It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New hope for development of H1N1 (Swine Flu) vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

New hope for development of H1N1 (Swine Flu) vaccine

edition.cnn.com

SEOUL, Korea (CNN) -- Researchers at a South Korean university say they have discovered a candidate strain for an H1N1 vaccine, though it has not yet been approved by health authorities in the United States or the World Health Organization.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The strain is a genetically modified version of a live virus, and could lead to a vaccine against H1N1 -- commonly known as swine flu, said Seo Sang-heui, a professor at Chungnam National University's College of Veterinary Medicine in South Korea.

I personally cant seem to find the reason why this "Swine Flu" is still in the media!

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Here's the thing. These people are going to keep coming up with these "vaccinations" that the user is going to have to pay out for as usual and I bet it is nothing but sugar water!

@@Trick_Trish@@

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Re: Vaccine development for H1N1.

This is really important info for anyone who is considering getting the vaccine, or knows of someone who will and wants them to remain well:

As we know the US has dedicated 1B dollars to vaccine development, with the major players being Novartis, Sanofi, etc. The leader in the vaccine development with be GlaxoSmithKline. They have pledged to have the vaccine ready within 6 months, after regulatory approval.

Here's the catch: because there is a small amount of viral isolate, as in many new vaccines, GSK will use an adjuvant- a chemical that will help boost the immune response and antibody development to the viral material. The problem is (apart from the material in vaccines that is in itself, deadly,) the adjuvant, GSK's "proprietary" AS03 adjuvant is a confirmed cause of autoimmune disease. It contain fats and/or oils like squalene, or squalene derivatives that comprise our cellular membranes, nerve myelination (allowing us to conduct nerve impulses), and many other critical biological and physiological functions. When it is used as an adjuvant in a vaccine, the body makes antibody against the adjuvant, as well as the viral component. One becomes hyper-immune to one's own cellular material, and everything from Lupus and MS to Parkinson's and Rheumatoid Arthritis may result. Guillan Barre syndrome is a result of an autoimmune reaction to vaccines in a way that attacks the nervous system. Adjuvants have been used from the start of vaccines- it was aluminum derivitives. Then we bagan using oils- oils that our body makes and uses. These adjuvants are now in every vaccine made. Google AS03 ad read the ingredients. For now, here's a link to ponder. :

pharmtech.findpharma.com... tCategoryId=35097

Below is content from the link- I hope I formatted it correctly. If not, my apologies- perhaps a firewall issue to fix.

::::GSK works on an A (H1N1) adjuvanted influenza vaccine
GSK reported on May 15 that it expects to manufacture a candidate A (H1N1) adjuvanted influenza vaccine once a virus seed is made available by WHO. The first doses of the vaccine are expected to be available four to six months later, subject to regulatory approval.

The vaccine will consist of the antigen of the recently isolated A (H1N1) influenza strain and also contain GSK's proprietary adjuvant system AS03. An adjuvant system is added to the antigen at the time of administration to stimulate a higher immune response while using a smaller amount of antigen as compared with a formulation without adjuvant.

The new candidate vaccine will require regulatory approval. In 2008, GSK received an European license for a pandemic vaccine based on a mock-up dossier. This approval, which was based on data involving the H5N1 influenza strain, is expected to enable faster registration of a new A (H1N1) influenza vaccine and is currently being discussed with European regulatory authorities, according to GSK.

GSK has received interest from several governments seeking to stockpile the new candidate adjuvanted vaccine. The UK government is interested in purchasing 60 million doses of the candidate A (H1N1) adjuvanted influenza vaccine, the French government 50 million doses, and the Belgium government 12.6 million doses. GSK will supply the Finnish government with 5.3 million doses of H1N1 antigen, which is expected to be used in conjunction with the government’s existing stockpile of GSK’s adjuvant system.:::::::

---Well- I tried to format it correctly but I need to fix my firewall permissions. My apologies.-C

[edit on 23-5-2009 by CultureD]

top topics

join