It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town halls hire citizen snoopers as young as SEVEN to spy on neighbours and report wrongs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Children as young as seven are being recruited by councils to act as 'citizen snoopers', the Daily Mail can reveal.

The 'environment volunteers' will report on litter louts, noisy neighbours - and even families putting their rubbish out on the wrong day.
source
< br />
Did a search and didn't see this, sorry if it's already been posted.

Apparently children are being recruited to spy on their neighbors. Sound familiar? Every totalitarian regime i've ever heard about has incorporated these types of tactics. If the police can't catch you acting in a counterrevolutionary manner, maybe your neighbors can. Then it's off to the reeducation camp with you.

Wonder just how long it will be until we start to see this here in the US?

TA

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Wow.

George Orwell must be rolling in his grave right about now.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Does kinda sound like the Junior Spies in "1984," doesn't it? Truly scary times we are living in. Personally, i've got a no snitching policy, but that's just me. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who don't feel the same as i do on the subject.

TA

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Wow this is very interesting but at the same time very strange! I wonder if they give the kids binoculars and dress them up in camo for their special "Missions". jk

Interesting Story!

new topics

top topics

join