It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minnesota Boy With Cancer Vows to Resist Chemotherapy by Punching, Kicking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Minnesota Boy With Cancer Vows to Resist Chemotherapy by Punching, Kicking

www.foxnews.com

Daniel and his parents stopped chemotherapy after one treatment and opted for "alternative medicines," prompting Brown County authorities to intervene.......If chemotherapy was ordered and the family refused, Daniel would be placed in temporary custody.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So when is it the law that you have to be treated for a disease? To top it off if the parents say no then the boy will be removed from his parents? Is this the start to the government saying what is best for the American public? Will we all be put on trial if we choose not to take our fluoride and mass injections? If the boy and the parents do not want to proceed then that is their choice and they should be allowed to do so. There are major breakthroughs in alternative medicine and if they want to explore then they should be allowed. There was an article about another non chemo treatment for cancer that had to do with site injections of some material that then would wake up your body’s immune system and it would fight the cancer.

This news makes me very upset.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vodo34861

I agree with your point of view, that the government should stay out of this. If his parents and him are so stupid to believe that they can cure cancer with some alternative medicine then really the worlds a better place if his genes dont get passed down the line. I am a big fan of natural selection.

[edit on 5/19/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yip government should have no say in this matter,but its sad because this young boy will 6 foot under soon because of silly snake oil sales men disguised in religion.Oh well,his and his parents choice at the end of the day.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by Vodo34861

I agree with your point of view, that the government should stay out of this. If his parents and him are so stupid to believe that they can cure cancer with some alternative medicine then really the worlds a better place if his genes dont get passed down the line. I am a big fan of natural selection.

alternative medicine is the only way to cure cancer and make sure it never comes back. Can i call you stupid for believing radiation and pills is the only method? Because that is the most ignorant statement i've heard. Which is kind of what i expect coming on forums where most people give their uneducated opinions.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

If "alternative medicine" could be proven to cure anything it wouldnt be considered alternative. It would just be called medicine.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I will chime in on this.
While the use of traditional and alternative health systems is still up the air as to what is best to cure a disease, the ultimate question is this. Does the state have the right to dictate the religous beliefs of an individual. What I would say is that the child, who seems to be able to comprehend language needs to be set down and told exactly what is going on and what the medicines are suppose to do. As I read through the article, the child stated, he is going to go with a more natural approach in accordance with his faith.
That tells me this is his choice and he does not trust the medical system to heal him. The family, and especially this child can force this to a federal court, for the violation of his tradional beliefs, as he is half native american and thus entitled under the different treaties to have some choice. So this is going to be an interesting to follow to see the outcome.

top topics

join