It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Missing Link, the NWO, and the Rise of Separatism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is my first thread on ATS, however I have been an active poster for almost a month now, and perhaps the topic that has caught my eye the most (and a lot of other people for that matter) is the History Channel Documentary on May 25th.

Speculation rose and rose and questions were asked, but finally, if you didn't know, it has been settled that the special will be able Ida, the missing link, the greatest archeological find in this century with the potential to, as was said by many, prove evolution, debunk creationism, and pretty much combat religion altogether.

Perhaps the oldest debate among warring men in the history of humans is religion. To have so many people put so much faith in something for so long, only to have it potentially ripped out from under their feet would be disastrous, almost like stopping heroine cold turkey - it just doesn't work. Some will take it, others will defend their faith to no ends - that is how it always has been.

What I find interesting is the timing of this find. According to information provided, this fossil sat being studied for 2 years before any mention of it was given. Two years they had a window to say something but for some reason they held it in. All of a sudden, the world is on edge - a breaking point everywhere. Financial systems are collapsing, pandemics are breaking out, protests are becoming all too common, and more and more people are 'waking up' everyday.

Why release this now?

In the single worst point in time in the past decade, you release a find that has the potential to drive a savage wedge between groups of people that over the last bit of time, have been able to set aside difference of beliefs and perhaps focus on the unilateral suffering and collapse the world is facing.

While the information may be accurate (not sure how big a 47 million year margin of error really is), couldn't it be just another distraction? Something to keep the scientific minds busy and the cinders of creationism vs evolution burning red hot?

It just seems to me, a little bit to convenient... leading into what many see is coming.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I really doubt anything is going to rip the religion out from under people. Do you really think a creationist is going to believe that a 47 million year old monkey/lemur thing even existed when they believe that the earth is 6000 years old? It wont even phase most people. You must still believe facts change peoples minds. After you post on ATS a bit longer you will realize that cant be further from the truth.

[edit on 5/19/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

new topics

join