It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's 'Smoking Gun' Witness Found Dead of 'Apparent Suicide'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
i guaranteed he would drop dead after a few years not posted but man ... soon as shtf with people asking questiions ... that hed mystically not be there

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

You are so cute. Look how you stand up for Justice! You didn't notice how "impeachment was off the table" and "investigating war crimes was off the table." I'm sure your hero Dick Cheney -- who is so worthy of trust, won't have to ever endure the need to be proven guilty. Not while we have tea-baggers and the gullible. I'm engaging in wishful thinking -- as if the CIA magically gave up on helping multinationals in Latin America subvert Democracies to keep unions at bay and resources cheap -- and then realized they needed to actually protect America from real threats.

How is Dick Cheney, deserving of Constitutional rights if he wants to deny other's those rights? How can you justify it for yourself -- when you stand behind people who do? I'm thinking, as long as NeoCons are happy with suspending the Constitution (during this time of peril), let's follow their lead.

What's the difference between a 100,000 innocent Iraqis and one Dick Cheney? Location, location, location.

No, the way things work is that we only begin investigations of crooks like Cheney AFTER we've proven to the Media and NeoCons beyond a reasonable doubt that they are guilty and that some Democrat didn't do something similar elsewhere on the planet. Of course, they were the ones who investigated themselves -- so there is no evidence of wrongdoing -- just a trail of blood and the guy who survived torture for 4 years kills himself a few weeks before he is due to see a court room.

I'm all for a fair trial. But we don't do that anymore. AIG was committing fraud -- anyone even under indictment?

The issue isn't about me and my opinions. But of course, some folks will excuse anything the dear leaders come up with by redirecting the issue. I'm the crazy Liberal with ax? No -- this is an American after justice has been denied. We had the Fed and Wall Street in cahoots rip us off. We had the Bush administration lie us into war. We had torture, treason and an assault on our Constitution.

No guilty people have gone to jail but certainly a few heroic whistleblowers have been demonized.

I'm sure everyone is so incredibly shocked about Pelosi -- shocked!

And of course, now the NeoCons are worried about Mexico's problems spilling over. While Glenn Beck talks sedition and klansmen buy bullets.

When did I defend Cheney and say I was a fan of his? I never did. But you are soooo wrong when you say we should selectively allow US citizens to have their constitutional rights. One of the beautiful things about our constitution is that every US citizen is entitled to the same rights, rich or poor, good or evil, innocent or guilty. What I am trying to explain is, this guy was not the smoking gun. Look at it from a legal perspective. At best his testimony would be heresay and stricken concerning Bush-Cheney, and possibly allowed concerning illegal torture for those that tortured him. He was not the smoking gun even if he was still alive. Think about this objectively, not emotionally. In a court of law, the only thing this guy could have shown was that he was interrogated or tortured and he gave false information because of it. He cannot testify the intention of other human being that they wanted him to lie, that is heresay and speculation which isn't allowed.

You guys are all jumping down my throat like I am defending Bush and Cheney. My commentary is purely to point out that this guy wasn't the smoking gun when you think logically, so there is no reason to kill him. Some of you are so emotional and desperate to lock Bush and Cheney up that it colors your judgment. Logical thought process shows that this guy wasn't the smoking gun.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join