It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people can see thier house on the net?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I was wondering how many people on this site can see thier house, their front door and backyard on google maps street view? I can see my house in GA and it zooms in and you can practically see inside my windows, but it gets fuzzy. You can view all around my house and the backyard and everything. I can see my parents house in the booneys in So CA my inlaws house in the mountains in So CA my gramdmas house in TX I can't see my grandfathers house in IL because its heavily wooded around it. I can see my best freinds house in GA. Sometimes it'll give you a pop up box to click on street view and sometimes you have to zoom all the way in and it will give you a street view after saying they dont have imagery at this zoom level.
Would this not be considered invasion of privacy?
Have a look and see if you spot your house on the net.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
No. The `camera car` was refused entry to our road by the people who live in it. So it did not manage to get anything.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The pics are so old of my area, that you can see my house being built,lol
I do not even show up on zillow, or msn maps. I thought I was invisible until the census lady came.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by amatrine]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

No. The `camera car` was refused entry to our road by the people who live in it. So it did not manage to get anything.

Wow! how did they know that the camrea car was coming or there?

The pics are so old of my area, that you can see my house being built,lol

The pics of my house are about a year old. Have not seen the census people here yet but I also don't know if they have been here already I never received anything stating they have but who knows.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by concerned190
I was wondering how many people on this site can see thier house, their front door and backyard on google maps street view? I can see my house in GA and it zooms in and you can practically see inside my windows, but it gets fuzzy. You can view all around my house and the backyard and everything. I can see my parents house in the booneys in So CA my inlaws house in the mountains in So CA my gramdmas house in TX I can't see my grandfathers house in IL because its heavily wooded around it. I can see my best freinds house in GA. Sometimes it'll give you a pop up box to click on street view and sometimes you have to zoom all the way in and it will give you a street view after saying they dont have imagery at this zoom level.
Would this not be considered invasion of privacy?
Have a look and see if you spot your house on the net.

Hey, I have never tried to use this. But when I googled, "google maps street views" all I can see is the sat images and such, how do I access actual street views?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Nope. The current googlemaps has a big cloud strategically obscuring my house from view. I had to pay extra for that.

There are no street views for this country. If my house ever comes into view, I'm probably going to paint something on it....... but what.....?

Hell No, NWO? ATS4EVER? I'll have to ponder that, along with all my other ponderings

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yep, I can see my house but the closer I get the more blurry it becomes and it's a very old pic of my area. If it were any clearer it would completely be an invasion of privacy. This is already pushing it in my opinion.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Oh google maps, thought you were talking about google earth. I never googled myself on google maps, but since MSN maps says I not exist, Fed x says I do not exist, I guess I do not,lol

Ama

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

just google your address then click on maps and it should take you right there.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Yup, I can see my house both on maps and streetview! The only problem is they are both out of focus - Thank god!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
If it can be seen from a public road it is in no way a violation of privacy because normal folks can see the same thing walking by. I tried to view my location via street view but the camera car didn't quite make it far enough to get a view of my place and the sky view is pretty grainy.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakenAware

Its pushing it alright, it gets blurry for me too but still, its like your standing right in front of my house and you can zoom in closer and you can go from one side right to the other like your walking back and fourth in front of my home. MY HOME. with my loved ones in it. freaky.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Greetings king9072,

Another way you can view from the street, that is if it's available, is when you are as zoomed as far as possible and you click the mouse a few times, it usually goes into street view.

So far where I live, doesn't have street view, but I'm sure this will change soon enough. It's weird when you zoom down in a downtown street, they keep the people in the images. Does give you the creeps, but if you happen to be on that image, I guess it can be slightly amusing, especially if it's a bad shot.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is the first time I've used the "street view" function; it's disconcerting to find the sea of little camera icons covering the city. The camera car (is that what you call it?) actually parked right at the curb in front of my house to take the picture of our street. The good news: you can't see enough detail to make out anything that isn't already available through other means.

A home in the country is so far out of the way that it hasn't been mapped. In fact, only a few locations within 30km of it appear on Google Earth, and then only blurry aerial views. I don't know if this is good or bad: we aren't surrounded by notable locations that might help obscure us, instead sticking out like a sore thumb amidst the trees and vacant land.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I missed it!

I always wanted to see the car that takes the pictures but they already took pictures of my house.

I'm in GA.

I like this because I can even go to Europe.

EDIT: If you want to see the street view you can drag the golden person in the top left to the street you want to see.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by danielsil18]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by concerned190
I was wondering how many people on this site can see thier house, their front door and backyard on google maps street view?

Heck, I use Google Earth to find my keys.

Thank you NWO, for the silver lining ... wait ... where did I put it?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yeah...I can see my house....not the backyard on streets though...the pic is at least a year old...I CAN see my car at work downtown though.
See, there is the proof. I really WAS working.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I can see the street and a bunch of blurry trees. That's about it.

The post office doesnt even have my address on file. Anyone who tries to send me anything gets a "this address is not valid" response sooner or later.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I can not see any street views but when I restored my house I had the date it was built added to the roof design. I can see this from Google Earth as the characters are quite large.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm lucky there isnt a camera over my house. I live off the beaten path. I did see an old neighbor sitting in his car though.

I cant wait for Canada to get google Cameras I want to check on some Canadian houses.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join