It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is liberalism becoming too anti-male and anti-European?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'm a liberal all the way, but lately I've noticed that a lot of liberals who are generally really cool, open minded people have really irrational beliefs about men and people of European descent.

Like, that they are all born with a silver spoon in their mouth, are all violent, racist and sexist jerks, etc.

Feminists sometimes forget that men were oppressed for their role about as often as women were for theirs.

If you were a woman, you didn't have to go to war, or work (raising kids is much nicer than doing hard labor all day, and more rewarding).

Yes, an attractive woman gets a lot of unwanted attention, but what about the men who aren't attractive and are completely ignored by the opposite sex? Is that really any better?

Secondly, I've noticed some liberals who demonize the culture of people of European descent, especially people of Anglo-Saxon/colonial heritage.

While I admit I find many, many aspects of this culture repulsive, it's not like all the other cultures in the world are the epitome of goodness.

Take Africa. Europeans came in and destroyed the place, and when they left - the natives took over and their rulers continued to destroy it.

I hope other Liberal minded people get that you can not blame one sex, or one race for the world's problems, all you can do is just make sure we do it better in the future.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
what do you guys think?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think its the natural whiplash of things: women were in fact given the short end of the stick for so long that now that they are coming into their own it will create a vacuum where men will find themselves in a few decades. Everything works in cycles and unfortunately this is just another one.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
I think its the natural whiplash of things: women were in fact given the short end of the stick for so long that now that they are coming into their own it will create a vacuum where men will find themselves in a few decades. Everything works in cycles and unfortunately this is just another one.

What I'm saying is did they really?

I think being either sex in those days would have been pretty terrible. The feminist movements says all the ways women had it bad, which are all true, but they omit all the ways men had it bad.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
As to most of it, it seems like a rather large brush to paint with. That being said, there are quite a lot of superficial thinkers out there with ridiculous notions about people.

I'm pretty used to it by now. I did, however, want to comment on this point:

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
Yes, an attractive woman gets a lot of unwanted attention, but what about the men who aren't attractive and are completely ignored by the opposite sex? Is that really any better?

Personally I think it's nonsense for women to get angry that a man is peak at the packages. Women that have something even slightly worth showing off, and even some who really DON'T, stick a fair portion of the goods in open air and leave little to the imagination with the tightness of their clothing.

Why get mad when you put it out there to look at?

Stupid if you ask me.

new topics

top topics

join