It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England. Go or not to go.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
If this is in the wrong spot please move mods. Which I know you will

I had a dream last night, that (let me put, my sister just married a guy named James, he's from England, and they were married in December of 08') I moved to England in 2010 April specifically, i've got a few obligations until that date, which would allow me to move freely and guiltlessly around the world.

The dream was me moving to England, and moving in with his parents, (whom I did meet as I gave my sister away due to my father passing away in November the month before.) after I moved in, I got a job, I think a simple McDonalds type job, and eventually moved out and started living normally.

Now the weird thing is I hardly ever think of moving or my sisters side of the family now, which struck me in awe this morning, i've always dreamt (wanted) to move to Australia, but also England a little less.

I did what anyone would do, I text my sister my dream. She immediately text back. "WHY DON'T YOU DO IT THEN''! I was suprirsed I thought I'd get a simple, your stupid, or ahaha funny, but see was serious and so was her husband. They had already decided it ok by the time I got the text.

I don't listen to dreams but this stuck to me, and I have time to gather everything up as it would be in almost a year from now, I can easily move and lived like an army brat, but wasn't just a very nomadic family I guess.

Has anyone else, gone on what a Dream said and found it useful, if not I am planning on doing it anyways, what's life if it's not and adventure! I have no comfort zone, so leaving a country AGAIN, wouldn't be a big shock to me.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Just do it. Don't sit and think about it, just deal with what you have to deal with and go. What could the worst outcome be? That you don't like England and move on somewhere else? Scotland is beautiful!
Seriously...if you have the space in your life, and the lack of committments, go for it, and don' tbe thinking in 10 or 20 years time...oh I wish....

Anr you have family there too...that't makes it much easier.

Cait x

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

My family is either deceased or differenced themselves from me, religion wise, so they don't have to speak to me. So until April I am commited, after then I am a free man so to speak.

I figure if I renew my passport, apply for a visa now, and save money I could make it, I need to do a lot of research on school and etc there. Wondering what I need to look for though too also.

I have no commitments, as a narcissist, I've left all friends abandoned, sadly to say, but I use them like cigs burn em out then pick a new one up.

I'm ready to start new in a new country and learn the world as it is, no matter how bad, even signed up for the peace corps, just in case.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Just to say, I've been acting on, whims, lately, saw a Carter Blood drive bus, and usually pass them by, and decided why not, why the hell not just give blood. So I did, and they've been very nice since, and will continously give blood from now on.

How bad can a whim be. I mean what do I have to lose.

Want to see others opinions though.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Do you want to come and study here? Here's the link to the overseas student section of UCAS, the agency through which all college and university places in the UK have to go....

www.ucas.ac.uk...

It also has some links which might me useful for you. I hope this helps!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

thank you for that, I guess i'm going to take this seriously, as though it shouldn't 'not' be taken seriously.

I'm looking forward to it, a bit of time to plan to! Thanks for the help!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

And suggested by the picture of Dr Who. I have been to England many a time, and found it quite loverly!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

My advice would be to ignore the dream cos England is not a nice place.
I hate it and would give anythin to be able to live in the USA.
We're overcrowded and monitored in everything we do.Plus our government is totally corrupt and only look after the rich---the poor get forgotten here.
However we do have some nice countryside and Cait is right about Scotland being a gorgeous place to visit.
But live here ???
No way

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

I have to dissagree. England and Ireland, were great when I first went.

top topics

join