It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble Mission [IMAGES]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I keep on posting to Boston.com but that's only because its one of the best photo blogs out there (IMHO).

Anyway, here you'll find some lovely images of the latest hubble mission.

Link Here

One image that caught my attention was:

This has been asked (and probably answered) a few times.... When we look at the space images the area of space is 'black' - i.e. no stars. The excuse I am told is the exposure time?? However, when I look at the above image and zoom right in on the visor there appears to be stars in the void of space, yet no where else? This confuses me....

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I don't know for sure but they are probably working with a lot of light, possible it's drowning out the starlight.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

Thanks for the pictures. I just put that one you had linked as my wallpaper, thanks again for these interesting pictures in this and your other thread.

And yes the starlight is not seen to well because exposure time and illumination from other closer sources.

[edit on 5/19/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysQuestion
The excuse I am told is the exposure time?? However, when I look at the above image and zoom right in on the visor there appears to be stars in the void of space, yet no where else? This confuses me....

You can't capture stars in an exposure set for sunlight, and the astronaut is definately sunlit. I don't see any stars in the astronaut's visor, only tiny scratches in the visor causing streaks in various random directions that are reflecting diffuse highlights from the sunlight. Star streaks in long exposures would overexpose this scene and appear to all be in the same direction (sharing the same shape). The only exception is due to rotation in which case they'll be concentric circles around the center of the rotational axis, neither is the case here.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by ngchunter]

new topics

top topics

join