It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people can see thier house on the net?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

You can select street view in the lower left hand side of google earth menu bar.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I see my house everyday in real life. Why would I want to see it on Google depicted by a cheap outdated grainy low resolution image.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I can see my house, but i live in a cultasac (wow that doesn't sound like a real word now that i read it...) so the camera car didn't drive up it.

When i first discovered this street view thing i looked up my uncles house and i can see my cousin and his friend out in their front yard, i asked my cousin if he saw this, thinking it was funny that google captured him and he told me he remembers that day rather clearly nd there were no peopel and no cars, no one to take that picture, and yet you can see him in good detail (except his face is blurred out). Is camera car the only way they get these pics or is it via satelite as well?

Sorry for spelling errors by the way

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
I'm lucky there isnt a camera over my house. I live off the beaten path. I did see an old neighbor sitting in his car though.

I cant wait for Canada to get google Cameras I want to check on some Canadian houses.

I live in the woods. Deep in the woods and if the satellite was at the right angle it could read the tag on my car.

They don't need cameras on your light poles. That is why it is called the eye the sky.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I live in the woods too, just not too deep. Youre right about the angle though. For now I'm feeling great about no google eyes in the sky peeking at my house.

I do love using google earth to fly across the country to Detroit and other places to check out dead ancestors house from the early 1900's. Pretty cool!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I hate how its sooo blurry I cant even make out a house where I am
mind you im in northern Canada lol

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

My neighborhood has not had this done as of yet. I have tried recently but it was still only an overhead view available.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

I can see my house on the net although it is not on street view. As far as i am aware you can request removal of your house from street view if you do not wish it to be on there. The only time i would have a problem would be if or should i say when
a google live is introduced - that to me would be a total invasion of privacy.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by screamo

I think its pretty hard to see the camera car, it has the camera on the roof and a 360 degree camera so they dont stop at locations, they just drive and take the pictures.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I can see my house, and old car on google street view, doesn't bother me either. I don't understand these Brits and Greeks freaking out over it. Especially considering the Brits live in a police state.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I can see my house on street view, although it is a little grainy. It was taken around Oct-Dec 07 because the billboard advertising the sale of the house is in it. So are the swings and cubby house from the little girls that lived here before we bought the house.

When trying to zoom in the pic loses quality.

take care all
res

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by concerned190

No. The `camera car` was refused entry to our road by the people who live in it. So it did not manage to get anything.

"Wow! how did they know that the camrea car was coming or there?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nearby village phoned to inform of its presence. Our road has only one way in and same way out...............

[edit on 23/5/09 by Waitingsolong]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arsenis
reply to post by screamo

I think its pretty hard to see the camera car, it has the camera on the roof and a 360 degree camera so they dont stop at locations, they just drive and take the pictures.

It sticks out like a sore thumb. You`d have to be blind not to notice it

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
the picture is rather old, but ya, I can find my house, can also find where I work, and well, I ain't nearly as upset about your being able to see my house as the coworker should be about you seeing him standing outside the company!! they probably should be happy that the pics are so blurry, since well, if I found out that they had a pic of my kid coming out of my house or something for the world to see, I probably would be irked enough to possibly talk to a lawyer.

I like the idea of putting nice little messages on top of our roofs, since, well, they are now available via the internet for all to see...

got to think of something good to say!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join