It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you heard 'the Hum'?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I like the flow of this thread, the information is all good and Booda is seriously - A solutionist...
I have been finding sounds that make me feel really good like Tibetan bowls and some binaural music, there are alot of tools out there to help us counteract and retain our freedom.

Example of 396Hz

and this "instrument" I truly know to have helped me with my sensitivity to invasive wave attacks. Magical

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

I always hear it, it never stops.

[edit on 073131p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think every one gets this. Has any one ever gotten a higher pitched radio am radio frequency go through there ear before?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I just wanted to add that sometimes when I want it to stop - like right before going to bed - I yawn - a lot , try it it works!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm a hifi guy and when I'm around my gear, I can hear the hum in the air.. 3 amps going all the time. This is to avoid the rig being turned off, cooling and contracting, then heating up to optimal sound again.

Everything is sensitive to a sweet spot as such, and so are we. The hum we hear is just a background vibration from various things, in my case electrical gear and in others cases i've experienced my 'own hum' or also one of 'nature' possibly?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

I have been hearing this buzz for about 12 years maybe more.I don't know when it started. It can get annoying sometimes when it's quiet and I am tired..But I don't know what it is. If it is tinnitus oh well, if not ,how would I know it? It changes frequency if I focus on it.At bedtime I imagine it as crickets in the summer and it sounds like crickets. But also under my closed eyelids I see patterns, sigils,words in glowing multicolored lights.My mom told me she also hears this buzz awhile ago,we both sometimes hear a change in the buzz to a subsonic sound,I get a mild headache too. Then soon after that I get wind there was an earthquake.
I dunno what it is.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Haven't read the whole thing guys so bare with me.

I hear things constantly although I consulted a psychiatrist, just to be sure I wasn't crazy. Usually in a low volume place, i'll hear noises, voices or the obscure sounds.

She said it was part of my ears just messing around fitting in pieces where nothing was.

It's terrible though I have to sleep with a loud fan on though to deal with it, i've asked others around me if they hear it, they agree no they don't.

I'm not crazy, I don't believe in supernatural, just maybe a small, minute infection attacking people... possible I guess.

There must be a practical explanation for it.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Some great information I thought I would post. All of this is information I have discovered after doing previous research on this very interesting topic..

Related ATS Threads..
Mystery surrounds humming noise

Kokomo Hum Blamed on Industrial Fans? (Not HAARP?)

(thought here are many more..)

Unknown ELF signals and ground currents

Straining to Hear the Voice of the Aurora (talks about audible auroral phenomeonon which has been reported around the globe).

"There's something going on," Hallinan said of the aurora's whisper. "It's scientifically unreasonable, yet people do hear it."

Hallinan says the thin air of the ionosphere--where the aurora dances from 60 to about 200 miles above the earth's surface--can't carry sound waves. Even if it could, Hallinan says, we're so far away that it would take several minutes for the sound to reach us.

Hallinan suggests a few possible explanations for auroral noise. He said the brain may sense electromagnetic waves from the aurora and somehow convert them to sound. Another theory is that electrical currents induced on the ground by the aurora (which also corrode the trans-Alaska oil pipeline) may create an audible electrical discharge from nearby objects such as spruce trees or buildings.

It's somehow comforting that this part of the aurora borealis remains a mystery. The voice of the aurora will undoubtedly someday be captured on tape and explained, but if I ever hear it, I'll whisper back. Maybe Barron has something to tell us.

This one is a news story out of New Zealand in which scores of people were experiencing this same kind of mystery hum in 2006.
Mystery Humming Sound Captured

Stephen Hutcheon
November 17, 2006 - 12:46PM

A New Zealand scientist believes he's captured a recording of the mystery hum that has been heard by scores of people living and in and around the city of Auckland.

This next one is related to the afformentioned New Zealand hum. Article also from 2006..
The Hum is Back

This next one talks about mystery booms a little bit too which I have witnessed once when I was about 16. It was experienced by myself and a close friend at about 1130 or noon in Oklahoma during a clear blue sky. My grandparents a couple hundred yards up the road hadn't heard anything and they had been up since 7.., yet the boom had turned to immense rumbling.. Even shaking food and dishes out of the cabinets and off the cupboard shelves. My friend sais he saw what he described as a "big yellow spark" out the window during the time of the event.. As to what this could be, I have no idea. But this same kind of bizarre encounter has been witnessed and experienced by people just before cattle are found mutilated in pastures. And I lived in a rural cattle pasture too.. Who knows!
The Mysterious Hum: A New Theory (2009) (although the theory doesn't make any sense to me since the sources can never be traced).

What the F&^% is this HUMMing SOund

Mystery Sounds, Booms and Hums

The Bristol Hum is the most widely reported hum in the U.K. Some of the features of the Bristol Hum are:

* Sounds like an idling diesel engine.
* Most "hummers" are over the age of 50
* At least one partially deaf person hears the hum without using a hearing aid
* "Hearing" of radar signals can be ruled out, since aluminum foil enclosures do not attenuate the Hum.
* If a signal generator and loudspeaker is used, a zero beat can be heard around 100Hz
* Steel enclosures (such as cars, vehicles, some buildings) slightly attenuate the perceived hum, but only if greater than 1/8" wall thickness.
* J. Hall of Bristol UK committed suicide in 10/96 after having been driven crazy by the hum.
* The Hum can be detected and recorded using coil detectors.

Mysterious humming driving Aucklanders 'bonkers'

WAV file 1 of the infamous Taos Hum
WAV file 2 of the infamous Taos Hum

Information related to the TAOS HUM (including sources)

Loads of "TAOS HUM" personal accounts

THE ELUSIVE HUM in TAOS, NEW MEXICO (paper written by Joe Mullins and Jim Kelly of the University of New Mexico November 22, 1995)

Analysis of the "BRISTOL HUM" in the UK information and analysis by John Dawes. Exact date of this particular analysis is unknown as it is not mentioned.

Information related to the "KOKOMO HUM"

Though most of this is in German, there's still some great information here.
(Kokomo, Indiana). Hum seemed to peak around 1999. This organisation's final report on the Kokomo Hum can be found HERE in PDF format (most of it in English I think). The Appendix to the report with all the additional information mentioned in the report (in english) can be found HERE

ABC News Story - "Complaints Surround Mysterious Kokomo Hum" by Oliver Libaw.

Kokomo Hum Identified dated 28 Sep, 2003.

The Acoustics of War writtne by Daria Vaisman for "Cabinet Magazine" for the Winter 2001/2002 issue.

In addition to requiring large quantities of energy and being difficult to use with a portable device, infrasound works poorly in air where sound waves tend to reflect off the body.2 Low-frequency sound travels in all directions and is hard to direct. (Infrasound is measured at 20 Hz and below, ultrasound at 20 KHz and above.) Wavelength is in a ratio to the aperture of the device that is directing it, so that infrasound needs a very large aperture. As a matter of contrast, ultrasound uses a very small aperture. It is cheap to generate and relatively easy to direct, but ultrasound burns surface tissue and destroys organs (medical ultrasound is used to break up kidney stones) and therefore has not been adapted for non-lethal purposes.

Infrasound is an amazingly effective weapon under the right conditions. A small percentage of the population is so unbearably sensitive to infrasound that they become nauseous near the ocean (which naturally generates low-frequency signals) and can sense, or "hear," earthquakes hundreds of miles away. Ultra-low frequencies will nauseate and disorient most people under the right conditions (that is, if the sound can easily couple with their bodies, which it does under water or in a high-pressure chamber).

Informational youtube video on HAARP which could be cause for some of this as well..

The Taos Hum

-ChriS

[edit on 20-5-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Yeh i swear I get this sorta weird sound in my ear, like after you stand to close to a something loud and your ear starts to ring. I cant hear anything out of that hear, and then after a while it fades out. I'm sure its not tinnitus.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
ok, this post rocks! i wanted to post here, something like this..back in 1988, i wa 13..aaround october/novemebr of that year, at 7 to 8 pm at ngiht, me and a freind with me, woud hear this weird noise,t hat was hard to place. We lived in a suburban area, and no electrical towers nearby, no nuclear reacotrs, or anyting like that. To this day, i rememebr this noise, that was coming from the atmosphere, it seemed. It wa kinda like a giant magnet..like yuode hear in a sci fi movie or something. It did it for about an hour, and it was just tha one year, for 3 months it was around. I still lvie in the same house ect, and to date, this 'hum' has never returned..and we could never figure out what it was!
This post bought back memorys of it,a nd what i was hearing. Thier wasnt any atmposperic conditions, other than being a clear calm, cold night. I guess, in s ense, my gut instincts led me to belive, it was the earths magnetosphere, or its core. Funny, just that one year, 1988..and never agian,.near me anyway

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I get a ringing in my ears when everything is quiet. I assume that the cause is because I live in an area subject to constant noise (Motorway, children, machinery, etc.) and me brain doesn't want there to be no noise. Maybe. Or maybe my ears are so used to sending the impulses for constant noise, they just do it all the time. Regardless of wheter there is noise or not.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by booda

I must admit that I have heard this buzzing noise myself but have always put it down to a problem with my ear. I wonder if we can gather a list of people on ATS that have heard this and possibly a location where this happens and pinpoint what it could be. This phenomena happens all round the world, especially in Europe according to Wiki. Any thoughts people...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/20/2009 by semperfortis]

From a post I made just the other night here on ATS -

Oh and I still get the vibrations once in a while, and if it's really quiet, I always hear a humming noise. almost like a distant rumble.

I certainly do indeed hear the hum, exactly how I put it... I have also read about a certain tone the earth omits apparently, the schumann resonance, which I've used in brainwave entrainment.

Sometimes it can result in feeling the vibrations as if my entire body is being charged up... very odd sensation.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I hear it! oh wait, that's my dehumidifier...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I'm suprised nobody else but me and a couple of people has mentioned the relation to Astral Projection/ OBE/meditation.

If it is the same hum were talking about, then there is a definite connection to the dream world, the mind, energy etc, more than a simple ear problem.

Come on anyone else who achieves AP/OBE wanna mention this?

[edit on 20-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Call me a hippie, but I follow the belief that we experience the energy around us. There is evidence that blind people sense things around them, that Human emotive responses happen milliseconds prior to experiencing the catalyst...

Perhaps that's what we're hearing?
And I do hear it, especially in moments of absolute silence.

But it's like the colors you see when you're trying to get to sleep. I get that a lot, like I'm moving through a tunnel with blue and red shapes moving around the sides. I can even control them and will them to move in certain ways.

And the extremely vivid images I can summon amongst all of this too, that's another great mystery to me. It's like I'm seeing something solid and real, without opening my eyes.

And the sounds or words that just arrive. It's as though I tapped into a thought by someone else. Completely different to thinking something because it's so completely detached from me. They just arrive out of nowhere, just a word or two, or maybe a phrase, about something completely random and seemingly independent of my own mind.

I experience all of these things, and usually while I am trying to go to sleep.
I have always put it down to the hippie idea that energy moves all around us, and I'm just in such a relaxed state at the time that I can tune into it.

Certainly all fascinating stuff, even if I am wrong and it's all within the mind.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

I think this thread has done pretty well and glad you like the flow of it. There seems to be a lot of people experiencing this. I know some may think it tinnitus and some think its the earth vibrating, astral projection links or even aliens making some kind of contact. I think the more we dig the more we will find out. Theres bound to be a lot of ATS'ers that havent read this yet but when they Im sure their input will be valuable and may also help others out....

I'll be away for a few days now so will have to pick up on this at some other point but good luck to those looking for answers/solutions...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Im 46yrs old and I continually here this noise both in my bedroom and my frontroom. The layout of my home means one sits on top of the other, I don't know if that really means much. It's just I have noticed when I walk into my bedroom it is like walking into a wall of white noise. It bothers me so much I have taken to falling asleep listening to the radio in an attempt to drown it out, which feels odd because it's like the noise is coming from within me rather than an outside disturbance?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

I get exactly the same thing, its always high pitched though and there is never any difference in the pitch, the volume of it adjusts according to the noise going on around me, loud noise (trucks driving past, loud music) quiets it down, but when its quiet around me I can hear it crystal clear and it reaches almost a maximum volume.

Think I'd put it down to vibrations in the air personally, cos it is always there, but being indoors or outdoors affects it, level of other noise affects it, even how windy it is seems to 'blow' the noise away.

Weird thing is it is always there, the only thing that gets rid is having my earphones in full blast!

[edit on 20-5-2009 by ItsallCrazy]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Im sure most people dont want to give away their coordinates but if your happy to do so please post them so we can map them of google earth and then investigate whats around the area. Could be some underground tunneling systems or gas pipes etc....

I can do the mapping and investigation as soon as we have enough...

Cheers

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Cant get you co-ordinates 'cos I'm at work but I'm in Stoke-on-Trent, England if you want to stick that on?

If this mapping thing end up in the shape of a pentagram across the map or something I'll seriously lose my marbles!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join