It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Nazibase in Antarctica?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There are many stories about the Nazis concerning that they had a submarine base in Neu Schwabenland, part of Queen Maud land (Norway).

Personally I don´t doubt it one bit but then the story goes on that they established a base on the same spot at the end of the war wich was supposed to be a base for the Haunebu and VRIL flying discs?

There are huge amounts of material concerning the Nazis development of flying discs and experimentation with antigravity using Tesla technology and technology developed by german scientists.

In 1938, Nazi Germany sent an expedition to Antarctica with a mission to investigate sites for a possible base and to make formal claims in the name of the Third Reich. To prepare them for their mission, they invited the great polar explorer Richard E. Byrd to lecture them on what to expect. The following year, a month after hostilities had commenced in Europe, the Germans returned to Neuschwabenland to finish what had been started, with many suggesting that a base was being constructed.

Nine years later, Richard E. Byrd, who by now had become an Admiral in the United States Navy, was sent to Antarctica with the largest task force ever assembled for a polar mission. In Admiral Byrd's own words, the mission (code-named 'Highjump') was "primarily of a military nature".

Many claim that the task force was sent to eradicate a secret Nazi base in Queen Maud Land, which the Nazis had renamed Neuschwabenland and which had never been explored as profoundly as the rest of the Antarctic. But, and the big but is, the fact that Admiral Byrd spoke of "flying objects that could fly from pole to pole at incredible speeds" 2 and with well-documented German activity before, during and in the immediate aftermath of World War II, one can't help but wonder whether there is some truth in the Nazi Antarctica myth. Even so, could Operation Highjump and Byrd's quotes have overshadowed the truth about British excursions in Antarctica by way of misinformation, bringing attention to his mission and, by doing so, making sure that history only remembered one mysterious Antarctic mission?

A few years later under the cover of the international geophysical year, the United States again sent a naval task force to the Antarctic. The use of military force – including atomic weapons! – was "covered" by the ridiculous story that the USA and USSR, in a rare moment of nuclear cooperation during the height of the Cold War, were interested in seeing how much of the continent could be "recovered" for use by warming it with nuclear explosions! Accordingly, it would be necessary to explode a few small nuclear "devices" for above the continent to warm and melt the ice as a proof of concept!

As Henry Stevens aptly quips, "You already know exactly where in Antarctica they planned to explode these atomic bombs."

Three bombs were thus detonated at an altitude of approximately 300 miles above the target, one on August 27, 1958, one on August 30, 1958, and a third on September 6, 1958. [Stevens also notes that these bursts may have something to do with the "ozone hole" over the South Pole and the us government's reluctance to discuss the idea or the events that may have caused it. Additionally, perhaps it is possible that one atom bomb from each of the world's then nuclear powers, the US, the USSR, and the UK, were used.] If these bursts were indeed intended secretly against an actual target, then why so high? Stevens hypothesizes that they were to knock out any German equipment in the region by the strong electromagnetic pulse that results from a nuclear detonation. Stevens also notes that these bursts may have something to do with the "ozone hole" over the South Pole and the US government's reluctance to discuss the idea or the events that may have caused it.

Of course since this is mostly concerning military operations true facts are hard to find!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
But did the Nazis find something of great interest in Antarctica that decided that this was the premium place on earth to establish a base on an then when loosing the war in Europe find refuge here?

The German pilots visiting in 1938 extensively photographed the region, and reported mountain ranges in excess of 12,000 feet altitude, rocky crags projecting above the fields of ice. But most amazingly, they allegedly found ice-free ponds, heated geothermally, in which grew various unknown species of algae. They also discovered the southern tip of the fault line that runs from New Zealand, through Neuschwabenland, and up the Atlantic Ocean, the famous Atlantic "trench". The Germans concluded that such features might indicate the presence of rocky caverns on the continent, heated geothermally, the perfect place for a hidden base in the world's most isolated, desolate, and inaccessible wilderness.

With that said one has to concider that even if a submarine base was established by the coastlines of Neu Schwabenland, the main base could have been situated anywhere on the continent within the parameters of where the geothermic heat reaches?

If every detail is correct then the question arise...

Then what happened?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It is said admiral Byrd's task force was given unlimited funds and a timeline of approx. 4 months to complete his operation but had reported heavy casualties and had to withdraw the taskforce after only about 4 weeks. The nazis had gone to explore the Antarctic in the late 30's and was rumored to have established a large base there by mid to late 40's. They also were looking for the entrance to the alleged hollow earth. If there were nukes detonated above the antarctic I think it will have posed little threat to the base as it would be underground and even still the disc craft should be unaffected by radiation as it was fit for space travel. Admiral Byrd was also admitted to a mental insitution when he tried to disclose what had happened to the task force. I however doubt that he was mentally ill at this time, seems ironic that you would have an unstable admiral lead such an expedition. There would have been signs in the prior 4 weeks he was not stable...no one goes nuts in a mere 4 weeks unless something quite traumatic happened. Also some of the still existing video footage of the expedition shows some of the geothermal evidence that the interior of the continent is not a frozen wasteland at all.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Ellirium113]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by m4ng4n

So, if this is credible, then CFCs have nothing to do with the ozone hole and we should ignore the warnings that forced changes in refrigeration and cooling systems at consumer expense.

Have you shared this with the Sierra Club, Greenpeace and the World Wildlife Fund? Howabout the USGS and NOAA? Think they'd like to know what caused ozone depletion?

If this is not credible, why not post with caveats and qualifications?

Clive Cussler's 1999 "Atlantis Found" explores the "Nazi base" scenario quite vividly and thoroughly, with remnants of Nazi technology revived and exploited by sinister villains bent on world domination.

But, it goes even further.

Glyphs, signs and temples, scattered around the world, are tied to an ancient civilization with ties to the stars and determined to keep their secrets hidden untill an advanced-enough civilization was able to re-populate the Earth, once destroyed by a wandering, maverick celestial body that approaches Earth at millenium-spanning intervals.

Sound familiar? Sounds like the basis of dozens of ATS threads with "proof" and conjecture offered, but never supported.

Will you give Mr. Cussler the credit and attribution he deserves under copyright laws, or are you willing to run with this "hypothesis" to see how far you can go and how many "S and F" posts you can reap before it goes to sleep?

Deny ignorance.

jw

[edit on 19-5-2009 by jdub297]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
what are the results of other nuclear blast areas like in Nevada, or even Hiroshima? are there ozone holes that have persisted for over 40 years in these areas? I do not think the ozone holes are a result of nuclear blasts...just my IMO.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Or do you wear pink slippers on a daily basis?

Most people are aware of the mainstory here and this is parts taken out of it´s context and I´m not fokusing on environmental issues here.
On the same hand this is not some copyrighted material but a story based on facts, rumours and tales and since we´re in the conspiracy forum I think I got the right to speculate...

But what I am interested in is where the truth lies?
I do not know the truth about it but I´m very interested in finding it!

And looking for S&F? Look whos talking?

I´m not interested in some hunt for useless points, what am I gonna do with them? Eat them?

If you want to be a part of the serious question I´m putting forward here I´d prefer if you stick to the subject and don´t mix in other views that has nothing to do with it!

The question is pretty simple,. If there is some truth to the subject, what happened then?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I read something about Admiral Byrd not long ago, which showed that his actual diary entries had been totally mis read. He mentions nothing about Nazi bases or anything similar in his entries.

One thing that completely takes credibility away from this thread is the following

Three bombs were thus detonated at an altitude of approximately 300 miles above the target, one on August 27, 1958, one on August 30, 1958, and a third on September 6, 1958.

You do realise that 300 miles above the earth equates to 482.8 kilometres above the earth right? At that altitude, the bombs wouldve been detonated further away from the earths surface, than the international space station sits in orbit (ISS orbits at 200 miles). As far as we know, no aircraft are capable of that, let alonse 50 odd years ago, and space shuttles were not in operation then

en.wikipedia.org...'s_atmosphere

Sorry buts this is complete hogwash

[edit on 19/5/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by m4ng4n
Or do you wear pink slippers on a daily basis?

What the hell does that mean? (my daily habits aren't really your business or relevant to your "story".)
Attack the messenger. A true sign of weak ability and reasoning.

Detonation of nukes "300 miles" above the surface? Were they in orbit?
Whose planes 'flew' 300 miles high in 1958?

Craft that flew from "pole to pole?" Hogwash!

Want the truth? I didn't think so, because fairy tales are so much more interesting.

Here it is:

While there is something undoubtedly seductive about the idea of a secret Nazi base in Antarctica, in the absence of proofs for its existence one is left wondering if one might not be dealing with the literature of the absurd as represented by such works as von Daniken’s (1968)
Chariots of the Gods: unsolved mysteries of the past,
which interweave the gold of fact with the dross of speculation, invention, and misrepresentation.
The burden of proof should fall on the shoulders of those making the claims. It is not sufficient to propose an idea and then claim that the hypothesis is untestable because the evidence for it has been covered up.
"Hitler’s Antarctic base: the myth and the reality"
Colin Summerhayes, Peter Beeching
Scott Polar Research Institute, University of Cambridge, LensfieldRoad, Cambridge CB21ER Polar Record; 43(224):1–2 (2007)

www.scribd.com...

How about some authority? Some citations and references?

The "Polar Record" article, peer-reviewed and published in a scientific journal, is replete with maps, quotes, references and evidence.

I showed you mine; now show ATS yours. (Without personal attacks, if you are capable.)

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by m4ng4n
The German pilots visiting in 1938 ......discovered the southern tip of the fault line that runs from New Zealand, through Neuschwabenland, and up the Atlantic Ocean, the famous Atlantic "trench".

Whilst all plate boundaries are obviously connected, none run anywhere near the landmass of Antarctica. And knowing this statement to be false, one wonders what else is also false?

For reference, a map of the tectonic boundaries (as we know them today, but unknown in the 1930s before tectonic theory had been developed)

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Essan]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

This entire fantasy can be picked apart line by line, but do we really need to waste the time?

Anyone who wants to believe will believe. Any who want the truth will read the entire thread and move on.

jw

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Although some of the data the OP is presenting may not be accurate some of it certainly is. I have looked into this a fair bit, and perhaps a few links are needing posting to get a few people back on track here.

Antactica : a nazi base

Project Camelot : Antarctic Nazi base

Nazi expidition to the hollow earth

The legend of Neu-Schwabenland

Also check out what Peter Levenda, Jim Marrs, John Lear, Joseph P. Farrell, & Richard Hoagland have to say in the interview section of Project camelot...this will give you a good intro.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Ellirium113]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

My point wasn´t to attack your person, just to compare the relevancy with your text where you compare the subject with things not relevant to the topic.

I was expecting this debunking by several persons and to state a fact:

I DIDN´T COME UP WITH THE STORY!

Someone else did, and as I stated in the beginning there are many stories concerning the subject based on facts, rumours and tales. Which of them that tells the truth is for someone else to decide but in MY eyes there´s to much material concerning the matter to debunk the whole thing as nonsens and humbug.

I´m not a geologist but as I´ve understood from photographs said to have been taken on Antarctica everything doesn´t seem to be covered in ice so to me there´s a great possibility that the Nazis or someone else for that matter could have established a base in a more humane climate.
I´ve never been there so I can´t tell what it looks like so the only thing I can base my thoughts on is whatever material I can come over.

The Nazis had submarinebases all over the world so why not in Antarctica?

With that said you can miscredit me all you want as I´ve seen other Antarctica treads has been, some worth the effort some not.
But it seems like one can follow a thin red line in all of the treads and that´s that everytime the subject of Antarctica comes to the surface there are various persons that always try to deny it so hard that one wonders if there actually is a continent in that part of the world?

Why put so much effort to it?

And why is it so impossible to skylift a nuke in 1958 concidering that 3 americans were rocketed to the moon 11 years later with the technology of german scientists?

And if you consider that most industrial countries in the world are interested in the continent as of today, why wouldn´t the Nazis be back in the late 1930´s? What did they find interesting then that´s as interesting today?

If they did establish themselves there how come you seldom hear about some other country establishing a base there in those days?

If it´s for the case of natural resources wouldn´t it be of great interest back then when there´s a shortage of supplies?

But it seems like everytime one brings the continent to the surface it´s the lid on and loads of miscrediting of every letter by an OP?

Even my opening line was written so that it couldn´t possibly be misunderstood...

Something aint right here...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The American's did not need battle ships and destroyers and an aircraft carrier for a simple expedition. They were going to hunt down remenatns of the German army that fled there.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellirium113

Deployment of an aircraft carrier (necessary for air reconaissance) requires deployment of support craft. Did you think aircraft carriers just wander the seas unprotected?

The fact that a group of support craft accompanies an aircraft carrier on any deployment means "zero." They are always there.

Thee are no Nazis in Antarctica. Not now, not in 1960, not in 1950. (Unless they work the the U.S., U.K., Scandinavia, or Russia in their survey and science teams.)

jw

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

So the US military is complacent in allocating unlimited funds to a large battle group for a casual antarctic cruise? You offer no evidence to refute any such research done by a multitude of researchers. There may not be a "BASE" there but the fact that they went says for itself that they believed something was there, and they had sent Byrd to find it. These are the facts There is documented evidence the Nazi's had sent expeditions to the antactic in the 30's, it's a fact.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellirium113
reply to post by jdub297

You offer no evidence to refute any such research done by a multitude of researchers. ...

Give me the "research done by a multitude of researchers" and I'll show you that they are no more credible than Santa Claus.

Saying it's true doesn't make it so.

Now, you may not know that I'm clairvoyant, but I know what you are going to do next.

Cite junk. Post hearsay. Claim "common knowledge."

See, I knew it.

Show me a credible source. Be prepared, becuse I will take apart anything that is based on junk science.

See, I've made my living on cutting up posers that offer junk science as fact.

I believe there are EBEs; I've seen UFOs. But I will rail against disinfo campaigns that impugn the credibility of study and documentation of legitimately unexplained phenomena.

jw

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think there used to be and still are Nazi's in Antarctica. They have a new name now though. The Fourth Empire, or 4th Reich. Some call them Neo-Nazis. I did a thread on this subject also. Heres a link to mine. and at mine there is a link for the website i go the info from.
The Omega Files

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Quoted from David Wilcox on project Camelot site.. Antarctic Nazi Base

I also have a mysterious testimony that came in, via a colleague, from a Russian scientist who quoted a series of books that he claims all have bits and pieces of this story. The basis of the Russian’s story is that a major Lemurian base existed in Antarctica, with the species still living and working there, and the Nazis formed a pact with them during World War II. This completely correlates with what I heard. I have been sitting on this and haven’t even told you about it before, and now we see the same thing in an entirely different form.

Antarctic Nazi base : The Omega Files

CONTINUED...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The historical facts are evident. Beginning in 1838, long before the end of
the Second World War, the Nazi's commenced to send out numerous exploratory
missions to the Queen Maud region of Antarctica. A steady stream of
expeditions were reportedly sent out from [at the time] white supremacist
South Africa. Over 230,000 square miles of the frozen continent were mapped
from the air, and the Germans discovered vast regions that were
surprisingly free of ice, as well as warm water lakes and cave inlets. One
vast ice cave within the glacier was reportedly found to extend 30 miles to
a large hot-water geothermal lake deep below. Various scientific teams were
moved in to the area, including hunters, trappers, collectors and
zoologists, botanists, agriculturists, plant specialists, mycologists,
parasitologists, marine biologists, ornithologists, and many others.
Numerous divisions of the German government were involved in the top secret
project.

As the OP has stated we did not make the story up, we are curious as to what happened here but are not so blatantly close minded to the idea as to personnaly attack anyone posting. We can obviously sit here and debate the existence of this as much as we can debate the existence of GOD, We are not here for that...if you need to get proof then go find it yourself, we are here to discuss what happened after, not to provide burden of proof to skeptics.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
My guess is that the Nazis working in conjunction with the lemurians accidently uncovered the ancient pyramid complex built aeons before by the Predators. This triggered the wakening of some Aliens who wiped out both the Nazis and the Lemurians. The US Aircraft carrier was deployed to take out the Aliens - as the Aliens cannot fly then aircraft would be the obvious weapons to use against them. Presumably the operation was a success.

With Antarctica safe for humans again, it was possible to establish bases and conduct scientific research on the continent. Had the Aliens not been eliminated I'm sure such bases would not have been permitted.

Makes sense?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join