It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Presses Two-State Solution in US-Israel Talks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Obama Presses Two-State Solution in US-Israel Talks

www.truthout.org

"It is in the interests not only of the Palestinians but also the Israelis, the United States and the international community to achieve a two-state solution," Obama told reporters with Netanyahu sitting beside him in the Oval Office.

Netanyahu reiterated that he supported self-government for the Palestinians but made no mention of a state, a position underscoring a rare rift in U.S.-Israeli relations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I am happy to see that Barry is not going W's route and backing anything and everything that Israel wants. The Gaza conflict was absolutely disgusting and Israel should be held accountable for the crimes they committed. Palestine deserves to have there own state and I am very happy to the new administration taking this stand. It may just be a ploy to make the US look better in an already extremely tense middle east.

www.truthout.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

On democracy now they go more in depth stating that Netanyahu is refusing to endorse a two state solution and goes on to press Obama on Iran. article

I really wish I knew how to do content from external source but I don't so I'll quote the main parts:

"Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and President Obama also discussed Iran on Monday.

Binyamin Netanyahu: “But if Iran were to acquire nuclear weapons, it could give a nuclear umbrella to terrorists, or worse, could actually give terrorists nuclear weapons. And that would put us all in great peril. So in that context, I very much appreciate, Mr. President, your firm commitment to ensure that Iran does not develop nuclear military capability and also your statement that you’re leaving all options on the table.”

President Obama told Netanyahu that his administration may back a new set of sanctions against Iran.

President Obama: “We are engaged in a process to reach out to Iran and persuade them that it is not in their interest to pursue a nuclear weapon and that they should change course. But I assured the Prime Minister that we are not foreclosing a range of steps, including much stronger international sanctions, in assuring that Iran understands that we are serious.”

I am concerned about this situation. Israel wants to attack Iran, its very clear to see. I know that this is just preliminary talks but the wording is very strong and clear. If something does happen with Israel and Iran it could very well trigger WW111....

[edit on 19-5-2009 by iamjesusphish]

join