Enhanced Singular Individuals?

page: 1

join

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying that I have ALWAYS been interested in things like TK, ESP, Levitation, etc... Although I have not had time to go in depth looking at all the information on these things, i would really like to see if they can be learned...that being said, lets move on.

So, last night my buddy pulled me away from my college work to watch this movie called "Push". As I was watching it thinking how cool it would be to develop something like the powers in the movie, i started to think about how lately, I keep seeing things like this go more mainstream. For example, it's not just comic books anymore...Lately, and correct me if I'm wrong, there have been an awful lot of superhero movies coming out, plus the show "Heroes" (awesome), now this movie too....which got me thinking about how the media loves to desensitize us to things...for exapmle ufo's ailens (but thats a totally different thread :lol

I found myself thinking "could something like this really happen? And then i remembered a document i read not long ago. Yes, it is from DARPA, but the way the author speaks, he seems pretty sure that this will happen (has already happened). here's the link:

www.csl.army.mil...

I think i might be onto something here. If it is primarily an evolutionary thing, then I'm sure people will know about it, but if it is primarily a technological thing as discussed in the above article, it could easily be kept secret at first...e.g. "hey man, you're crazy, this is real life, not a freakin movie".

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BrainPower

"The forbidden Planet" Beware of the Id, the id will destroy you or your friends, enemies.
With these powers you must be aware and in control at all time, else the Id will come out of it's sick demented Ego and kill everyone.
That's why everyone does not have it, to many egos, may come out under extreme circumstance.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by googolplex]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

i agree that if this were the case, and everyone all of the sudden developed superpowers bad things would happen.

in the report i linked though, it compares obtaining "superpowers" in the future to getting plastic surgery today.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It's easy to do this on the astral plane, I don't know if there are any consequences.
I remember once though on the physical plane I wanted to punch this guy in the jaw and break his jaw, being nonviolent I did nothing.
I found it quite strange when within 5 minutes his jaw was broken in 3 places, his head swelled up like a water melon, but I did nothing to him physical.
I felt kind of bad when I saw him in hospital the next day.
Like they say be careful what you wish for, or maybe what you think..

[edit on 19-5-2009 by googolplex]

new topics

join