It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware of Facebook!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
We ran across something on Facebook that we found extremely interesting and disturbing.

We found that Facebook is spying on people big time and I believe building secret profiles of all users for the U.S. government. They always have quizzes and questionnaires going on and one in particular validated my hunch of what they were up to. Their quizzes and questionnaires, with their clever use of psychological profiling techniques, asks people very serious self incriminating questions in the midst of appearingly harmless and innocent questions. This information can be demanded of Facebook and used for the government's looming agenda. Be extremely carefull of the information you put on Facebook. I would leave all religious and political information of my FB profile completely.

The one that triggered the red flag with me was called 'Feeling Alive With A New 65'. It's a 65 question 'psychological profile' questionnaire asking questions that I know the government would love to know about us. I have absolutely no idea how one would feel alive answering these questions. Questions like: Do you own a gun?, Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?, Are your parents strict?, How many countries have you visited?, Have you made a prank phone call?, Do you have a cell-phone?, Who are you going to be with tonight?, What is your best friend doing tomorrow?, Do you have any tattoos?, Have you ever slapped someone?, Is your phone bill sky high?, Can you handle the truth?, Have you ever crawled through a window? and even more bizarre questions.

Upon further review of the founders, we realized that one of the owners, Chris Hughes has very close ties with Barack Obama and his presidential campaign. Even touted as the kid who put Obama in office. I believe that Facebook is being used to compile detailed psychological profiles of their users without their knowledge for use by the federal government and more specifically, Barack. This is a clever way to 'harmlessly' get critical information from millions of US citizens without them even realizing what is going on. The same way that millions of people are being robbed of their 'old' gold, platinum and silver without them even realizing it from these bootleg Gold purchasing services.

Then again, maybe it's just me. But I doubt it

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lyyhtsource

I am on Facebook quite frequently however, I never comlete any of them quizzes etc and tend only to use it to keep in touch with some of my longer distance friends or one's I ony see rarely.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
You do know that many of the facebook applications are added by facebook users right? Specially the quizzes and surveys. And i kinda noticed that this was just directed at facebook...and why not myspace and the other social networking sites? I also noticed that you hinted on going on an Obama rant...why not mention that myspace is owned by News Corp...so in essence it's owned by Rupert Murdoch, so that must totally mean that Bush was using myspace to gain access to information on every citizen on it!
You know, there's a reason why them call them social networks, so you can socialize.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well you'll fit in this site nicely. ATS should create a forum called "FACEBOOK - govt spy database". The almighty govt which already knows everything about me it wants to know including possibly wire tapping my phones, checking my E-mails, looking up all my IRS and financial records, and probably spying on me right now as I type on ATS, is going to use Facebook? Am I the only one who realizes how ridiculous that sounds? But hey I just posted some pictures of my daughters 2 years old birthday party so my family members that live in other states can see it. Oh noes the govt has that data now too! Nevermind they aleady have her birth certificate, social security ID, medical records, etc.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I see where you are going with this. It very well could be true. The government is obviously trying to find out who is against their agenda so they can quarantine us.

Rupert Murdoch does own Fox News and MySpace but he has never used his media outlets to promote a certain candidate, unlike MSNBC and their campaign for Obama.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

So shocking that you canceled your Facebook subscription no doubt?

IRM

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Call me crazy...but if "the government" really wanted to know how we felt and what we're all thinking, all they'd have to do is create an ATS profile! Hundreds of pages of enlightened citizens gathering in one place to discuss the Man's lastest blunders and pitch in our two cents about what the world really is and where it's going. If there were going to be any real spying going on, do you really think it'd be through FB? My own father has a FB-profile...and he can't even spell bologna. Lotta good it'd do to spy on FB.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Common sense would tell us to not put anything incriminating anywhere, but... Humans are inherently stupid.

I was at a court case with someone I know just a couple weeks ago.

The prosecutor had the entire contents of his Facebook AND Myspace printed out, to use against him.

It's no Conspiracy Theory....

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well if you youtube facebook you find an interesting video about facebook and how it is a data mining place and also funded by the CIA for information gathering ...well just youtube and you will see for yourself. Also interesting is that you can never cancel your account. YOu can only delete all your friends take down your photos etc but your name will still be there and your account can be reactivated anytime.
Also on facebook if you search CIA there is a group that puts out what the CIA does with facebook.
And its practices ...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I agree with the OP here. I think facebook is a tool that is being used to profile everyone on it. Dont forget, the majority of students use it, stay in touch with family/friends etc....you can find out so much about a person on facebook.

Try reading the small print

www.broadstuff.com...

Heres some useful links

www.nzherald.co.nz...

www.albumoftheday.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I too think that facebook does more with your information then you think. It was not long ago that FB was criticised because it cencors instant messaging ! In my eyes this is cencorship of free speech ( digital or not, it is free speech ).

The other thing I would like to refer to is an article that appeared about 2 years ago ( can`t find it now, it was in a Belgian newspaper ).
It was about a couple of students from a Belgian university that had copied the complete facebook web files and placed them on a webserver of their own. This was done to investigate if data was being sent between facebook and other websites or databases, they found out, it did !

When running on their server they could check all the connections going in and out. They monitored this when they performed certain actions. Many tests showed that facebook saves a lot of unnecessary data in databases and that it actually sends some to other websites...

I deleted my facebook account that very same day, it was then that I also found out that you have to email the web administrator to permanently delete your profile. If you do not, you can`t access the profile no more, but they keep it just in case you want to re-activate it

Btw, I`m Belgian, so spelling errors can occur...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

You are in fact correct here, and here is a little bit deeper into the "rabbit hole".

I did this thread on the topic of the White House having a Facebook account.

The White House on Facebook : Care To Share Directly With Obama?

No Place To Hide is an excellent source for some deeper information on the topic and they mention Facebook as well.

I highly suggest people purchase this book in order to learn how to do more in depth research.

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Private Investigating

Go here and check it out.

Eye of Providence

You will notice this as a sublink within it.

Information Awareness Office

It mentions this organization here which was shut down because it was found to be unconstitutional, and John Poindexter who was connected to Oliver North was connected to it.

Terrorism Information Awareness

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
And the REALLY sad part is, people will answer these questions because they are told there's no harm in answering and it's ,like really cool to be on Facebook and post all your personal information on there because other people do it.

BAAA BAAA BAAAA!!!!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
You know what...

Just don't fill in the questionairs! If you are that paranoid about being under the government eye then cancel your subscription! You have no reason to be a threat to the government and they don't want to know what you are having for tea...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
the op is completly wright,i completely agree,most of the questionaires probably gather info about you

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

you're kidding right? Rupert Murdoch has never used any of his news networks to sway an election? What do you think they did back in '04 with Fox News constantly trashing Kerry through their pundits? How about during this election? Did you ever hear half of the garbage Hannity spewed out of his pie hole about Obama being some sort of terrorist sympathizer and Un-American? Or how about Murdoch throwing in his personal support behind Tony Blair, thus giving the Labour party control of the British Parliament. This guy constantly mixes politics and surrounds himself with prominent neo-cons such as Bill Kristol, not to mention that his Fox News took talking points directly from the Bush White House. I'm not denying that msnbc isn't biased, but if you look back at the election, there wasn't an overwhelming Obama consensus until Obama won the Democratic nomination...they did so to attract viewers and ratings, that's all any of the msm outlets ever care about.

But that's not the topic we're discussing here...
I was talking to a friend of mine, and he brought up an interesting point; If there's a massive world-wide conspiracy, or any kind of maniacal federal government conspiracy, it's so big you really can't ever fight it. If these people are argued to have control over everything, what can any of us do about it?--- Think about it, just because you don't have a Facebook or a MySpace, you really don't think these people don't have a dossier on you? I bet most of you pay taxes, pay bills, do online shopping, talk on the phone, surf the web. All of these are much more helpful in gathering up personal information, and heck, they even check to see what threads you're posting on here.

Do you really think it makes a difference if they know "what kind of a flirt" you are, or what your "top 5 items you never leave your house without" are? Or how about "what are your all-time favorite movies". All of that information is irrelevant, i mean what are they going to do with this information? Throw all the Trekkies into concentration camps? If you really think about it, all of this is an inevitability of technological age we live in. What do you expect in an age when with a touch of a button, the gov could easily pull your records off your bank's website to figure out what your first's pets' name was? Privacy?

If you're so concerned about keeping your information clear from prying government eyes, i suggest you unplug you're computer, turn off your cell phones, and go live under a rock.

[edit on 5/19/2009 by Daedalus24]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I just Twittered all over my girlfriend's Facebook and told her to get out of MySpace. She didn't seem to have a problem with it.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I worry about kids unknowingly ratting out there parents like in Nazi Germany. Do you have a gun, do you stock up on food, do you grow a garden, do you hang a flag outside, did you vote for Obama. That’s pretty scary.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
There is a bad side and a good side to FB.

The good side is that many friends have awakened. You can post awareness of situations, youtube videos, join groups and your friends get to see it. They become curious and want to know more. It can be a good platform to spread information.

The bad side is that FB can be used against you, they have all your info etc. Why is it that anything that makes their millions from the people, go against the people and always join the darkside.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If you don't want the government to know something about you....don't put it onto a public forum.

Its a pretty simple concept, really.

I get tired of people pretending to be offended and outraged that the government could possibly find out information about them that they are freely disseminating into the public record.

It is one thing for the government to wiretap an individual or go through their trash...it is a complete other thing when the government finds out things about you that your friends, friends of friends, and friends of friends of friends of friends(complete strangers) can freely find out with a few clicks of a mouse.

Oh my God...! The government knows that the Marvel Superhero/Villain that I most associate with according to a 10 question quiz is the Silver Surfer....and that if the world was overrun by zombies, the top 5 people I would want to help me save the world would be Ash(Evil Dead), Obe Wan Kenobi, Mr T, Yoda and Dr. Who...or that to back me up in a bar fight, I'd choose Hannibal Lecter, Christopher Walken, Vladimir Putin, Vinnie Jone and Derren Brown...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join