It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help, I've Run Out of Questions!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
no one ever knows the answers... ever.

Life is like roddy piper! just when you think you know the answers it changes the questions.

theirs always an answer, but every answer asks another question.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
no one ever knows the answers... ever.

Life is like roddy piper! just when you think you know the answers it changes the questions.

theirs always an answer, but every answer asks another question.

If that were the case we'd still be walking around in the middle ages! Answers are there to help with our questions and needs, how do we fix this, how do we build that, how do we resolve such and such and issue. So erm many people know the answers to many questions.

And no sometimes there is no answer hence when a paradox arises.
As for every answer leading to another question again I'd have to disagree with you as many but not 'all' answers have an obvious outcome where further questioning is either foolhardy or rediculous. Like what is binary? or how do you get from Charing Cross to Trafalgar Square?, or who is you mother? A small technicallity but one nontheless.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

intresting though .. but asking questions and finding new questions is what has led to us having the things in life we have, if everyone was happy with the answers we would have never progressed anywhere.

im not good at making points, but i hope this does.

"what is binary?" leads to "how does this make chips work?" leads to "how are chips made?" leads to "who came up with the idea?" leads to "how did he come up with this concept?" leads to "how does the brain manage to conceptuliase things like this?" and so on and so on..

a question can be answered, but gurenteed that when answered it will lead to more questions.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
IMo, you shouldn never run out of questions, as the answers you have are not right anyway, they could be the ultimate truth to you, but they will never be completely right.

I see it as a guide, laying your own path, further down your path, you may get hindsight which makes you question where you have already been and question your perspective you had then, which makes you alter your path.

I don't think I will ever be right, dead right, about anything in my life, but I use it as a rough guide to percieve the events around me, I'm probably wrong, but I've called a few of the major events that have happened over the past year or so, before they happened. This says to me that I am on the right path, for me at least.

Anyway, you wanted a few questions:

Why are we here?

What is the meaning of life?

Is there a 'God'? If so, what is it to you?

What is Science? The journey for truth or conformity?

Do you believe in any Religion? Is religion a good thing or a bad thing?

What are supposed UFO'? USO's?

Do Aliens exist? Do Aliens visit Earth? Do aliens inhabit earth?

How far does the power and influence of the few, stretch to the many? national? International? Global?

Who is in charge? Is anyone?

There's a few questions for you, guaranteed we will both have different answers for nearly all, if not all of them. Who's right? Me? You? Or do we just see things differently due to the path we've taken, the things we've seen or read and drawn our own conclusions from?

I hope this helps you in some way.

EMM

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I would vote this thread 'thumbs down' but perhaps i could be more constructive and point the original posters ( and the disciple's that have now gathered here) to a thread that interestingly covers the issue of 'conviction'.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Speaking for myself i will just that i find the claim quite humorous given how knowledge should always lead to more questions; if the only thing you find is answers you are in my opinion making quite a mockery of the process of learning.

Stellar

[edit on 20-5-2009 by StellarX]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by StellarX

please elaborate on how asking questions makes a mockery of everything?

i question everything as i like answers and i like knowing stuff, i may be happy with an answer but it will still lead to another question .. if anything, questioniung everything is the process of learning for yourself, and not being taught everything by a specified person.... i would even go as far as saying its the ultimate tool for self learning.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Thanks for taking an interest however your first paragraph is was off the mark, sorry but who are you to make such a call as saying that the answers to my questions will never (rather than might not) be completly right. Sure sometimes the truths I have incorporated are a bit rough around the edges and need further refining but they have served me well so far.

Yes rarely but sometimes I have had to redefine certain truths and restructure my belief system. However for the most part the questions I have asked of this world have been answered both intelectually and spirtually speaking. My heart is my guide and my head the barometer of sense and reason. So far my journey of discovery and truth has answered and unlocked many hidden secrets or at the very least satisfied my thirst for knowledge and advancement.

It's kind of you to pose some of the questions you have but in reality I asked them lifetimes ago and have well structured answers to all of them, 2 of which are obvious oxymorons.

Obviously some still require more clairity but that is often the case.

I didn't however start this thread in order to answer all the questions posed. That's for the individual to discover for themselves and part of their journey. I guess in some respects I was hoping for a question about reality which I hadn't thought of before, plus I wanted a place where people in a similar predicament could come and share their thoughts as to how to create and faciliate the next bank of questions that will inevitably arrise when we move on from the stagnant reality called planet earth.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
You say: "my hands are tied until something or someone starts the right chain of events!" and "why can't I be free?"

Mayhap you can ask your self this:
Why are you waiting for something or someone to get the ball rolling?
Why don't You start the "right chain of events?"

or:
How did You Let your hands get tied in the first place?
Nobody does anything to anybody, that we don't let them do!

and is this truth? "freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose"
-Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster-

If you can find the umbilical cord that keeps you from being totally free
can you and will you sever yourself from the life source?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX
I would vote this thread 'thumbs down' but perhaps i could be more constructive and point the original posters ( and the disciple's that have now gathered here) to a thread that interestingly covers the issue of 'conviction'.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Speaking for myself i will just that i find the claim quite humorous given how knowledge should always lead to more questions; if the only thing you find is answers you are in my opinion making quite a mockery of the process of learning.

Stellar

[edit on 20-5-2009 by StellarX]

Sorry but you insult me by making a judgement call on a stage in my life that should be better understood for what it is, ie a stage of my existance which rings alarm bells for in reality I should never run out of questions to ask of the world around me It has nothing to do with arrogance but rather is a self confested realisation, and a healthy one for on the journey of life it is wrong to remain in denial which is not only unhealthy but also indirectly hurts others. Obviously something is wrong relatively speaking and the pointers indicate that there it is the world in which I inhabit which is no longer where I need to be in order to find enrichment. This is a more fitting reply than "thumbs down" Ditto btw.

Secondly I am not hear to humor you, another insult, which proves how ego driven you are and how little you have learned about the learning process. To correct you, questions lead to answers lead to questions, but this process in both finite and temporal and is influenced by the level of reality in which one resides, until a critical point or brick wall (which shouldn't really happen) is reached. My level is complete save for a few minor points. I'm not assamed to admit this, in fact in all honesty I'm rather pleased with my accomplishments. It's certainly ample material to base a film on, or build a new reality with!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan

Originally posted by dtice
Wow man, good for you.
But I've learned throughout the years to always be wary of those who claim to have all the answers. And to me, you can't possibly have the answer to the most important question of all: what comes after? So that makes me think that it could be that you have no real answers at all. In fact, I would venture to say you are looking for some kind of attention with a thread like that. Due to your responses to the others, it just seems like you are trying to start something for your own boredom's sake. Good for you.

I'm getting a bit fed up with this. I have not said I have all the answers so please don't insinuate this, I said I've run out and questions, one doesn't imply the other. That's so presumptuous and happens on ATS far to often.

You really want to know what comes after. That people like me, and there are few, don't have to mix with minds like yours who misinterpret stuff then bend the truth to inflate their own ego, quite frankly it bores me. If I wanted attention I'd run around naked in Trafalgar square or shoot a celebrity then right a book about it.

You got one thing right, I am bored, bored senseless in fact. This world is so repetitive and caught up in an evolutionary process that is slower than snail pace. Sorry but it's not for me, I'm well beyond that pace of progression now. And ill be glad to leave behind the human mindset which is beginning to offend me now.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by pharaohmoan]

Now I KNOW, without a shadow of a doubt, this is all about ego. You have learned nothing. Pride comes before the fall.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
You say: "my hands are tied until something or someone starts the right chain of events!" and "why can't I be free?"

Mayhap you can ask your self this:
Why are you waiting for something or someone to get the ball rolling?
Why don't You start the "right chain of events?"

or:
How did You Let your hands get tied in the first place?
Nobody does anything to anybody, that we don't let them do!

and is this truth? "freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose"
-Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster-

If you can find the umbilical cord that keeps you from being totally free
can you and will you sever yourself from the life source?

Fair questions, and my answer is this. I am in bondage just like the rest of humanity. My concept of freedom exists nowhere on earth.

I am waiting for the convergence of intellect and realisation in order to faciliate the end times. Something one man cannot do alone but can only hope to facilitate which I am.

When the time comes I will amplify the energy and more needed to "get the ball rolling" as you put it.

As for your quote

" Nobody does anything to anybody, that we don't let them do!"

sorry but this is pure claptrap and typical indoctrination by the ptb that want you to think like this. It's a very dangerous thought pattern to adopt and from what I've seen and experienced quite ridiculous. It sounds like you're almost trying to justify evil. Unforgiveable and way off the mark.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dtice

In which case you have learnt nothing and like many others are stuck in your own comfortable belief system making false presumptions about the world around you, not based on fact, experience or research but based on fear and laziness.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
Have you yet asked the universe whether it supports the use of natural magics? You know the unexplained phenomena associated with the metaphysical aspect of energy? Can you concentrate long enough to guide your energy flow, commanding it to perform some mundane task?

Me neither. I'm just trying to be helpful. It must be terrible to have run out of questions. How old are you anyway?

Unless I missed it and if so my apology in advance, but you answered everyone except me.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
Have you yet asked the universe whether it supports the use of natural magics? You know the unexplained phenomena associated with the metaphysical aspect of energy? Can you concentrate long enough to guide your energy flow, commanding it to perform some mundane task?

Me neither. I'm just trying to be helpful. It must be terrible to have run out of questions. How old are you anyway?

Unless I missed it and if so my apology in advance, but you answered everyone except me.

Rather than ask the uniiverse why or how? Why not act out what it is you want to achieve or want answered instead. Motion or the act of participation begets much clearer responses. Try to experiment a little and rather than trying to make the wind blow for example instead become the wind. Do not have a mundane task in mind instead instill your intentions with purpose, why try and move a brick with your mind when the brick is already set in its ways!

If you want to better understand energy flow try taking up a martial art or dance classes. This will reveal much about your chi energy which once understood will clear the path for further enlightenment.

And yes it is a travesty that I have run out of questions to ask of this reality, but it's a healthy realisation nonetheless.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by pharaohmoan]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

You know, pharaoh, I can't claim to be a lot different. I am approaching 32 years of age and have been studying for about the last 20 years of my life.

There have been times when I have thought that I was fairly close to answering my questions. However, I must say that every time I come to an explanation or what I think is the "truth," something always pops up to make me question the "truth" that I have come to.

Pharaoh, thank you for being polite towards my somewhat obtuse comments. I have actually added you to my friends list because of your civility. You could have become very rude, but you didn't. I appreciate that.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

There have been times when I have thought that I was fairly close to answering my questions. However, I must say that every time I come to an explanation or what I think is the "truth," something always pops up to make me question the "truth" that I have come to.

Pharaoh, thank you for being polite towards my somewhat obtuse comments. I have actually added you to my friends list because of your civility. You could have become very rude, but you didn't. I appreciate that.

No worries. I understand what you are saying, however in my case I have seen a drastic slowdown/halt in the rate that questions are arising. This is not good enough for me as questions are very indicitive of progression and when progression comes to a halt we've got real problems. So you see I want the dream, I want true freedom of expression and I want to feel alive again. A more divine/harmonic orientated reality will always facilitate growth, of this I am in no doubt so it is logical for me that that is where I want to be.

The reason for most of the hostility on here is because people are in denial that there is something drastically wrong with our society and ergo reality itself, it is literally stagnant. And if they don't admit this in others then how are they going to hear the alarm bells that should be ringing when someone like me comes along and says they have hit a metaphorical brick wall when it comes to new questions about life. Do you see where I'm going with this? To admit this in others is to admit it to oneself or at least be open to the possibility of such a scenario occuring in the future and people just aren't ready for that mindset, trust me this shift causes major discomfort in an unenlightened mind.

There is a reason for my directness (possible unfounded interpretation of arrogance) with others on here. It is because I am comfortable with my truths and they sit very well with me this bothers many whom are still unsure of themselves. Humans generally like taking cheap shots if it means a quick fix for their ego is just around the corner. That is what you have been witness to for much of this thread. It's a very juvanile mentality that unfortunatly is hard wired in most humans. I'm glad I can now see it for what it is.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Are you waiting for all human beings to get on the same sheet of music?

It may be a while.

The "Quickening" may be close to the end of the "bottle-neck". But I doubt that Man will pass through this part of the journey's birth canal with out putting up one heck of a fight.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
How profound, must we make a thread about it?

So since you know everything, hence you have no more questions, then you must have a wall full of doctorates I'm assuming.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You have all the answers yet you are here asking questions? If you had all your answers you would have not need to question.

Press your nose against the mirror too hard and you'll just go cross eyed.
..or get a sore nose.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by riley]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
Are you waiting for all human beings to get on the same sheet of music?

It may be a while.

The "Quickening" may be close to the end of the "bottle-neck". But I doubt that Man will pass through this part of the journey's birth canal with out putting up one heck of a fight.

Not all, just the ones that matter.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join