It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lost cities of the sea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
hello i am back after a very long time.

i found something on google earth and i want sumone to explain them to me.

possible atlantis

i don't know how to link images so here is the directions

Latitude: 31°23'41.58"N

longitude: 24°10'9.70"W

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
double post-stupid computer

[edit on 19-5-2009 by ratcals]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
[color=olive]This has been brought up before. It certainly looks artificial to me but I have to admit this is not my area of expertise. Others suggested it is a natural formation. Seems too uniform to me for a natural formation, but like I said not my AOR.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Could be an underwater base!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
[color=olive]If so it would have to be really old. Primarily because I do not see any discernable structures. Only what appears to be a network of roads. Can anyone get a scale on how big it is?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Welcome back!
Heres the pic

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76697009c227.jpg[/atsimg]

Certianly doesn't look natural. It looks very large, about the size of South Carolina by comparison. That would indicate to me that the lines shown are miles wide.

Hmmm...

-E-

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
its an artifact from the compilation of data.
The lines represent the track the survey boats took when then imaged the sea floor.

ITS NOT REALLY THERE

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Sounds plausible, but why isn't the entire ocean floor covered with these 'tracks'?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
thanks for the replys, if u look just south of the grid you will see three mounds in a perfect line of each other...pyrimids?

and if you head east slightly there are more square shaped areas, and just south of that is a purfect curve with a mound by it.... any thoughts

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sonicX007

I'm going to reply to this with the exact same thing I've replied to it with before.

Wasn't Atlantis supposed to be circular in design? Not square?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Howdy SonicX007 and welcome back

This same topic has been covered here before. The tracks are data tracing of various sonar and other data systems. You might want to look at the scale of the image as noted by MysterE.

Good find but well explained

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks09
its an artifact from the compilation of data.
The lines represent the track the survey boats took when then imaged the sea floor.

ITS NOT REALLY THERE

Umm, no. You can't possibly be serious? If that were true there would be tons of these markings. That is indeed there and if memory serves me correct its about 3 miles underneath the ocean.

"It's not really there" lmao

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It shows the most recent digital information. Scientific data from before just a few years ago has not been retro-fitted into this system.

That said its a good example of people making stuff up based on poor misinterpreted evidence.

[edit on 19/5/09 by Hanslune]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
has anyone actuly been there and had a look?

i found out that the groves in the picture are a mile wide, maybe they are all little islands forming one large city, who said atlantis was round, could be a triangle shape or a square, point is its smack bang where plato said it wud be,sonar scans, i don't think so, if u go on goolge earth and look under the water u will notice there is slight bums in the ground.

i will do sum more research on it and while i am on it i will look for fimarly sites around the world.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonicX007
has anyone actuly been there and had a look?

Its at the bottom of the sea, duh. Not even Google itself has been there and taken a look. The ocean floor is a digital representation of the real thing, not a pixel by pixel photographic replica.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by merka]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

That's right right Merka go on and crush his world view....... : ]

Ditto on what Merka rightly said Sonic.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Google does the same with the ocean floor as they do with their land pictures.
Some pictures are up to date some are older, some come from satellite imaging, and some are more local.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

wondering how you came to this conclusion as that specific location doesn't look like anything special to me but water and a cloud shadow

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
when i say bin there, actully take a boat out and have a look, to prove me wrong.

i thought this website asked us to think outside the box then blow it up, if you can prove to me what u have said, then i will shut up.

however i have decided to actuly go out and ask a proffesional to see what he says. i am really into this stuff and proveing it all really happend would be so cool.

i am just brainstorming so leave off.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It doesn't come up in the search engine, but this picture has come up before and it's been determined that it is indeed the sonar trail of a boat.

I believe they actually found more examples that were posted in the thread.

I'm sort of familiar with it, as I enjoy reading many books that focus on finding shipwrecks, as they are usually found using sonar. and run in a grid like pattern.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join