It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan closes 4,000 schools over swine flu fears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Thats alot of schools to be closed for sure. THis is one way to stop an outbreak in its tracks and its nice to see thier health people being proactive.

KOBE, Japan (AFP) – Japan closed more than 4,000 schools and kindergartens, double the previous day's number, to slow the spread of swine flu which has infected 163 people in the country, officials said.

Many people in the affected urban areas were wearing face masks after the western cities of Kobe and Osaka became the first in Japan to suffer domestic outbreaks of the (A)H1N1 virus which spread rapidly through two schools.

A total of 4,043 schools and kindergartens were closed in and around both cities at the request of government authorities, up from some 2,000 on Monday, an education ministry official said.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I think people are becoming over "ready"

- Although I would hate anything to happen to those children!

[edit on 5/19/0909 by Pokémon]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Thats alot of schools to be closed for sure. THis is one way to stop an outbreak in its tracks and its nice to see thier health people being proactive.

that will not even slow the virus down

the kids will get it outside playing or meeting friends

or from their parents who still have to go to work

shutting down schools only invites more child nuisances, and makes them bored so they break stuff or steal things for entertainment

at least thats how things were in my community

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
seriously tho having any form of "half arsed quarantine" is nothing more than a joke

either you quarantine 100% or you dont do it at all

its too late to quarantine anything anyways now...way too late

the government of japan is simply trying to calm stupid people down and alleviate the fears of the uneducated

new topics

top topics

join