It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Technology Hates Me?

page: 1

log in


posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:57 AM
Anyone else here experience instances where electronic devises do not work properly when they are in close proximity to one self?

For example:

Street lights dim around me when I am feeling anxious, they completely go out. When the feeling of anxiety leaves the lights come back on.

Computers malfunction when I am using them. Constantly freezing, weird flickers, and at times complete power failure. This is not just my PC at home , this is everything from the ATM to my Calculator.

Constant shocks, I constantly shock other people when I touch them.

Anyone else notice electronic disturbances that they may or may not cause?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:22 AM
[color=olive]I have a similar problem but it is just the opposite. Things that didn’t work miraculously start working when I go near them. I have worked around high voltage and RF for the last 20 plus years. Back in 1988 I was shocked by 24Kv. If it weren’t for my quick thinking coworker who turned off the circuit breaker I may not have survived. All I could taste was voltage in my mouth for several hours afterward.

Over the next several weeks I started to notice small electronic devices which were previously malfunctioning would start working. I remember the first instance quite vividly. It was a TI-60x calculator I owned but had long since stopped working. I’m not really sure why I kept it. Probably has something to do with being a packrat. Anyway I was going through a drawer looking for something when I picked up the calculator. Just for kicks I tried turning it on. Of course it didn’t work. So I checked to make sure it had a battery (CR2032) and there was one there. I removed it and once I did that the calculator started working. Yes, without a battery.

Over the next several months I noticed small electronic devices requiring less than 3VDC of power would work when I held them. Even after removing the batteries. Several more months went by and through the course of my job I was exposed to more nonlethal voltages and RF. After about a year I could provide power to devices requiring up to 9VDC.

Twenty years or so later I am now up to devices requiring 42VDC or less. I have not managed to power anything running on AC, only DC. Needless to say I have saved a small fortune in batteries. Unfortunately I cannot store any of this power. It would be nice to be able to recharge dead batteries but I just don’t seem to be able to do so.

Maybe you are emanating DC voltage and it is interfering with electronic components running on AC. See what happens if you pick up something that runs on DC like a calculator or a child’s battery operated toy. Remove the batteries and see what happens.

Oh and having this ability is awesome for my cell phone. I never have to charge it and the battery never runs out of voltage.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by ratcals]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:27 AM
reply to post by ratcals

Can you post a video of you taking the battery out of your phone and making it work.. or any device? Have you tried grounding a rechargable battery and recharging it or visa versa? That is an interesting ability.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:55 AM
[color=olive]Sorry but I have a full time job and a family so this may not be something that happens real soon.

I understand, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. I have no video evidence but I will put something together. This is not an ability I have shared with anyone outside my immediate family. I obviously do not wish to become the subject of ridiculous experiments or examinations so I need to make sure anything I record and upload cannot be traced back to me.

In the mean time here is my theory on how this works. Basically I think I act as a big capacitor. Now capacitors normally consist of two plates and a dielectric compound separating them. Voltage is applied to one plate and as it tries to reach the second plate, because of the difference in potential, the applied voltage is stored in the dielectric material. The energy is stored until a trigger is applied to discharge the capacitor. They are normally good for a very short burst of electrical energy. Once they are discharge they must then be recharged.

Now what I theorize is happening with me is the carbon molecules in my body are acting as the plates. Ordinarily the plates need to consist of a voltage conducting material. Carbon is certainly not conductive. Well, not as conductive as copper or silver. However, it is MORE conductive than say an aqueous electrolyte solution. This could be something as simple as salt water. Now we know we are a carbon based life form so the carbon is there. When we sweat it consists of salt so the electrolyte solution is present too. I think my initial shock from the 24KV was the catalyst. Twenty four thousand volts is a lot of voltage, I think it caused some type of reaction to the carbon molecules and salt in my body. I think the result was the formulation of MANY tiny capacitors. Each one storing up a small amount of voltage.

Again, just a theory.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by ratcals]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:03 AM
My previous computer admittely had a PSU issue, but not sure if it explains what always happened.

EVERY TIME that I'd get close near my computer after being away from it for over 5 minutes it would get a blue screen without me touching the keyboard or mouse and not being in any programs. Always JUST as I'm sitting down. Never before I sit or as I've sat, but just while I'm in the process of lowering myself into the chair and relaxing EVERY TIME. I looked everywhere and there were no cables or anything. I moved the chair and it still happened.
The computer died several months later. It never did the blue screen any other time.

I get the street lights too.. also sometimes my presence interrupts TV and internet some how. Happening a lot more than it use to and doesn't matter where I am.

[edit on 19/5/09 by Nventual]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:16 AM
reply to post by Nventual

[color=olive]I would recommend wearing an electrostatic discharge (ESD) wrist strap when near your computer. You may be building up an electrostatic charge. The act of you moving from the standing position to the sitting creates friction between your body and the surrounding air. This can, and does, result in a static charge. Once seated the charge is most likely discharged. Electricity always takes the path of least resistance. Your computer may well be that path. If you were wearing this strap it would prevent the buildup of this charge. It is a common item used when working on sensitive electronic devices. You should be able to find one at Radio Shack for less than $10.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:21 AM
My wife is notorious for breaking computers. I repair computers for a living and I've watched them do some crazy things in her hands. You know those rare times when you just can't explain why a computer is doing what it does? She causes them.

On the other hand though, it's no secret to my customers that I can fix computers with a simple phone call. Countless times has a customer called me and their problem was solved on our first walk through of the issue or they work perfect when in my hands.

There is a phenominon for breaking electronics. I posted about it here.
There doesn't seem to be one for fixing them though..

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:28 AM
I can find an anti-static wristband for $3 and free delivery.

If I carry around static charge all the time then can it effect my brain or what?

new topics

top topics


log in