It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's 'Smoking Gun' Witness Found Dead of 'Apparent Suicide'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
What gets me, is that there are all these people who enabled BushCo because of the mere "threat to national security." You know that we can't let the smoking gun be a mushroom cloud.

From every bit of evidence I can remember the past 8 years, the greatest threat to our security and prosperity is the PNAC, AIPAC and NeoCon's embedded in our government.

So we should be rounding up Bush, Cheney and the entire gang, and not worry about collateral damage. They need to prove that they are innocent of about 10 national security threats that we all know they are involved in.

Here is a short list of the threats of the Bush Crime Family that I think they need to answer beyond a reasonable doubt, before we let them free to haunt the planet:
1) Mr. George "Bandar" Bush -- what is your relationship with the Saudi Royal family. The Bin Laden Family. Known terrorist-backing terrorist banks like BCCI. The UAE, and Ukrainian organized crime which all have investments in various companies owned by people in your family.
2) Mr. Cheney. Who was in your energy task force meeting. We'd like to ask them if it was about carving up the resources of Iraq for their own profit. This would constitute a crime against Humanity.
3) We'd like to know more about the 6 nuclear warheads that were flown to an airbase and why only 5 were recovered. And maybe some details about why so many people involved have since died.
4) We'd like to know what happened to the US Poet -- the ship that was involved in smuggling weapons to Iran in the Iran/Contra affair sank with all hands -- Oh, I'm sorry Mr. Bush, that's your war-profiteering father's issue. Sorry.
5) Mr. Marvin Bush; there are some rumors that you owned the security agency that was in charge of the WTC complex. Could we have their names -- we'd like to interview them about the setting of charges and why the cameras quit working just on that one day.
6) We'd like to know why; if the whole point of the Afghanistan invasion was "security" -- why a UNICAL executive was the best choice as the new President? It really seems like this was about a Gas pipeline -- Oh, I see you've built one. Seems that all 14 of our US bases in Iraq are on the path the oil travels as well.

>> I could go on for pages and pages of things that are a HUGE security concern with the Bush Crime Family. I could talk about Katrina, the bank failures, it would take me days and my fingers might be worn off. I could ask why they actually did nothing to improve security except make an expensive show of it; old ladies taking off their shoes at airports -- while there was no security at the ports and you wanted to sell these to Dubai.

The presumption of secrecy, based on protecting us -- I think that has been shot as the farce it always was, because every time we get peak under the covers, nothing but incompetence, graft, or betrayal of our trust gets exposed. We were told there was no torture, then a few bad apples, then it was for security, then -- what? Lie after Lie after Lie.

Do we need to wait for our economy to collapse, our military to be compromised and our reputation to be ruined by willfully breaking treaties?

These people need to prove that they aren't still a threat -- much less that they don't deserve to be punished. We through Taxi cab drivers in GitMo who didn't even sell our troops tainted water -- Haliburton did that.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
As a caution,
When I opened the Salem link,I received a virus warning,
(Trojan horse)AVG was able to remove it.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

So we should be rounding up Bush, Cheney and the entire gang, and not worry about collateral damage. They need to prove that they are innocent of about 10 national security threats that we all know they are involved in.

Fortunately this is not how things work in the United States. Its the the exact opposite. The prosecution needs to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt. The fact that your mind works in the fashioned where the accused have to prove their innocence shows a great deal about your mental make up.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well, this just goes to show the importance of enhanced interrogation techniques to our national security. Without the waterboarding done to this guy, we would have never known about Saddam's WMDs and his link to al-Quaeda.

I bet if we 'board a few more, we can find a good reason to invade Canada.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Hey smurfy, mmm, it doesn't do that for me but just in case I'll just post the article here so that you can see it.

Bush's 'Smoking Gun' Witness Found Dead of 'Apparent Suicide'

Salem-News.com
IndictBushNow.org files Freedom of Information Act lawsuit to get to the bottom of the story.

Courtesy: newmatilda.com

(WASHINGTON D.C.) - "The cover-up of Bush-era crimes is taking a shocking but not unexpected turn. A fateful move has been made and it is certain to backfire."

The group IndictBushNow.org says Colin Powell used Ibn al-Sheikh al-Libi's "tortured and knowingly fabricated testimony to tell the United Nations that Saddam Hussein's government was helping al-Qaeda develop weapons of mass destruction to kill Americans. It was all a lie."

IndictBushNow.org is joining with the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund and the ANSWER Coalition to demand full disclosure of the facts surrounding the man's death.

"We have filed a Freedom of Information Act Request (FOIA) with the CIA, Department of Defense, Department of State and other agencies to reveal information in their possession about Libi's imprisonment, torture, false testimony on Iraq and the circumstances of his death," the group reported.

"A prisoner who was horribly tortured in 2002 until he agreed - at the demand of Bush torturers - to say that al-Qaeda was linked to Saddam Hussein is suddenly dead. Several weeks ago, Human Rights Watch investigators discovered the missing inmate and talked to him. He had been secretly transferred by the administration to a prison in Libya after having been held by the CIA both in secret 'black hole prisons' and in Egypt."

It was under conditions of extreme torture, the group alleges, that the prisoner, Ibn al-Sheikh al-Libi, agreed in 2002 to supply the Bush-ordered interrogators what they sought as a political cover for Bush's marketing of the pending war of aggression against Iraq. Mr. Libi agreed to tell them whatever they wanted in exchange for an end to the torture. The now famous Torture Memos providing legal cover for the torture were written at the same time starting in the summer of 2002.

"Libi's tortured and knowingly fabricated testimony was the source of information used by Bush to sell the war to the U.S. Senate, and the source for Colin Powell's bogus and lying presentation to the United Nations in 2003."

IndictBushNow.org charges that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rice, "are now running around saying that the torture regime 'protected the country from terrorist attack.' But the torture was used for the personal political goals of Bush and Cheney: namely, to sell their Iraq invasion to a very skeptical and disbelieving country."

IndictBushNow.org further alleges that having been discovered by human rights investigators two weeks ago, Mr. Libi's story coincided with the release of the Torture Memos and the growing clamor for criminal prosecutions of Bush officials.

"His testimony is the smoking gun that would reveal that the torture regime was not for 'national security' but for the personal political aims of Bush and Cheney," IndictBushNow.org stated.

"He was Exhibit A in the indictment that alleges that tortured confessions and the contrived legal justifications of torture set up by Justice Department lawyers in July/August 2002 were central to the launch of the war against Iraq."

"Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have died and tens of thousands of U.S. service members have either been killed or badly wounded in a war that was based on lies fortified and promoted by the most sadistic torture."

The group says Mr. Libi is suddenly dead. A Libyan "newspaper source" says that his death is an apparent suicide, but it has been reported that his friends don't believe that.

"We are building a movement for the appointment of a Special Prosecutor. This is not a political choice. It is a legal imperative. Mr. Libi's death must be the first business of the investigation. When other prisoners who had been kept at secret sites were sent to Guantanamo, the Bush administration and the CIA intentionally kept Mr. Libi from being part of that transfer. Mr. Libi was publicly stating that the Iraq-al-Qaeda links attributed to him from his torture sessions were not true."

IndictBushNow.org continued, "Who was the beneficiary from his death? Why was he spirited away by the Bush administration to hidden foreign prisons after he recanted his tortured testimony and revealed that he was forced to make false statements about Iraq under torture?"

IndictBushNow.org is joining with the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund and the ANSWER Coalition to demand that the truth be told. We have filed a Freedom of Information Act Request (FOIA) with the CIA, Department of Defense, Department of State and other agencies to reveal information in their possession about Libi's imprisonment, torture, false testimony on Iraq and the circumstances of his death. To read a copy of the FOIA, click this link.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Hope that helps.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Let the unravelling continue.

Rove is finally interviewed (behind closed doors) for four hours by a federal prosecutor. Is this criminal finally going to be subpoenaed?

While the British Speaker of the House of Commons is forced to stand down over the MPs' expenses scandal, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi comes under intense media fire for lying about the Bush torture directives.

Pelosi says she was mislead by the CIA and the former administration about torture and WMD in Iraq.

The CIA say documents prove she's lying.

Waterboarding is torture:
www.youtube.com...
link.brightcove.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It might be interesting to keep in mind that Gaddaffi, President of the African Union, and President of Libya as well, was a long time member of those considered 'terrorists.'

Now, years after we bombed and killed even his children, he is holding the lynch-pin prisoner for us. Why would that have happened?

If this was the single direct link testimony, what the heck was he doing in Libya, as opposed to, oh I don't know..., Guantanamo? Didn't they think he would be safe enough there?

Slightly off-topic: Multi-day sleep deprivation is used to condition minds..., even to the point of manufacturing suicidal depression. Coupled with the horrors of physical pain, and controlled near-death-terror, one might expect that other such 'high-value' prisoners may suffer similar fates.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Honestly, Karl Rove really makes me sick. That goofball has nothing better to do then to slander the left and continue being O'Reilly's puppet on his show. The same with Dick Cheney. Do something with your time that's constructive.

Pick a charity, write a book; honestly, though, you're giving a lot of us headaches, Mr. Cheney. Pretty much, even more so then when you were VP and you were causing a whole lot of crap.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

Fortunately this is not how things work in the United States. Its the the exact opposite. The prosecution needs to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt. The fact that your mind works in the fashioned where the accused have to prove their innocence shows a great deal about your mental make up.

You are so cute. Look how you stand up for Justice! You didn't notice how "impeachment was off the table" and "investigating war crimes was off the table." I'm sure your hero Dick Cheney -- who is so worthy of trust, won't have to ever endure the need to be proven guilty. Not while we have tea-baggers and the gullible. I'm engaging in wishful thinking -- as if the CIA magically gave up on helping multinationals in Latin America subvert Democracies to keep unions at bay and resources cheap -- and then realized they needed to actually protect America from real threats.

How is Dick Cheney, deserving of Constitutional rights if he wants to deny other's those rights? How can you justify it for yourself -- when you stand behind people who do? I'm thinking, as long as NeoCons are happy with suspending the Constitution (during this time of peril), let's follow their lead.

What's the difference between a 100,000 innocent Iraqis and one Dick Cheney? Location, location, location.

No, the way things work is that we only begin investigations of crooks like Cheney AFTER we've proven to the Media and NeoCons beyond a reasonable doubt that they are guilty and that some Democrat didn't do something similar elsewhere on the planet. Of course, they were the ones who investigated themselves -- so there is no evidence of wrongdoing -- just a trail of blood and the guy who survived torture for 4 years kills himself a few weeks before he is due to see a court room.

I'm all for a fair trial. But we don't do that anymore. AIG was committing fraud -- anyone even under indictment?

The issue isn't about me and my opinions. But of course, some folks will excuse anything the dear leaders come up with by redirecting the issue. I'm the crazy Liberal with ax? No -- this is an American after justice has been denied. We had the Fed and Wall Street in cahoots rip us off. We had the Bush administration lie us into war. We had torture, treason and an assault on our Constitution.

No guilty people have gone to jail but certainly a few heroic whistleblowers have been demonized.

I'm sure everyone is so incredibly shocked about Pelosi -- shocked!

And of course, now the NeoCons are worried about Mexico's problems spilling over. While Glenn Beck talks sedition and klansmen buy bullets.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
It might be interesting to keep in mind that Gaddaffi, President of the African Union, and President of Libya as well, was a long time member of those considered 'terrorists.'

Now, years after we bombed and killed even his children, he is holding the lynch-pin prisoner for us. Why would that have happened?

If this was the single direct link testimony, what the heck was he doing in Libya, as opposed to, oh I don't know..., Guantanamo? Didn't they think he would be safe enough there?

Slightly off-topic: Multi-day sleep deprivation is used to condition minds..., even to the point of manufacturing suicidal depression. Coupled with the horrors of physical pain, and controlled near-death-terror, one might expect that other such 'high-value' prisoners may suffer similar fates.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by Maxmars]

After the first batch of torture photos were released -- the CIA and Military lost its nerve and the interrogations ceased. That's why they rendered these people to other countries. They even had a nice cruise ship as their "Hostel on the sea."

It makes me sick. They had some Dubai prince come over and torture about 25 people for a few hours. You might find a bit of that video on YouTube. When not trying to force confessions -- apparently they used these prisoners as entertainment for foreign friends and reprobates.

If John Wayne Gacey hadn't been caught, he'd probably be a no-bid contractor for these freaks today.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

The Arabic media is ablaze with the news that Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi, the emir of an Afghan training camp — whose claim that Saddam Hussein had been involved in training al-Qaeda operatives in the use of chemical and biological weapons was used to justify the invasion of Iraq — has died in a Libyan jail. So far, however, the only English language report is on the Algerian website Ennahar Online, which reported that the Libyan newspaper Oea stated that al-Libi (aka Ali Abdul Hamid al-Fakheri) “was found dead of suicide in his cell,” and noted that the newspaper had reported the story “without specifying the date or method of suicide.”

This news resolves, in the grimmest way possible, questions that have long been asked about the whereabouts of Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi, perhaps the most famous of “America’s Disappeared” — prisoners seized in the “War on Terror,” who were rendered not to Guantánamo but to secret prisons run by the CIA or to the custody of governments in third countries — often their own — where, it was presumed, they would never be seen or heard from again. andyworthington.co.uk
(emphasis mine)

It is obvious that he was sent to Libya precisely because he wasn't safe there.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
These guys are smarter than we would ever like to give them credit for. We know they are up to something, we know it's no good, and they know some people would love to prove it.

If we are hearing about this guy, it's likely a Red Herring, some trail they would like to have followed that they know either ultimately leads no where or leads to their absolute vindication.

The fact that this man wasn't held in Cuba, that he wasn't picked up in Afghanistan, or Iraq or Saudi Arabia suggests he is a bird of an entirely different feather.

In the mean time while they lure people in to following the bait they will keep quietly working behind the scenes, through the current administration, through key allies and business partners to keep erasing the phorensic trail, to keep distancing themselves, and to plant a little diversion here and there.

Don't understimate these people, they have been pulling these tricks for decades, centuries, maybe even thousands of years. Bush and Cheney might be the public face on a conspiracy but I would wager they aren't the driving force of the conspiracy or operating solely for their own gain.

One way or another this is a good lesson to remember for skeptics and conspiracy theorists alike always on the hunt for proof.

Knowing some things can drastically alter a person's life expectancy.

Sorry I have no link to post to prove that!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilAxis

Seriously, who cares if Pelosi lied or not UNTIL we've prosecuted people who approved and conducted torture.

We let the bad guys go, to go after someone THEY accuse of letting them get away with it?

The CIA and Bush told us they weren't conducting torture -- the FBI says that's false. Now the CIA -- or at least Bush friendly CIA people, are telling you that Pelosi new about it. Was that in the same breathe that they said; "we don't torture." Or was it like this; "Anyone who says that the CIA condones torture is a crackpot. But if we did, Nancy Pelosi was fully briefed about what we were going to do, and we should all be shocked and outraged."

The CIA supported Bush's claims about WMDs in Iraq, and then others inside the CIA had to leak out that their own investigations, sending 40 Iraqi families back into the country, found there were no WMDs. And really, anyone can create these neuro-toxins with a few thousand dollars and the only WMD that matters is Nukes -- but not even some bogus VX gas.

Do you seriously think that these guys, who had been spying with the NSA before 9/11, who had been planning the invasion of Iraq for 20 years when the PNAC was formed, who had committed crimes, and were doing torture BEFORE the one meeting -- the only meeting they ever had with Pelosi, were going to risk this whole enterprise by telling Pelosi they were breaking all the laws that mattered?

Come on -- it's not like lying to the speaker of the House is a big risk compared to illegal spying, wars, torture and embezzling.

If we want the vaunted reputation of the CIA to be impugned -- it isn't so long ago in recorded history that the head of the CIA resigned over the Hookers and Poker at the Watergate Hotel.

Do we HAVE TO FORGET EVERYTHING when these NeoCon stooges make an accusation?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is disgusting and totally supports my threads that I have been arguing with idiots saying torture is right as long as it against "enemy combatants". I am sickened by this...

torture continues at gitmo

CIA refuses to turn over torture tape documents

CIA Official: No Proof Harsh Techniques Stopped Terror Attacks

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

reply to post by EvilAxis

Seriously, who cares if Pelosi lied or not UNTIL we've prosecuted people who approved and conducted torture.

Couldn't agree with you more.

Pelosi's situation, unless she was aware at the time that the key evidence justifying the Iraq war was obtained in this manner, is a completely different issue that the one discussed in the OP.

Namely the use of torture to obtain information they wanted manufactured rather than the truth.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Namely that the entire premise of the war in Iraq was indeed manufactured in order to legitimize a pre-existing agenda.

LOL, like that is a big secret.

Good post, star and flag.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

yes yes yes we all know all that stuff and we have already talked about that to death. I don't know why you people bother because Bush is not going to be charged with anything.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Jester

yes yes yes we all know all that stuff and we have already talked about that to death. I don't know why you people bother because Bush is not going to be charged with anything.

Some of us bother because hundreds of thousands of people are now dead as a result of this, as you call it, "stuff."

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

So what are you going to do about it? cry? Its the truth that they are not going to charge Bush with anything so why bother.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Jester

So what are you going to do about it? cry?

As a matter of fact yes, I have cried about it, especially at funerals.

Its the truth that they are not going to charge Bush with anything so why bother.

Because you won't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join