It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden-Addictive-Illusion-Deadly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I may be addicted to the most forbidden marvel on this Earth.

I know that I am not alone in this addiction for I see about me daily the other addicts coming in to get their regular fix. Some do this in secret and some are quite brazen; but our numbers are great.

The addiction started back as far as any known writing of man has existed and it has at some point and to some degree always been a forbidden.

It soon became clear once man consumed just a tiny bit of it that his desire for it was so great that he would give up more than his/her life to acquire more of it. They would give up the kingdom of heaven.

This object of addiction is called knowledge. This is such a mild an innocuous sounding name for such a potentially deadly thing.

Knowledge when shared was always at the benefit of those in power and in control. They only gave as much as was needed to achieve their goals. When someone attempted to acquire more than was considered safe the person was either eliminated or false information was provided.

This has not changed. Regardless to how much you think your know you don’t know anymore than what you have been allowed to know.

Is it this understanding that knowledge is an illusion that keeps us constantly looking for our next fix? Or is it something more sinister?

What is a cloud? Think about it. You will give a description based on information someone told you that you believed to be true and it was accepted as fact. But is anything “fact” or is it just an acceptance of information that was presented?

What do we really “know”?

We know only what we have been told is only a fraction of what exists and it is information that is suspect. So we continue the hunt for our next fix which leads to the next without end because even in death we are not sure if this marks an end or another beginning.

Knowledge – a curse, a gift, a truth, a lie?

Knowledge – an unknown.

Knowledge – an addiction.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Acquiring knowledge is essential in one's progression towards self-realization of the true-self.
I don't see how can knowledge be a curse or anything of a negative nature. Knowledge is at the root of everything. Without knowledge you cannot evolve or progress in life.

If your mind is ignorant so is your heart, and viceversa. Knowledge and Love are the fundamental principles of our being and the Universe at large. One complements the other.

Striving for knolwedge is the shortest path towards realization of one's self as part of the One and Infinite being.

"Knowledge protects, ignorance endangers"

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Estess

Wisdom is essential in one's progression towards self-realization of the true-self.

Knowledge is the accumulation of data that one chooses to accept as fact.

Knowledge can be altered by anyway who has the power to change it.

Destruction comes at the feet of knowledge as well as creation.

The path of progress does not always lead to a place one would want to go.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Wisdom is essential in one's progression towards self-realization of the true-self.

Knowledge and wisdom are one and the same afterall, though you would have to look at it from a higher perspective to really understand this.

Not in my case...

"Knowledge can be altered by anyone who has a higher knowledge"

"Power is the result of manipulation of knowledge"

Really? Then it means you don't really have that much knowledge afterall

The path of learning is still long my dear friend.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Estess]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Good post, thinking for yourself is a practice sorely missing these days.

this ties in nicely with my post
"Words - the power of language, as a tool"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

take a peak and let me know what you think

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estess

Knowledge and wisdom are one and the same afterall, though you would have to look at it from a higher perspective to really understand this.

Not in my case...

"Knowledge can be altered by anyone who has a higher knowledge"

"Power is the result of manipulation of knowledge"

Really? Then it means you don't really have that much knowledge afterall

The path of learning is still long my dear friend.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Estess]

Exactly!

You know nothing more than what you are told.

You can either except it or reject it.

Knowledge and wisdom are the same for you but not everyone is willing to accept that as fact.

Wisdom can be inherent and can come without knowing.

Knowledge comes with learning, perception and acceptance.

Wisdom comes from insight and the ability to judge and discern knowledge.

I hope that you do not think that I am discrediting knowledge because I am not.

In my first sentence I admitted to being a knowledge junkie.

Knowledge is a fascination for me but I know that for all that is available more is not.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm addicted to it, too. Or like Ozzy said, I'm a "junkie without an addiction." And "I Don't Wanna Stop," either, and I'm not going to.

Now that you all know I'm a fan of Ozzy's..

I don't know what it is, besides a natural process that makes you feel and experience all kinds of crazy things. Maybe it's the process of slowly becoming insane, merging with the structure of chaos and being comfortable with it. Who knows.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
Good post, thinking for yourself is a practice sorely missing these days.

this ties in nicely with my post
"Words - the power of language, as a tool"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

take a peak and let me know what you think

It is scary if you stop and really think about it.

Everything that we think we know is based on something that we have been programed to believe and accept.

What if it is all a lie?

What if somewhere else in another place people just like us are being told something completely different. What if they are programmed to believe that hot is cold and cold is hot. Or good is bad and bad is good.

Adam was given the task of naming. Maybe this why we have a desire to give everything a name. Maybe this is why we create new words almost daily in an attempt to define our world and ourselves.

The forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge taken by Eve and shared with Adam supposedly caused them to be cursed and removed from the garden.

I think the real curse was being cut off from the tree and not being able to satisfy an insatiable hunger that a single bite set into motion.

What do we really know? How much of what we know is real and what has been thought into truth?

top topics

join