It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NORWAY - Uknown Shooter of amazing UFO footage!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

You would hardly hear any sound from airplanes flying in high altitude, especialy if you're surrounded by screeming chicks

I'm actualy a UFO believer, once having had an obvious UFO sighting myself, but on this one i have to go with DaMod and the others, suggesting this is flare being released in high altitude. it too much looks like that, sorry.

Ko3

[edit on 19-5-2009 by kid_of_3NKi]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigantea Rosa

Well spotted, also when one looks at your stills it's apparent that each of these ufo orbs is different in colour and that makes it legitimate in my eyes.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i believe this to be a phenomenon from that part of the world that is currently being studied, and not flares. i also believe internos did a thread on it. unfortunately i forget the name of the phenomenon. i will see if i can find the thread.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
More info on the documented sightings of this type of phenomena in Norway in the Hessdalen valley.
www.narcap.org...

A Long-Term Scientific Survey of the Hessdalen Phenomenon

Massimo TeodoraniCNR- Instituto di Radioastronomia/Radiotelescopi di MedicinaVia Florentina - 44406 Villafontana (BO) - Italy

Abstract - The balls of light which appear in the Hessdalen valley in Norway are exemplary of anomalous atmospheric luminous phenomena that occur frequently at some locations on Earth. The recurrence of the phenomenon and the existence of an instrumented observation station makes this area an ideal research site. The apparent correlation of luminous phenomena with magnetic perturbations, radio emission, and radar tracks found by Norwegian researchers, led some Italian physicists and engineers of the EMBLA Project to reanalyze the Norwegian data. The second step was three explorative instrumented, field-study expeditions. The behavior of the phenomenon was monitored with optical, radio, and radar techniques. The global picture of the phenomenon obtained so far shows that the phenomenon's radiant power varies, reaching values up to 19kW. These changes are caused by sudden surface variations of the illuminated area owing to the appearance of clusters of light balls that behave in a thermally self-regulated way. Apparent characterisctics consistent with a solid are strongly suspected from the study of distributions of radiant power. Other anomalous characteristics include the capability to eject smaller light balls, some unidentified frequency shift in the VLF range, and possible deposition of metallic particles. A self-consistent definitive theory of the phenomenon' nature and origin in all its aspects cannot be constructed yet quantitatively, but some of the observations can be explained by an electrochemical model for the ball-lightning phenomenon. The importance is stressed of using more sophisticated instrumentation in the future.

-from The Journal of Scientific Exploration, July 2004

Also citeseerx.ist.psu.edu...

The Embla project was born in 1998 as a joint research program between Istituto di Radioastronomia, Bologna, Italy and stfold College, Norway. This project is carried out by scientists and engineering students from Italy and Norway. The goal of project Embla is to study the electromagnetic behavior of the unexplained luminous phenomena occurring in the atmosphere in a remote Norwegian valley, Hessdalen. Since this phenomena shows a random type of behavior and appearance, it was necessary for scientists to establish contact with engineers that could develop fully automated surveillance systems. This program has become a big inspiration for engineering students that motivates them to combine science and engineering. The motivation is based upon the mystery that "The Hessdalen phenomena" is to science.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

ah brilliant tarifa! hessdalen! that's where it is.

thread about hessdalen

another thread

i'm sure there are many more threads about it.

one thing's for sure. it's not flares.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Flares do not have to come from planes and they don't have to be alight while ascending.
These look like flares to me. Geez I really do feel like a skeptic today, but nothing good seems to be presented since this morning. *sigh*

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

I don't know what those are, flares seem possible but with no plane, unless they were launched from the ground.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If these are Flares, then explain how they act differant to the pheonix lights, which many people and authorities said were flares, (although im sure many Pheonix residents would disagree).
I thought Flares were built on a universal principle, burn bright, burn hot, and long enough to intercept enemy missiles, The ones in this video blink in and out. So in my oppinion if these are Norways millitary flares, then i think their airforce is *$%^&+

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Hi,
The flares seen on the aircraft pics are anti missile ones,
and are accompanied with streamers and are short-lived,
the Phoenix like flares are battlefield illuminations and last longer.
The video shows neither of those.
Nearest thing the video gets to is ball-lightning,and I have seen that myself,although there is usually weather associated with ball-lightning.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Normally I am a skeptic when it comes to UFO footage and I also thought that these were flares until I watched the video a few more times.

Pay attention to the order of the lights and their positioning in the first set that appears. If it were an aircraft ejecting flares or chaff, the lights would appear in a linear fashion in the direction the aircraft. These appear in a group in the order of top-left, bottom-right, bottom-left, then top-right. This is not consistent with counter-measures.

I also cannot see any aircraft in the video.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Embeding the video here:

(My computer doesn't like Youtube.)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Here's the thing, I think that if this were an "alien spacecraft," with it being the middle of the day and all, you would be able to see the ship WITHIN those lights. I'm interpreting this as being four lights on four different corners of a craft. Anyway, those first four look like of odd, but that last group of them, when they're in a straight line, was definitely, in my mind, flares of some sort.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Flares, flares, flares.... yet another video on flares

btw I cant believe there is a computer out there that cant view youtube. If your computer cant view videos on youtube - Throw it away. Jeez a budy has a 39 dollar phone that can view youtube.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by alienj]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
With light cloud cover and an aircraft at high enough altitude all you would see is the flares as they are bright burning magnesium whereas the aircraft is not.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I only wish that the camera operator had shown a bit of what is at ground level, that way I could view it in the correct context. Cool footage though, and I don't think it was flares. As another poster pointed out the objects seem to have come from a central, although blurry, point.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The hysterical screams show how not-ready we'd be for contact.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Anyone else got problems viewing the original youtube link or embedded footage? Link seems to be down?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
My bet would be that they're some type of flair.

A lot better footage out there than this. Peace.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The more i look at this footage, the more it looks like as previously said "Meteor's" but i would like to go further and say Space Junk ,,, at the last second the lights seemd to have a trail and burn out.

I agree no flares......but not inteligent imo.

The start looks like a couple of objects hitting the atmospher then a cluster,,, that would have been fantastic at night!

Still intresting video

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I don't know if it was mentioned before, but this footage looks to me like reflections in a window glass. You know, point the camera at the sky (through the closed window) and turn some lights on in your room.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join