It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure: Lord Phillips of Sudbury, BBC Radio Two

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
While discussing humming noises heard by some people Lord Phillips of Sudbury was interviewed concerning his experience of such a humming noise late one night. In the course of the discussion he said: "Its turns out it was two UFOs landing on the water meadow."!

The interviewer asked, half laughing, was he serious and he said he was. Lord Phillips then went on to connect it to a 17th Century story concerning the same town of Sudbury.

It can be heard after the show (in about an hour from now) on the listen again service of the BBC - its about 40 minutes into today's show.

It was such a matter of fact statement from an establishment figure, and a guy who worked on this radio show's immediate predecessor, that I thought it was worth bringing to everyone's attention. The Jeremy Vine show is a national radio show listened to by a million plus people daily.

Wiki - Lord Phillips of Sudbury

Edit: Source UPDATED below

[edit on 19/5/09/ by Supercertari]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I went to 40 minutes into the show on the listen feature at the link you gave and can't find the interview at all, nevermind this comment. You can't be a bit more specific can you? Cheers.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Malcram]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

At the moment the show is still on so it's "live", the Listen Again of the full show will be available in about half an hour and I'll update the link then and transcribe the portion here properly.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari

Ah thanks. I see where I went wrong now, the 'Listen" button is still taking us to yesterdays show. I'll try again later.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It's now online, article regarding "the hum".

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
BBC Radio 2, Jeremy Vine Show, 19th May

Lord Phillips appears at 44 minutes describing the hum.

At 45.24 -
Lord Phillips: "In the end it's quite clear that it was a pair of flying saucers that landed on our wonderful water meadows."
Vine: "Ha! So that's what you think is it..."
Lord Phillips: "There's no doubt about it"

top topics

join