It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught On Tape: Cops Subdue Teen, Family Alleges Brutality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Caught On Tape: Cops Subdue Teen, Family Alleges Brutality

www.witn.com

You can see Casey being held in a head lock, with one of the officers covering the teen's mouth with his hand.

The officer removes his hand, and you can see Casey's mouth and face are covered in blood.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
abclocal.go.com

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 5/19/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
That's totally disgusting.

I'm completely disgusted. How low does it go?

At least that guy at the Fruitvale Bart Station, they spared him the torture and just shot him.

This is nasty. The video is just plain gross. And a 14-year old. These folks don't have morals. Forget the human rights thing in America. They beat the kid like Guantanamo.

www.witn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 5/19/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I had to watch it on youtube, the video onthe article didn't work.

The version I saw did NOT show what lead up to this. And I love the way they say "14 year old teen". Sounds so innocent. Yeah that teen looks like he weighs a good 200 lbs, and statistics show those sweet "teens" are more likely to kill than 30 year old grown men. Those cops looked quite calm to me.

I don't have any sympathy. Perhaps this "teen" learned a lesson and then next time the cops tell him to "move alone" he will do so. Apparently his mama never taught him discipline, the rest of the world can.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
As much as this video entices to enrage me, there are many unanswered questions that must be known before we can berate the police. The video starts with showing the teen in a choke hold bleeding from several places on his face. There is no description or hint to what landed this teen in this perdicament.

With that said, I am sure it is not procedure to choke a detainee until they are unconcious. The kid couldn't even stand up after being cuffed. No matter what the kid did, the beating he took was excessive.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I wish we had video from the start of this. Not sure if it's brutality or not.

Sounds like he swung on a cop which automatically gets you a beat down.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hmm lets see he was loitering on a porch and not moving on when ordered, he's already on probation. He breaks away from the police as they are cuffing him and swings the one cuffed arm hitting a police officer in the chest with the cuff.

Yeah I think I got all the facts. It's called assault on a police officer and it's against the law. Seems to me the cops were justified and it was self-defense are their part. Ever been hit by a swinging handcuff? They can do serious damage.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Maybe if the kid was in front of your house selling drugs to your kids, you might have a change of heart. It's not like he was selling boy scout cookies.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
Hmm lets see he was loitering on a porch and not moving on when ordered, he's already on probation. He breaks away from the police as they are cuffing him and swings the one cuffed arm hitting a police officer in the chest with the cuff.

Yeah I think I got all the facts. It's called assault on a police officer and it's against the law. Seems to me the cops were justified and it was self-defense are their part. Ever been hit by a swinging handcuff? They can do serious damage.

I didn't see any blood on any cops.

Doing something against the law doesn't bring with it an excessive extra judicial beating.

If it was a white American, would you feel different? Never mind, don't answer that question, because when it happens I'll u2u both responses to you so that you can see the differences in opinion.

I'm surprised at the responses that you get on a "conspiracy" site. If this is the case, we're doomed. We'll never figure anything out about anything. We'll just keep letting them do their "Investigation" where they "find out what really happened". Unfortunately, "what really happpened" is not what actually happened.

Oh, well. I tried.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
Maybe if the kid was in front of your house selling drugs to your kids, you might have a change of heart. It's not like he was selling boy scout cookies.

Did they find drugs on him?? No.

So where is the rationale here? Is this an automated disinfo crew post?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
I'm surprised at the responses that you get on a "conspiracy" site. If this is the case, we're doomed. We'll never figure anything out about anything. We'll just keep letting them do their "Investigation" where they "find out what really happened". Unfortunately, "what really happpened" is not what actually happened.
Oh, well. I tried.

What, you expected that a video showing only a one sided view of such a topic in a site like ATS will suddenly garnish thousands of people screaming down the police and denouncing the law?!

While many people on here have some far out views and while I certainly don't agree with a great many of them, the majority *are* intelligent and will question everything; from the sources of the info, to the poster, to every minute detail of the topic. Most people here will not take something at face value without it standing up to strong arguements and a heavy critique.

And that's a very good thing.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

That's not sufficient, as I included a link to the video on cnn under "Related News Links".

I don't know what they're doing in Atlanta, but as I've mentioned to you in the past, some of your posts lack racial transparency, and I don't know what would cause folks to think like that, but I hope that it is reversible.

When I see people that possibly I could influence, I surely make an attempt. So, please, refrain from making quick judgements of people that differ visually.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I am sorry but I cannot say without a shadow of a doubt that this was excessive force on behalf of the police. I only see the aftermath. I would need to see video of what happened before the point they began filming.

I hope the cops were using good judgement as excessive force or brutality does not help thier cause on gaining respect. Since we do not yet have video of what occured before we have to consider the possability that the "teen" did attack police officers and they re-acted as any cop should. However, if the cops were in the wrong I do hope they lose thier badge.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I didn't see any blood on any cops.

And???????????????

If it was a white American, would you feel different? Never mind, don't answer that question, because when it happens I'll u2u both responses to you so that you can see the differences in opinion.

Nice Strawman *knock knock* Al Sharpton is that you? I mean that the kind of racial pandering we get from him so sorry If I was briefly confused. Really now, you are going to have to do better than that.

I'm surprised at the responses that you get on a "conspiracy" site. If this is the case, we're doomed. We'll never figure anything out about anything.

Exactly we are a conspiracy site, but that does not mean we have to buy into your thesis or accept YOUR expalantions of events. Or hystericaly knee jerk simply because you raise the specter of racism or police brutality

We'll just keep letting them do their "Investigation" where they "find out what really happened". Unfortunately, "what really happpened" is not what actually happened.

Based on your statements It sounds like you were there as a witness? Do you have first hand knowledge of the event? Have you seen the police report, or perhaps have you fallen victem to overhyped propaganda which may or may not be true. Its funny you basically imply others are being narrow minded yet have you looked into the mirror?

As noted, we do not know what occured before the much hyped films were released.

[edit on 5/19/09 by FredT]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

So, please, refrain from making quick judgements of people that differ visually.

...because you are apparently the only one allowed to?

This kid was told to move along, didn't... gave the cops a ration of what my grandma would've called sass... swung on the cops... got subdued... and to top off his list of accomplishments, he's on parole (for being an innocent angel, no doubt...), and the cops are suddenly the bad guys?

So who's leaping to judgement here?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I don't know what they're doing in Atlanta, but as I've mentioned to you in the past, some of your posts lack racial transparency, and I don't know what would cause folks to think like that, but I hope that it is reversible.

What's going on in Atlanta? Well for starters "teens" frequently kill innocent people here. "Teens" are known to be quite dangerous.

As far as "racial transparancy". Not sure what that was supposed to mean, but I think my views/opinions are pretty obvious, and they are intended to be. No apologies for speaking what I see as the truth.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I live in Toledo, Ohio which is where this inncident occured, while I haven't had any personal run-ins w/ TPD, a few of my friends had guns pointed at them, been unlawfully searched while while walking to the corner store, etc. I don't hang around with criminals yet my harmless good intentioned friends were treated like they were anyway.

So TPD does have a reputation for taking it too far, having said that I won't completely pass judgement until I know what happened before the camera started rolling.

However, why was he told to get off the porch, was he doing somethng wrong or did the officers instigate a fight knowing how he would react? He didn't have any weapons or drugs, and he may have took a swing at one of the officers, which is just dumb.

Regardless, In my mind nothing (short of having a weapon) can warrant 2 250lb cops "subduing" a 14 yr old 120lb (NOT 200lb) kid in the manner they did. Is beating a suspects face then literally choking him out standard protocol? I think not.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
A side note, this Officer Dave who is choking out Trevor in the video, is the very same officer that harassed and berated my buddy in one of the incidents mentioned above.

As I said, I'll hold off my accusations until all the facts are out but for the time being IMO, it appears the cops crossed a line w/ their actions.

I really hate to bring race into the fold but growing up in a predominantly black neighborhood (I'm white) I feel confident in saying I honestly think it would be a whole different scenario had Trevor been white.

I really don't have a natural bias against cops, but I assure you, TPD gives us here in Toledo plenty of reason to be angry or scared. Finally I thought I would put it out there that the city just a few weeks ago laid off 150+ cops to help balance our budget, perhaps the recent stress on the officers manifested itself in the form of police brutality...just suggesting.

[edit on 5/19/2009 by JKersteJr]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Next time you guys talk about a video think you can post it? Youre all talking about a video I cant even locate on this thread. Talk about a waste of my mental ability reading this whole thing only to figure out I need to google it.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Just another example of a systemic problem with our police forces around the ENTIRE country. This kind of violence against the citizenry is often institutional and recurring, and if they're not careful with their actions the police may soon have to deal with massive backlash.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The kid got what he deserved.

So what if he had a little blood coming from his mouth or nose. Doesn't take that much force to give you a bloody nose or lip.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join