It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science News-Fossil find may be monkey, human ancestor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

ANN ARBOR, Mich., May 18 (UPI) -- A University of Michigan professor says the discovery of a 47 million-year-old fossil may be from a primate species related to humans, apes and monkeys. Michigan paleontology Professor Philip Gingeric, who also serves as the president-elect of the Paleontological Society of the United States, said the newly discovered fossil also supports the adapid theory of evolution, The Wall Street Journal said Monday.Source

Apparently a new fossil is discovered lending credence to the evolutionist side of this age old debate.

I'm curious as to why mainstream science doesn't investigate the 3rd plausible theory:

ET- Intervention/creation on the evolution time line.

Knowing now what we do about the number of planets in the solar system, why does this line of questioning never taken seriously by either side of the debate?

Or is there a conspiratorial nature behind the lack of scientific interest in ET intervention? Funding issues from world governments perhaps?

Jim Maars offers that plausible scenario in his publications.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Swing Dangler]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing Dangler

I'm curious as to why mainstream science doesn't investigate the 3rd plausible theory:

ET- Intervention/creation on the evolution time line.

This isn't investigated because all scientists run to where the money is at. Since ETs are still considered a "pseudoscience", if someone went to look at that third line, instead of staying in the realm of accepted "scientific fact", they would lose all their credibility and funding, which to many people today is more important than discovering the truth.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Its all over the news!

news.bbc.co.uk...

The beautifully preserved remains of a 47-million-year-old, lemur-like creature have been unveiled in the US. The preservation is so good, it is possible to see the outline of its fur and even traces of its last meal. The fossil, nicknamed Ida, is claimed to be a "missing link" between today's higher primates - monkeys, apes and humans - and more distant relatives. But some independent experts, awaiting an opportunity to see the new fossil, are sceptical of the claim. And they have been critical of the hype surrounding the presentation of Ida. The fossil was launched amid great fanfare at the American Museum of Natural History in New York, by the city's mayor. Although details of the fossil have only just been published in a scientific journal - PLoS One - there is already a TV documentary and book tie-in.

It looks almost too perfect a fossil.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I just finished reading an article about ID. I really feel sad for people who fight reality and insist on living in a myth. I see no conflict between creationism and evolution. I wonder what they will do when science proves evolution. Of course I am sure the devil put that fossil there like he did the dinosaurs. Shame shame

top topics

join