It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help with heat rash please!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
For a number of years i have suffered with heat rash ,
not just on hot summer days but also when i go to my sons and daughter in laws and there heating is high , any ideas what i can use to stop the itching,the best thing i can find is calamine lotion ,but it doesn't do a lot of good.
I would appreciate any ideas

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hey there, Sorry to hear you have this as it can be really annoying.#
Can i ask if you have been to see a doctor? anti-histamines can sometimes help,

Also before taking any advice remember that it is what it is "Advice" And that many who reply will not be trained in medical situations,

now that's out the way

A few ideas, Make sure you use water based moisturizers as they clog up the skin less,
cornstarch- can be used to prevent the rash, Putting it on the areas that normally break out,

for the itching try some cider vinegar, Just put a teaspoon of it into a glass of distilled water and soak the areas where your skin is affected. It stops the itching and can aid in clearing up your condition

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
no official medical training here, but study a lot of naturopathic remedies.
honestly, the best thing i found is believe it or not...diaper rash cream. the kind that has zinc in it.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Big Thanks Asla for advice, i will try cider vinegar also the other things you suggest . i have visited the doctors,but was told there isn't a lot that works on heat rash.

A lso thanks to access denied,i will also try nappy rash cream as you say the one with zinc in it .

once again Big Thanks

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I know what you need.

Anti-Monkey
Butt
Powder.

No kiddin.

The product is Anti - Monkey Butt Powder.

It has talc and calamine powder. Works great for heat rash.

I know what I'm talking about.

You can get it at some Wal Marts , Tractor supply company or online.

Another thing to try if it gets real bad is benadryl spray. (not the gel) Use it at bedtime or after bathing when you won't be doing any sweating for a while. It helps directly on rashes that are blistering or weeping like poison ivy, oak or sumac.

Good luck.

Found site:
antimonkeybutt.com

[edit on 20-5-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
big thanks will go to website and see if i can get some

new topics

top topics

join