It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's 'Smoking Gun' Witness Found Dead of 'Apparent Suicide'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Bush's 'Smoking Gun' Witness Found Dead of 'Apparent Suicide'

www.salem-news.com

The cover-up of Bush-era crimes is taking a shocking but not unexpected turn. A fateful move has been made and it is certain to backfire.
A prisoner who was horribly tortured in 2002 until he agreed - at the demand of Bush torturers - to say that al-Qaeda was linked to Saddam Hussein is suddenly dead
Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have died and tens of thousands of U.S. service members have either been killed or badly wounded in a war that was based on lies fortified and promoted by tortur
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sundayherald.com
www.guardian.co.uk

[edit on 19 May 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Although the above are statements from a group named IndictBushNow.org, the story is confirmed by the numerous news sources I have provided.

What we have here is yet another "mysterious" death of an individual who had the information to connect the dots to substantiate once and for all what most of us already know to be true.

Namely that the entire premise of the war in Iraq was indeed manufactured in order to legitimize a pre-existing agenda.

The testimony of the man who supposedly connected Al-Quada to Iraq was obtained under extreme torture, from a man who ended up saying what was required to save his life.

Ibn al-Sheikh al-Libi, the man who told of a phony connection between former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda while being tortured, has died in a Libyan prison, allegedly of suicide. Al-Libi was the unnamed source that former Secretary of State Colin Powell and other Bush administration officials relied upon prior to the invasion of Iraq in 2003 to demonstrate that Saddam was helping the terrorist organization behind the September 11 attacks. Powell’s February 5, 2003, speech before the United Nations was largely based on al-Libi’s coerced testimony, even though intelligence officials in the U.S. government questioned it at the time. (allgov)

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

His self preserving testimony however did not save his life, it only extended it for a mere few more years.

Now, as before, we are left wondering what the details of the true story really are. Though there is very little doubt left that so many people have died needless deaths, under false premises, to satisfy the ambitions of the few.

Make of it what you will, the lies will keep piling up.

FOIA Request

Other related links:

CNN
NYT
AllGov
www.salem-news.com

(visit the link for the full news article)

+6 more 
posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Yeah you've got to love the guys name.

Al-Libi = ALIBI

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I have to say, the dead keep their secrets and the living get their testicles electrocuted for their "secrets". Sad. Disgusting. I want to vomit. This country. This world. When will it all end? And it is not like we don't deserve it. The universe can be cruel, celestial events and such, be we have a choice on how we humans treat other humans, and we have failed miserably. I want to die just thinking about all the pain and anguish that we wage on others. plucky is sad, indeed.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Poor taste, know your audience, get some classes in sensitivity, check your pulse to make sure it is not as cold as your "witty" quips. plucky is mad at you.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
From CNN:

The newspaper report said he had committed suicide, and the group is asking Libya to conduct a "full and transparent" investigation into his death.edition.cnn.com...

I doubt anyone's going to hold their breath while they wait for this "full and transparent" investigation or it's results.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

I doubt anyone's going to hold their breath while they wait for this "full and transparent" investigation or it's results.

They might as well have said "fair and balanced."

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Sorry to offend...I was making reference to the article about this posted the other day. Most people didn't believe the article then, as it was somebody's blog. The OP states this is why he posted, because it's now hit the MSM.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
the dead keep their secrets

You hit the nail pretty square on the head with that one.

Al-Libi told the CIA in 2004 that he had made up the story "in order to gain better treatment" and avoid being shipped to Egypt, the Intelligence Committee reported.

It would seem this fellow started to say stuff that irked a few people in powerful places. They should think of more creative methods to "silence" people like this, the whole "apparent suicide" thing is getting a little old. Nowadays, whenever anyone who knows something commits suicide it is fairly obvious they were knocked-off. Banking executives, alternative-energy pioneers, and political prisoners must all be facing some serious psychological issues to be killing themselves at such alarming rates.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Nice find,

Total plant, they laugh at the ones that dont realize this most likely

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Here we have the truth about torture: Make people say what you want them to say. Why else should anyone use technics that are ineffective and unreliable.

They don't use it for the good, but for manipulating the masses.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I remember how all the witnesses started dying in creative ways after JFK's assassination, almost like there was a pattern to it, if you catch my drift. It creates degrees of separation from the crime.....

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wachstum
Here we have the truth about torture: Make people say what you want them to say. Why else should anyone use technics that are ineffective and unreliable.

They don't use it for the good, but for manipulating the masses.

And therein lies the ultimate deception.

We know that torture is mostly ineffective in acquiring truthful information, in this case, this is precisely the reason why it was used ...

To acquire the desired lies.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Problem with this theory is that this guy's testimony would have proved nothing. He would have to prove that they tortured him and prove that the interrogators knew he story to be false. That isn't provable. When It comes down to it, even if this guy was alive, he testimony would not be the smoking gun. A lot more than an accused terrorist's testimony would be needed to indict anyone, much less a former President. There needs to be actual proof, and sorry to say, but an imprisoned and accused terrorist would not fall into the category of a credible witness. Chances are that he never would have been allowed to testify legally due to national security risks. Point is, there would be no reason to kill this guy now. Most likely he did kill himself. He was in prison for near a decade, with no hope of release, and in Libyan prison to boot. That is a recipe for suicide.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

There needs to be actual proof, and sorry to say, but an imprisoned and accused terrorist would not fall into the category of a credible witness.

I see, so his testimony was credible enough to be the lynchpin of the Al-Quada - Iraq connection but not credible enough to provide the "smoking gun."

Which is it?

Edit to add:

al-Libi was severely tortured, including by water-boarding, into confessing that al-Qaida was working with Saddam Hussain on obtaining chemical and biological weapons in order to kill Americans. This information was submitted to Colin Powell, the then US secretary of state, who argued the case for war against Iraq based heavily on this information – which he described as credible and reliable guardian

(emphasis mine)

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by johnny2127

There needs to be actual proof, and sorry to say, but an imprisoned and accused terrorist would not fall into the category of a credible witness.

I see, so his testimony was credible enough to be the lynchpin of the Al-Quada - Iraq connection but not credible enough to provide the "smoking gun."

Which is it?

Edit to add:

al-Libi was severely tortured, including by water-boarding, into confessing that al-Qaida was working with Saddam Hussain on obtaining chemical and biological weapons in order to kill Americans. This information was submitted to Colin Powell, the then US secretary of state, who argued the case for war against Iraq based heavily on this information – which he described as credible and reliable guardian

(emphasis mine)

Sadly, that is exactly how it works. Much how witnesses many times are discredited based on their admitted criminal history. Its very easy in a court of law to make the case that the most truthful this accused terrorist ever was, was under duress. And that now because of that duress he is being untruthful for vindictive purposes and to get back at the US. I am not saying that is what I believe, just that this man would not be the smoking gun. Smoking gun would be something like a taped conversation where Bush and/or Cheney knew the information was false. Thats a smoking gun. Many people have said that the witnessed or were told there were no WMD's and the govt knew it. These people include former CIA agents, FBI, Homeland Security and White House workers. None of those were the smoking gun and much more credible and a direct connection than an accused terrorist. Point is, even if Bush Cheney did manufacture data to support the invasion, this guy isn't the smoking gun. This guy couldn't prove that Bush Cheney ordered false data to be created. Even if he was allowed to testify, all he could say was that he was tortured and told a lie to get them to stop. It would prove nothing in a court of law.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Poor taste, know your audience, get some classes in sensitivity, check your pulse to make sure it is not as cold as your "witty" quips. plucky is mad at you.

Plucky, I suspect the person you should be mad at for the witty quip is the CIA officer who found it amusing to invent this name and force it on his victim.

Not that I know that's what happened, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

The evil in this world is beyond measure.
Luckily, so is the good.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Oh what tangled webs we weave when first we practice to deceive!'

Lies, upon lies and fabrications upon fabrications.

At the bottom of the heap, rotting away is the truth and that's why it is rarely uncovered whole!

Sickening world with too many sickening people in it!

Bring on that Brown Star!

I'm ready!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

A prisoner who was horribly tortured in 2002 until he agreed - at the demand of Bush torturers

This was a rendition case, meaning the prisioner was sent to Egypt, where the Egyptians tortured him. The article is mis-leading in that manner. I'm not saying that the Bush administration had nothing to do with the torture, I just wanted to be as factually accurate as possible.

Here is a article about it. It goes to say

Under torture after his rendition to Egypt, al Libi had provided a confession of how Saddam Hussein had been training al Qaeda in chemical weapons

-E-

[edit on 19-5-2009 by MysterE]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

A star for you. The universe works in mysterious ways.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join