It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its about time we put science to good use. (A small rant)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
GLOBAL WARMING...

Let’s get planting trees, Lets all flower our gardens. Better still let’s make our seas have more sea weed that’s should help that problem.
Then obviously alternative energy, we can’t go on using oil after all it will run out! We can keep our current technology we just need to change our power source. Let’s use a magnetic source to propel our electric motors! EASY!
Now for rising sea levels. We need to make machinery that can operate under the seas dig up the soil make the sea floors much deeper and the flood plains higher Expensive yes but possible!
Then we need to upgrade our space equipment protect them from the sun. Some sort of magnetic shield on board all of our space equipment.
Ok now the possible disaster scenarios are diverted we can aim for the stars!

Why is this not the human agenda?! The current human agenda is let’s make money! Let’s rip the next brother of for self gain. Crappy old species we are. We will be going the way of the dinosaur if we don’t change our ways. And only governments can lead the way as 95% of people look to our leaders for direction. (I think sheep is the word im looking for)

[edit on 19-5-2009 by theflashor]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
agreed, but its easier said than done. just like you said people are too worried about making a buck and getting one up on the next guy for us to really see things like this come to fruition. if things like thise were really part of the agenda, i am sure we would have seen for real alternative powered vehicles by now instead of the crap they keep putting out. they make the hybrids ugly as crap to boot so that nobody wants to buy them. fossil fuels generate too much income for those that are already super wealthy...and those with money like nothing more than to make more money. i think before things like this can happen, priorities have to change.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

Let’s use a magnetic source to propel our electric motors! EASY!

Since this is so easy could you please send me plans on how to create a magnetic device that produces power without the use of external sources of energy?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well many people have died or been silenced because of this sort of technology. But as you asked.

Research Nikola Tesla,

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Greetings theflashor,

Yes I do often imagine the direction and how better off our world would be if money was not the driving force of our lives. It has destroyed many lives and gets in the way of actually making our lives better. I'm optimistic that someday bettering ourselves will be more important that financial gain. It's a pipe dream I suppose but at least it's something to hope for. Personally, I think the world would literally stop spinning in shock if humanity actually used science for good instead of monetary gain and for war, especially for war.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
its a shame that all we can do is ponder and imagine what it would be like. Its not going to happen though.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Science might be put to good use, but then religion will come along with shackles and it will be to no avail.

Did I read correctly? Excavating the sea floor and building up the coastal plains? Do you have any idea about plate tectonics, how active our planet is and the affect upon the biodiversity of the sea floor (and consequently the Planet) such an act will have. Let along the diversion of funds into such a monumental project will mean that other, more realistic projects that could truly benefit the Planet would miss out.

-1 for this idea, sorry.

Oh, and science is used for good as well, try not to forget that. Like your computer? Like your hospital and its machinery?....

[edit on 19-5-2009 by aorAki]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrainPower
agreed, but its easier said than done. just like you said people are too worried about making a buck and getting one up on the next guy for us to really see things like this come to fruition. if things like thise were really part of the agenda, i am sure we would have seen for real alternative powered vehicles by now instead of the crap they keep putting out. they make the hybrids ugly as crap to boot so that nobody wants to buy them. fossil fuels generate too much income for those that are already super wealthy...and those with money like nothing more than to make more money. i think before things like this can happen, priorities have to change.

We will never have true advancement as long as profit is the driving force, on that you are 100% correct. Achievement should be rewarded but it should have limits so that we can truly advance not only technologically, but also on a more spiritual level.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by disgustedbyhumanity]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Star and Flag for you "theflashor" you have a good head on your shoulders, we need people like you at the head of our governments in order to make things right.

That magnetic motor is what the world needs to eliminate the need for gas, oil, coal and atomic bomb factories or otherwise known as atomic powerplants.

We need to start living a clean life instead of a life where the governments are powerful. The people should be NUMBER 1, not the governments.

Somehow the politicians have forgotten about the people, I say take care of the people and dismantle the governments, there are too many people in our governments blocking all of the good stuff from the people.

Politicians want to tax everything and keep everybody from having free energy. One of these days people will know how to obtain free energy as in the magnetic motor you showed us that exists and then the people will be free to travel and to forget about governments and their BS.

Good thinking and good video my friend.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The main thing that needs to change is the way in which we view life, we are too grounded in religious believes and governmental rules and regulations. Its time we start looking at the people as a species as a single race and only then we can look forward. Because only then we will see life for what it is, and only then our priorities will change and turn from money making to evolving.

Just my thoughts

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
Science might be put to good use, but then religion will come along with shackles and it will be to no avail.

Did I read correctly? Excavating the sea floor and building up the coastal plains? Do you have any idea about plate tectonics, how active our planet is and the affect upon the biodiversity of the sea floor (and consequently the Planet) such an act will have. Let along the diversion of funds into such a monumental project will mean that other, more realistic projects that could truly benefit the Planet would miss out.

-1 for this idea, sorry.

Oh, and science is used for good as well, try not to forget that. Like your computer? Like your hospital and its machinery?....

[edit on 19-5-2009 by aorAki]

hmm do you realize that this is already done in rivers etc, I’m just talking about bigger machinery that can move more soil. What are you going on about plate tectonics; I’m not talking about digging miles underground but maybe 15 meters. Which will give all coastal areas a Approx 15.5 meter safety barrier against the rising sea levels? Yes I know it’s a BIG Expensive project, but it is something WE should be doing. We are talking life and death. After all we will loose much more if our cities go under water, 100s of years of work in water. Nope that’s not how I want to see our future, because if we don’t do something we will be battling plague and malnutrition. Have you got any better ideas if so go ahead. The only other option is making a HUGE FREEZER in the polar regions. That will stop the sea levels rising,. LoL like that’s viable though!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by theflashor

hmm do you realize that this is already done in rivers etc, I’m just talking about bigger machinery that can move more soil. What are you going on about plate tectonics; I’m not talking about digging miles underground but maybe 15 meters. Which will give all coastal areas a Approx 15.5 meter safety barrier against the rising sea levels? Yes I know it’s a BIG Expensive project, but it is something WE should be doing. We are talking life and death. After all we will loose much more if our cities go under water, 100s of years of work in water. Nope that’s not how I want to see our future, because if we don’t do something we will be battling plague and malnutrition. Have you got any better ideas if so go ahead. The only other option is making a HUGE FREEZER in the polar regions. That will stop the sea levels rising,. LoL like that’s viable though!

Yes, I realise that rivers are dredged, but the base level of rivers is higher than the sea floor, which is where a lot of sediment ends up, thus this would be an ongoing and extremely (prohibitively) expensive exercise due to access etc.
Plate tectonics plays a part becuase if you have a large earthquake that raises (or lowers) the base level all the work will have been for nothing.

We already are battling plague and malnutrition and I think there are a lot more realistic options for science to remedy this.....if it can ever bypass the politics that keeps this in place.

I understand your concern, but I think a dose of realism is needed.

Check out 'Eustasy'

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The sea levels are rising the same as the historical rate which started just after the last ice age, it will take hundreds of years for any noticable change to occur.

Greenland has stabilised, western Antarctica continues to melt, however this change is overly counteracted by eastern Antarctica which is expanding.

Temperatures are entirely within the range of natural variance.

Although politicians would love for global warming to be real; any changes they may create are aimed at gaining power, and taxing the people. We need an actual technology that is not suppressed which can create free (or cheap / clean) electricity though. How would a magnetic power generator work? (As opposed to our currrent magnetic generators).

atomic bomb factories or otherwise known as atomic powerplants.

Depends on type of reactor... your average Gen 3 cannot.

Nope that’s not how I want to see our future, because if we don’t do something we will be battling plague and malnutrition. Have you got any better ideas if so go ahead.

Warming periods (such as medieval warm period) have been generally beneficial to humanity.

[edit on 20/5/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

AorAki you are really reaching on your Plate Tectonics theory. The OPs opening thought about creating new land is a good idea, and your Plate Tectonics and its Too Expensive theory is not correct. The Japanese built their airport out in the ocean, and it is cost effective in an area that is ripe with earthquakes.

I can see dredging taking place in areas that would be highly cost effective in creating new land at a very cheap cost, with or without the New Magnetic Motor showed in the video. The new magnetic motor would definitely help in areas that the cold/hot temperature differential would not exist. Cold/Hot dreadging could be used that would not cost much at all; the temperature differential would be the cheap form of drive to create new land for basically the price of labor only, with the price of starting up and moving the dredge.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Third generation atomic power plants produce atomic waste that can be used to create atomic weapons, and the 4th generation atomic power plants that are being worked on will be the same.

Gobal warming is real CObzz. Actually all of the planets in our solar system are heating up right now if you check your science, the reason behind it is probably compression as we close in on the Galactic Plane. Even our Sun is now so bright that you cannot look at it with your eyes, many of us, scientists and non-scientists are making this statement.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Third generation atomic power plants produce atomic waste that can be used to create atomic weapons, and the 4th generation atomic power plants that are being worked on will be the same.

Sure they can - it is only extremely difficult as compared to say, a reactor specifically designed so.

permanent.access.gpo.gov...

Gobal warming is real CObzz.
Maybe, but is it within natural variability? Yes. And is it man made? No. Maybe I should of put anthropogenic at the end.

Actually all of the planets in our solar system are heating up right now

Sure? IIRC some were cooling.

Even our Sun is now so bright that you cannot look at it with your eyes,

Was their ever a time where it was possible to look at the sun?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Your redirects seem to be worthless, and yes there was a time when you and I and everyone else could look at the Sun and see that it was perfectly round and yellow orange looking, you could only look at it for a few seconds though.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yes i totally agree global warming is a whole load of bs. But climate change is not.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by theflashor
Yes i totally agree global warming is a whole load of bs. But climate change is not.

If you are talking Anthropogenic Global Warming then you might think you are on the right track (though personally I am sure that we are exacerbating it and the good, solid science agrees with this) and historically (deep history, using geologic time) global warming is very real. Check out the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum, or the Early Eocene Climatic Optimum as just a couple of examples.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by aorAki]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainPower

But is it really easier said than done? In our society.. yes. In reality? Nope sure isn't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join