It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you heard 'the Hum'?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Have you heard 'the Hum'?

news.bbc.co.uk

For decades, hundreds of people worldwide have been plagued by an elusive buzzing noise known as "the Hum". Some have blamed gas pipes or power lines, others think their ears are faulty. A few even think sinister forces could be at work.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org

[edit on 19/5/2009 by booda]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/20/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I must admit that I have heard this buzzing noise myself but have always put it down to a problem with my ear. I wonder if we can gather a list of people on ATS that have heard this and possibly a location where this happens and pinpoint what it could be. This phenomena happens all round the world, especially in Europe according to Wiki. Any thoughts people...

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/20/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I put it down to the natural vibration of the matter of which I am created. When you meditate, you can meditate on this "hum" or "vibration" and you can get it to go up and down in frequency. You can get it to envelope your entire body and it gives you a rather nice warm fuzzy feeling. It's nice.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I wonder why its happening to the people who dont meditate. Are they more in tune to frequencies that the average person cant hear...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
So I take it they are not talking about tinnitus in this story... but something else? Although, nobody has ever explained or found a cure for tinnitus either. Weird. It should be a simple thing to get to the bottom of..

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Sometimes i hear buzzing, usually in the evening when it is quiet. I get sleep paralysis, so i don't know if there is a correlation there. However i just put it down to static in the air. I don't live near any electicity pylons though, but i just assumed it was electric running thru the house.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
It's a vibration of sort in my opinion. Which really is part of nature right?

Just before AP/OBE, it becomes louder and louder, and so clear, very interesting.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

sorry - could you explain what "Just before AP/OBE" is - cheers

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Vegetarians are hearing voices then disappearing into the great nothing, now people are hearing a hum. Wonder if they will start vanishing.

What's that saying, may you live in interesting times? I think nowadays interesting is a understatement.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by booda
reply to post by _Phoenix_

sorry - could you explain what "Just before AP/OBE" is - cheers

Well just before you experience astral projection/out of body experience that you've probably heard about, we must meditate in a way, until we reach a point that many people experience the sound getting louder and louder, and the body becomes paralysed, then we can experience OBE.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
People have been hearing this hum since the 60's.
Also been discussed on here many many times try searching the ATS forums a bit more first. Nothing new here

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by marshy10156
People have been hearing this hum since the 60's.
Also been discussed on here many many times try searching the ATS forums a bit more first. Nothing new here

I'd say since the beginning of mankind. It's a normal natural event in my opinion.

Some people probably don't notice it, or don't try to focus on it.

But of course it's possible some people who are complaining are hearing something different, a problem like tinitus or some sort of electrical field etc

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by marshy10156

it probably has been discussed many times but if you read a bit further down the article it says

"In an attempt to break this cycle, Dr Baguley is currently working on a pilot project with the acoustics laboratory at the University of Salford"

Has this kind of research been done before....at least its being acknowledged as a problem and people who suffer badly from it may find out whats causing it....

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Bonjour Booda, Only in the country do I get peace from this invasion - I live in Quebec Montreal, and I am sensitive to these various frequencies. I have not looked at your link yet, but I thank You in advance...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I have the more than occassional 'ringing in the ear'.
There appears to be no sort of pattern and comes and go's quite randomly.
I always assumed it was either tinnitus or something similair or due to the amount of music I listen to and the volume at which I play it.

But when I think about it I have always had it, even when I was a very young child.

Food for thought, definately something to think about.

Reminds me of an old Killing Joke song which they opened up with on their 2008 tour.....and any excuse to listen them, here they are in 1985!

en.wikipedia.org...

Killing Joke - The Hum

www.sing365.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

I'll put my hand up for this...

Every since I was a child and lived in North America, I've always heard a buzzing/high pitched sound in my ears.

The best way I can describe the sound *I* hear, is that of when an old CRT television is turned on in a room and you hear that high frequency buzzing. It's very similar. But for me the sound is 24/7.

I figure it's tinnitis - though I've never been one to listen to loud music nor been exposed to any obvious sources of decibels that would damage my hearing.

But I have read some people just have tinnitis (on the net of course so how tru e any of it is, is anyone's guess!)

However even now, if I sit still and stop typing.....yup... it's there. That same buzzing sound, that same high pitched frequency.

For me though, it doesn't impede my hearing -- I can still hear impecibly well and was tested when I joine the reserves years ago, clicking the buttons in the little booth listening to near inaudible sounds and apparently I scored very very well.

Anyhow, yup, cound me in. I have always heard a ringing for as long as I can remember. This dates to back when I lived in North America as a child, up to this very moment living in the south east of Blighty!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
heres a link to tinnitius for those who dont know about it...

en.wikipedia.org...

Tinnitus (pronounced /tɪˈnaɪtəs/ or /ˈtɪnɪtəs/,

[1] from the Latin word tinnītus meaning "ringing"[

2]) is the perception of sound within the human ear in the absence of corresponding external sound. Tinnitus can be perceived in one or both ears or in the head. It is usually described as a ringing noise, but in some patients it takes the form of a high pitched whining, buzzing, hissing, screaming, humming, or whistling sound, or as ticking, clicking, roaring, "crickets" or "tree frogs" or "locusts", tunes, songs, or beeping.

[3] It has also been described as a "wooshing" sound, as of wind or waves.

[4] Tinnitus can be intermittent or it can be continuous. In the latter case, this "phantom" sound can create great distress in the sufferer.

Mod Edit: Use External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/20/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

is that what your avatar is about - fingers in the ear to stop the ringing....

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
When i was a teenager i use to find spots of blood on my pillow in the mornings. Not much, but enough to go and see my GP. Sometimes it would feel asthough there was something stuck in my ear ( can't remember which one) The Doc said there is nothing wrong with them, although he thought one eardrum was smaller than the other one, but could not be sure. So all was well, even tho i could still hear the buzzing/static noise. Then one year i found ear candles. Now you can't get better than them and i still get the buzzing! That's why i assumed it was just the makeup of the house. Nothing more than that. Dunno???

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Count me in as well.

Have had a "ringing" noise for most of my life, I just thought it was normal

Being in the military, my hearing is tested every year, I am slightly lacking at one frequency. Asked the docs about the ringing one year, and he told me not to worry about it, it was normal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join