It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you heard 'the Hum'?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I somethimes hear a high frequency whineing noise, for a few seconds, and ask other people in the room if they hear that and all say yes. I think it has somehting to do with microwaves/wifi/radiowaves and all that, bouncing around the room or something.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
heh I think ive experienced this at least twice in my lifetime.

In my original city of birth, Auckland, every few decades we'd get this 'Hum' turn up it was even mentioned on the news the last time it was noticed in 98 maybe 99? and it was mentioned to have turned up at a similar time quite a few years earlier. I doubt id be able to recognize it these days since like most people I have some level of tinnitus and its worse than what it used to be as a teenager. Only some people can hear it, and it effected some worse than others some even mentioned it made it hard to sleep, I never had it like that but I could hear/feel the 'hum' quite easily.

But for me the hum when it turned up twice in those 20-23 years in Auckland was basically as i could describe it like a fridge motor running just out of perception range ie you can juuust make it out but cant tell if its you or something external (and it was not tinnitus which has a completely different sound to it, which is more like a cricket stuck in mid tone). Its more like you felt the 'hum' rather than heard it. Unless youve heard/felt it you cant really understand what its like which sort of makes skeptics go 'umm yeah right'.

The thing was the 'hum' was for me louder outside than it was inside and it was exactly the same pitch and feeling to it regardless of where you where, along with being completely unable to pin point in terms of direction. Basically it was like it was everywhere at once. It also only lasted about a month or so both times I experienced it.

Where I live now I have not heard it in the last 8-9 years. Could be from living in a large city while I now live in a small town, but considering it appeared cyclic over many years of not being present usually linked to a season (summer) and omni present who knows what it is/was. If it had been industrial you'd think it would always be around.

Am I sensitive, no idea, my mum could hear it but the rest of the family couldnt. Of note there was a UFO doco aired on TV here during the late 90's that had a story about some corp circle audio recordings of a strange hum that was mentioned to make some people nauseated when heard... they played the audio tape the researchers had gathered from the site and played it, when they did I got a short wave of nausea so maybe im sensitive to those sorts of things.

The 'hum' exists... but what it is I have no idea.

Edit:- Ah looks like I was out by about 2 years
but heres a link to the 'Hum' I experienced.

Auckland Mystery Hum

A bit odd they mentioned its louder inside than out since for me it was louder out than in, although could be just poor recollection on my part (being 15 years ago and all
). Also doesnt seem to mention the fact its popped up before, which it has.

[edit on 24-5-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
it's a low rumbling a bass sound like there's a car on outside a block over and never gets turned off.

it's Nibiru approaching.

either that or final last ditch attempts at tunnel-boring out big areas for the big book of revelations / nibiru apocalypse stuff.

-

[edit on 24-5-2009 by prevenge]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
The best way I can describe the sound *I* hear, is that of when an old CRT television is turned on in a room and you hear that high frequency buzzing. It's very similar. But for me the sound is 24/7.

Perfect.

Described exactly what I hear as well.

I just thought everyone gets/has it... guess not.

It comes in waves sometimes, mostly in the few hours before I go to bed it will build in volume for a few seconds then go away again for a while.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
Vegetarians are hearing voices then disappearing into the great nothing, now people are hearing a hum. Wonder if they will start vanishing.

What's that saying, may you live in interesting times? I think nowadays interesting is a understatement.

There are no vegetarians disappearing...

For Christs sake do your research...

That was a work of overt fiction...

[edit on 24-5-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I tried connecting with the buzzing sound last night. Listening to it, trying to figure out where it is coming from. The obvious answer is it is my ears and that could be the case, but I wanted to share something I thought was interesting.

After focusing on the noise I had my eyes closed and followed the sound using my minds eye. I felt like it was a connection to something like a cable attached to me going off into lala land somewhere. As I followed this sound in my head I realized where it was leading me. It is our link to the collective conscious. I started hearing different vibrations as I got closer and my link was intertwining with others. It was a bit overwhelming as I realized all these vibrations would lead to different people.

I make no claim stating that is what this buzzing is as a matter of fact, only the feeling I got by tracing in my mind where it was coming from.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

That's more the type of hum you feel and experience meditatively. I'm convinced that this audible hum people are experiencing is inevitably man-made. That seems to be what alot of researchers believe too.

Technically, anyone could meditate and focus on any kind of audible noise and feel like they've drifted off to Lala-Land. For example, I could meditate to amplified recordings of Jupiter thunder and electromagnetic static as recorded by the voyager II spacecraft and feel this same sense of meditative connectedness. My point is that different sounds can induce different kinds of meditative states but this still applies to all different forms of audible sound as potential means of doing this.. Not just the hum. Alot of what is meditatively explored or observed in a mediation session is also very subjective.. And one sound may or may not induce a specific meditative experience in any 2 different people. It depends on alot of different factors and, thus, varies from person to person.

Now, I do believe in SRV because I've done it before and it worked. But meditating and using SRV are not necessarily the same thing. To an untrained meditator, there's no way for that person to know whether or not they're remote viewing or not. My take is that they intermittently are without knowing it.. (I believe this happened to me as well). But the SRV is hopelessly uncontrollable at that point because it is simply uncontrolled by the meditator's consciousness as a specific focus for that particular session.

Meditating for relaxation or other personal purposes and meditating for the purpose of SRV.. 2 VERY different things we're talking about. Being successful in either depends on complete and total focus on one or the other. Sometimes with SRV, you have to mentally prepare yourself beforehand too and that can take alot of time for some people. Whereas, a normal relaxing meditative session for clearing one's mind is, IMO, much easier to achieve. It's easier to achieve that state after doing it for a few years too.

I liken relaxation mediatation to an infinite black piece of paper that collapses towards you until it reaches nose-distance from your face. At that point, for me, it turns into a 3-dimensional cocophany of portals, colored shapes, tubes, and other things your mind randomly produces internally but are still semi-visually and semi-audibly observable in such a relaxed meditative state. And sometimes it can get pretty insane.. So for me it isn't exactly always relaxing either.. Sometimes it's just seems too much for my brain to handle and it can also be extremely difficult to extract yourself from this kind of chaotic connectedness. It can actually be pretty freaking scary. I've had 2 or 3 times when I've just layed there with my eyes rolled back into my head when I can't completely extract myself from this flood of information until I focus on it for a few minutes.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Here is a video of the sound I used to hear, im in Scotland and it plauged me for a few years.

Recently I do not hear it anymore, it simply vanished around 2 months ago after it became much louder.

Sounded exactly like this...

I have had my ears tested for tinnitus etc and was told my ears are ok.

[edit on 11-6-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

I'm in thirsk and i hear it too

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The sound I hear is more high pitched than that in the movie linked above.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
IMO, the hum is from tunneling equipment under the surface. Fringe technology, nuclear technology. . there are a lot of tunnels built by the governments of the world, and they take DECADES to make. Some are more sensitive to picking up the tones than others.

Like I said, my two cents.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I agree with you. To me, it is sorta like a canvas. If I have a blank canvas - I look at it, and I see these little squares all over it - the fabric with the glue over it. It holds a lot of potential.

I know what tinnitus sounds like, this isn't that.

This is more a consciousness thing. Like a convas, I suspect things can be projected or placed -onto it.

I'm just concerned - a change in consciousness can be many things. We like to think it's going to be people being aware of other dimensions, ect., but I'm afraid it might be more like....a collective canvas that's going to be a picture of war. It might not be good.

It might be a tipping point. IE The way piranha collectively know that the diver is one day 181 pounds and they attack, when the day before he was 180 pounds, so they left him alone. The way that animals suddenly feel they are overpopulated, so they start killing each other. Of the way some insects, fish ect., - they feel endangered, so they start morphing into bixexual or other sexes so they can reproduce easier.

Humans are herd animals. A shift in consciousness might be merely a shift in the direction of the herd. Something's in the air. Do the other cows smell it?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Thought Id give this a bump since a new article has emerged regarding the HUM

A village in Durham is the latest place to report a strange vibrating noise - known as "the hum". Why is it such a mystery? According to sufferers, it is as if someone has parked next to your house and left the engine running. The Hum is a mystery low frequency noise, a phenomenon that has been reported across Britain, North America and Australia in the past four decades. There are a range of theories from farm or factory machinery to conspiracy theories such as flying saucers. And yet, 'the hum' remains an unsolved case.

BBC Article

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join