It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panetta: Location of All Pakistan's Nukes Not Known

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Panetta: Location of All Pakistan's Nukes Not Known

www.foxnews.com

LOS ANGELES -- CIA Director Leon Panetta said Monday the United States does not know the location of all of Pakistan's nuclear weapons but is confident the country has them secure.

Panetta spoke days after the top U.S. military officer told Congress there is evidence Pakistan is adding to its nuclear weapons systems and warheads. Pakistan, however, denies it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This story just shows the ineptitude that plagues our intelligence community.

We are hoping that may be Pakistan has all their nuclear weapons secure and accounted for. Is that what it all comes down too? Talking about a country with a political situation so fragile that the number #1 enemy of the US was almost able to overthrow the current government and our intelligence community is just praying and wishing that those nuclear weapons are secure?

This is completely absurd...even if we don't know, Panettal shouldn't have come out and say so publicly.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Bunch]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Just a quick question:

Do other countries know the location of all the nukes in the US?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by haika
Just a quick question:

Do other countries know the location of all the nukes in the US?

I dont know but I tell you is either one of these 3:

1.Yes they know

2. They are actively trying to know where they are

3. Other countries intelligence chiefs are not going to be some dumb to say this type of comment.

This is not an issue about America vs the world, this is an issue about the safety of pretty much the entire population of this planet and I'm going to explain you why.

With his comment Director Panetta has signal not only the Taliban, but pakistani officials that are supportive of the Taliban that those are in the thousand some of them high ranking, any other rogue intelligence official, religous fanatic or anyone with a motive, that is ok to give out some of the Pakistani nukes because the US can account for them.

That statement is the cover that someone in the Pakistani goverment could use for two things:
A. Put a nuke in the hands of Taliban or any other terrorist organization

B. Hit the US or any other country with a surprise nuclear detonation.

The point is not do other countries know, the point is the US need to know!! Specially like I said in my OP with the Taliban capability of overthrowing the current Pakistani government, who do you think would be possesion of that nuclear arsenal?

Oh the flip side, and totally changing the subject I think this is good for UFO enthusiast, with Biden and Panetta divulging all kinds of classified and sensitive information this early in the game by the end of Obama 4 year term we are going to be able to hear about all kinds of Alien races,with these guys with their food-in mouth disease is just a matter of time so stay tuned.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by haika

Exactly.. The only ones who seem to take 'intelligence' seriously are the Brits, US, Chinese, Russians and Israelis... Noone else seems to care.

And how is the US intelligence supposed to know the whereabouts of every Nuke in an unstable country like Pakistan?
Also, what business is it of theirs to come out with it in a press statement.
Finally, Who cares? Intelligence agencies the world over are complete scumbags and are the cause of most of the worlds conflicts. It wouldnt surprise me if the US intelligence are saying this in order to get away with giving the Taliban a nuke which in turn would give the US a reason to invade Pakistan..

top topics

join