stand cure that condition (even if you have to pay for it)! Not kidding here, find a muse!

If that doesn't work, then find a quiet spot and become what you are feeling. I have spent days in a remote location just "being" without too much thought or purpose, and I have gained some insite and clarity this way. I am not great at meditating, but a grassy nole overlooking the beach brings me a lot clearer head after some time.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

as negative as it seems, i agree with your last post here dude ...

every suggestion of an unanswered question or help in finding more answers has been met with a closed door ..

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

If you had something to share of value then I would be interested. So far in this thread I have not seen anything worth absorbing. Maybe you have elsewhere but certainly not here

What questions are you refering to which you claim I am asking? There are none in the paragraph you have quoted.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

So far in this thread I have not seen anything worth absorbing.

Oh come on....you must not have read mine yet. Beach, booze, hookers, Einstein, there is plenty there to absorb!

And, you still haven't found my remote.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by getreadyalready]

[edit on 20-5-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Your humor is lost on me...thankfully.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
hello. you might try,if you dare,looking into chubby checker's 'sound mirror' and where all that came from. up to you.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

If you had something to share of value then I would be interested. So far in this thread I have not seen anything worth absorbing. Maybe you have elsewhere but certainly not here

Wow.. did you just dismiss me out of your little domain?

What questions are you refering to which you claim I am asking? There are none in the paragraph you have quoted.

You posted claiming you wanted peoples' help and advice yet sucker punched them. It's like you expected us to all go scurrying off to bring you back philosophical gems for his lordship only to have you turn around and literally disqualify them all as being "unworthy" of you and tossing them in the bin.

Power trip.. I think thats the whole point of this thread.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by riley]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

reply to post by riley

as negative as it seems, i agree with your last post here dude ...

every suggestion of an unanswered question or help in finding more answers has been met with a closed door ..

..and a paragraph or two explaining what makes him an expert on everything that matters. The OP strikes me more as a statement of achievement than a genuine request for help.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by riley]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Wow, the first entry into my "ignore" list.

I have met a lot of good people on this forum, but this particular thread is the most worthless I have run across so far. I originally thought this OP had a real issue, then found them to be ego-maniacal, then to find out that not even sarcasm with a hint of "go look in the mirror, you're no Einstein" could get through to them.

Sadly, not everyone can be reached. Natural selection I guess. Good luck with your journey OP!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
OP may be preparing to start a new religion and just bouncing some stuff off on us. Hey we all gotta make a living.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join