It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GPS system 'close to breakdown'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by earlywatcher
reply to post by lpowell0627

It seems to me (an Independent) that the majority of liberals would embrace this change in status because they believe the US is responsible for the bulk of the problems in the world. It's a wonder that the world had any problems at all before the US came along but if they are right, poverty will be gone and causes for war will be eliminated. We will all be equal.

...BUT IF THEY ARE RIGHT...

I agree with you on most of what you said. But that's a huge IF. Further, I think there will be many years, if not entire decades, spent teaching the US a lesson, prior to all of us "becoming equal". Further, who is going to define equal? Equal to whom's standard of living?

I can appreciate the stance that Obama is simply (finally?) telling it like it is, BUT, I don't think it needs to be delivered in a manner that constantly degrades us. Willingly turning over the reigns, if you will, to another leaves us in a very vulnerable position.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Anyone using gps systems for their jobs should be trained to use maps and compasses anyway. Too much reliance on technology leads to helplessness when it fails.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Pretty much the entire trucking industry has gone "paperless" and uses GPS and computer networks to route deliveries of everything from food, to drugs, water..

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
Anyone using gps systems for their jobs should be trained to use maps and compasses anyway. Too much reliance on technology leads to helplessness when it fails.

Yeah, tell that to the cabbies in my city...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

The article uses the words 'if', 'could' and 'some', as opposed to the wording of the topic which is 'close to breakdown'.

Those things are worlds apart. Finally, the article does not say which experts it is quoting. I'm an expert armchair analysist, quote me!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

I think that the impending solar maximum is a serious threat to the woefully unshielded satellites..

Didn't that Mars probe have to be rebooted recently due to a "cosmic ray buildup?"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join