It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught On Tape: Cops Subdue Teen, Family Alleges Brutality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I have zero respect for The Law since it's legal to gain millions through 'fees' with big financial institutions but illegal to steal a loaf of bread at Walmart to feed your laid off, evicted family now living in a tent city. It's OK for banks to get billions in bailout money but don't you dare think about defaulting on your mortgage this month!

Therefore, imho, all cops need to be extra careful when they apply 'the firm arm of the Law' unto poor citizenry, especially when dealing with kids.
Don't know about most of the details (I haven't yet read all posts) but this is my first impression.

"Well the kid was selling drugs and being disobedient"

And this is worse compared to the general and 'legal' conduct of mayor multinational corporations how, exactly? Big Pharma? Military Industrial Complex?

They sell more drugs and murder than all street thugs combined.

Edit to fix typo...

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Psynarchist]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If he did in fact swing at an officer, his parents can try and scream foul to the courts, but they will lose. Any arrest falls under the Police “Use of Force” Matrix, pretty much all forces have one, and they are all pretty much the same.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d343482c412.jpg[/atsimg]
Under the “Use of Force” Matrix, swinging at an officer is considered “Aggressive Physical Resistance” and allows officers to do the following:

Restraining Devices, Transporters, Takedowns, Pain Compliance, Counter moves, Intermediate Weapons, and Incapacitation.

Aggressive Physical Resistance is only one step below Aggravated Physical Resistance, which allows Deadly Force.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
Next time you guys talk about a video think you can post it? Youre all talking about a video I cant even locate on this thread. Talk about a waste of my mental ability reading this whole thing only to figure out I need to google it.

Waste of mental ability is right...bro, there's 3 links in the OP, every video isn't gonna be embedded. =)

Defcon, thank you for posting that, and your absolutely right, if the officers go to court they will most likely win, as usual.

[edit on 5/20/2009 by JKersteJr]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join