It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I destroy Tornados - Destroying Tornadoes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Destroying Tornadoes

Considering the billions of $ cost of tornadoes destroying towns/houses every year I find it remarkable that no one has bothered to work out a way to destroy or stop these tornadoes.

Tornadoes need to have a definite air/wind flow pattern for it to persist and disrupting that pattern would cause the tornado to collapse.

My ideas are to use:-

high power directional sonic waves from concert sized loudspeakers with a particular disrupting frequency.Similar to sonic waves destroying tumblers.

fire lasers of a certain frequency at certain points which would disrupt the flow pattern by creating local instabilities and causing it to collapse.

fire explosive charges.such as air fuel mixtures or even try conventional explosives such as tank shells or multiple rockets into the centre of the tornado

fire narrow beam microwaves at selected areas.i.e radar dish type.

it is quite easy to create artificial tornadoes in liquids and therefore the above ideas ca be tested easily in the lab or in someone's garage.

The device would be mounted on the back of a truck and dispatched to tornado prone areas to destroy tornadoes which approach towns and houses.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
First create a devise that can find a tornado before it touches down, and then a devise that can predict its track, then repost this thread, then finally you can create a tornado killer.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by raj9721

Actually there already is a system in place to predict tornadoes, or at least if conditions are favorable. Only about five minutes out though. It's called the NEXRAD, or as your local weather people call "Super Doppler".

The problem is deploying the vehicle in time, but I've often wondered if this wouldn't be possible as well.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

Far-fetched but hey, I love Sci Fi:
How about a space-based platform, if you manage suitable a suitable laser Tornado Buster?
From a geosynchronous location over North America you could target Tornado Alley with precision.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hmmm... your anti tornado weapon sounds suspiciously like those used on the backs of trucks in "Earth vs The Flying Saucers".

Good luck with it mate! Perhaps we can bring down some ET's at the same time eh!

IRM

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

I don't think it's really that farfetched. I'm not saying it's possible, but worthy of consideration. This is not my area of expertise but I do know it is possible to break glass by emitting sound waves at a high enough frequency. So why couldn't use the same principle to disrupt the cohesion of things like tornadoes?

[edit on 19-5-2009 by ratcals]

[edit on 19-5-2009 by ratcals]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Why does it have to be truck mounted why not on an airplane and keep a few planes in all the tornado states. A good sized explosion at the top of the the tornado should do it.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

No, I mean't my idea was far-fetched .... the satellite laser idea.

Here is a link to sound weapons breaking up hail in Southern California and around the world:

Hail Control Guns

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Oh, roger that. But seriously, you idea could be plausible too.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

You are totally onto something. I have tried the sonic version of your theory and it works. There was a tornado barreling toward my neighborhood and I was desperate to save my home. All I had was some huge amps from my band and the sound system. So I hooked up my CD player to the sound board and blasted (on 11 no less) Black Sabbath's War Pigs. As you may know it begins with air raid sirens much like the tornado sirens. This in fact made the tornado to begin to retreat from its direct path toward my house. Then as Ozzy's voice began to scream "Generals gathered in their massesssssssss, just like witches at black massssessss!" the tornado shriveled up like a certain part of an old mans anatomy as he jumped into and ice cold lake. It was amazing.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
[color=olive]Thus ending any serious discussion on this idea.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
daisy-cutter bombs dropped from b-2's into a tornado might be interesting to attempt. it would be expensive to keep a plane up there waiting to respond to a tornado... or one on the ground prepped to respond.

at least a fleet of planes covering hundreds of square miles or scramble a squad to respond to a sighting... still, the chances of a squad being able to intercept a tornado are slim... and who wants bombs exploding 2000 feet over their homes?

one mishap, and forget it.

and forget about ground vehicles, at least jets would have a remote chance of interception and at least fly above the vortices away from from danger...

the expense would outweigh the benefits at any rate. but for research? might be worth a go.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
A thought occurred to me:

We are actively discussing weather modification, but when the government does it, we are highly incensed.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
What have tomatoes ever done to you?

I mean are you against lycopine or something? Shesh oh Pete! I never thought I would see the day that poor innocent tomatoes were targeted like this.

Wha?

Tornados not tomatoes?

Oops sorry my bad.

How about huge mobile fans blowing in the opposite direction of the funnel cloud?

Drive one in, turn it on and disrupt the airflow that way.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I think Trever Howard Constable would have a clue about this. However, tornadoes are a very natural part of the world. The better issue is why have building been built out of sticks for so long? It is absolutely not cost effective to build houses out of sticks. It is yet another layer of conspiracy. Complex framing, layer upon layer of material. Very specialty and labor intensive. There are better options both from an environmental disaster point of view as well as quality of living, cost etc.. Monolithic Comes being one approach.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
There are solutions out there that seem to include some of what the OP is talking about:

www.popsci.com...

Recent research indicates that in order to form, a tornado needs both a cold, rainy downdraft and a warm updraft. To stop a tornado from forming, just heat this cold downdraft until it's cold no longer. And how would one do this, you ask? Simple: Blast it with beams of microwaves from a fleet of satellites. The satellites would collect solar energy, transform it into microwaves, and send a beam down to Earth. The beams would be focused on cold downdrafts, heating them like last night's leftovers. The European Space Agency has funded initial studies on building this type of satellite, though it hopes to use the satellites as high-altitude solar-power stations, not as weather modifiers.

The link has some scary scenario's, honestly, such as putting a thin layer of oil over our oceans to slow down a hurricane.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
What about researching the electrical properties of tornadoes followed by the deveolpment of a device based on the data.

Maybe find a way to unplug tornadoes??

-Dev

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

This is what i believe would be the best course of action. I am a proponent of plasma cosmology, however.

The thing we need to study and differentiate is the cause and effect relationship of electricity and weather phenomenon. Currently, beliefs holds that electricity is caused by the storm, as opposed to being a causative factor in the storm itself.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Well, the electric universe theory is precisely the motivation for posting. If we can find where the electircal switch is, just turn it off.....

Easier said than done, of course....

-Dev

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'm not convinced that a tornado protection program that covers an area vulnerable to tornadoes would give it's money's worth in saved lives and property.

It would probably be more cost effective to use the money to protect vulnerable areas from floods with better levees, or something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join