It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ventura on The View: If waterboarding is fine, why don't cops do it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Ventura on The View: If waterboarding is fine, why don't cops do it?

rawstory.com

f waterboarding is okay, why don’t we let our police do it to suspects to learn what they know?” he asked to a chorus of applause.

“That’s an interesting question,” Hasselbeck said. “I understand that question.”

“If waterboarding is okay, why didn’t we waterboard [Timothy] McVeigh and [Terry] Nichols, the Oklahoma City bombers, to find out if there were more people involved? What’s your answer to that?” he asked. “We only seem to waterboard Muslims.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Very interesting point from Mr. Ventura. What can you really say to that? It is a very valid question that pretty much ends the debate. Imagine cops doing this to American citizens! No way we would stand for it.

The whole deal just makes America look weak and desperate. Video speaks for itself, not much more I can say here.

Any pro-waterboarders have a rebuttal?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

You know, if there was a person I could personally get to be active on these forums, it would be Mr. Ventura.

I know he can get out there sometimes, but the majority of his messages are spot on to most.

He should be a regular on "the view", I actually might watch it then.

-edit- If you know Mr. Ventura (6 degrees of separation and all.... ) please extend a warm invitation for him to grace our fine boards. I think we could all be enlightened a bit with his opinions.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

[edit on 18-5-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Mr. Ventura becoming a regular on the view would be priceless, I think i would watch as well. I would love to see Jesse doing some posting on ATS, if he isn't already with a cool pen name.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The former Gov sure has a "no-nonsense" approach to many delimas we in this country face. He has sure got a point, I think if criminals knew that they could be waterboarded, crime would surley go down. But I am still on the fence about it. I know that some military members go through it in their advanced training. What to do???

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I can't believe I just watched The View

I wouldn't hate it so much if that red headed woman wasn't on there. The way she looks talks and thinks, drives me up a wall!

Mr. Ventura makes a good arguement, and I feel safe enough that the police won't catch wind and start waterboarding civilian suspects.

I doubt Ventura would be a regular on the view, I always thought it was like a feminist show, only women can be hosts.

I'd assume the only rebuttal for pro waterboarders is that all is fair in love and war....

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well he was on Hannity's show today and I wasn't very impressed. It was as if he was blaming Bush for everything. I thought he had a better grasp on how things really work, I guess not.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
He makes a statement that I didn't really even realize....if waterboarding is ok (which I DON'T think it is)...why not do it to everyone.

If it's not bad....it would be a great way to get info out of your kids when they are fibbing!

I wonder if Sean Hannity will take up that offer!

Waterboarding is torture....to feel like you are drowning is to feel like you are dying...

If that's not torture....then nothing is.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

To see if your kids are fibbing or not, I actually laughed, not cause its funny persay, but just how ridiculous an idea that would be!

Which did make me see alittle more just how insane it is, I remember in the 08 debates, when they asked McCain about it, he had a disturbed look in his eye, that I doubt could be faked by even the greatest actors, that was sound enough for me to totally be against it. Noone should ever get that look in their eyes. Just the hopelessness and pain he showed when they asked him... it was mighty intense.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Wow. That is a powerful question. Thank you VERY much for posting this video. I too would watch the view if Blain was a regular. I am sure he would say...

"This place makes Cambodia look like Kansas..."

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I actually saw that earlier, my mom showed it to me, but she was more showing me that someone finally wouldn't put up with Elisabeth (thank God, I've been waiting for that for forever).

I don't know much about him, or his policies, but I have to say that I agreed with just about everything he said, especially about the waterboarding. I know that that is probably no where even close to the worst form of torture committed by the US, but that doesn't make it right. And hey, if the police started waterboarding everyone, maybe crime would go down (that doesn't mean that I am for it though).

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Ugh, all those woman on there know NOTHING. Every time you watch that show, it's just a bunch of cackling heads. I'm not being sexist, but this particular batch of hosts is defective. Hasselbeck is the dumbest of them all.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by EctoCooler HiC]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

yeah...it's crazy to think if people actually did that.

I'm not a big Ventura guy to say the least...I don't know much of what he stands for or what he believes in.

But he did make a great point. It does seem that we are only waterboarding muslims...

Have we waterboarded anyone else lately that wasn't a muslim?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I agree with Jesse. Waterboarding is torture. I disagree that we shouldn't use it on suspected terrorist. SWaterboarding is mild, compared to what I can think of to do to those who are suspected of attacking our country. Call me a patriot, o a super patriot, or a nut job, if you choose. I really don't care. These freaks cut the heads off of people and post it on the internet, and broadcast it on Al-jeezera TV.
What's the freaking difference?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If water-boarding is good, why don't cops do it?

If tazering people is good, why don't cops do it? Aha! They do. It must be good!

If walking around outside naked is good, why don't cops do it? It must be bad.

If performing unreasonable searches and seizures is good, why don't cops do it! OH! They do it! It must be good!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Anybody have a transcript?

I refuse to watch the view.

I like Ventura, but as many have said, he can get way out there.

I think in 2012 The Body should run with Uncle Teddy as VP.

Apart they are extremist, but together they could be the perfect team that alot of you thought Obama was going to be.

Their campaign slogan could be.

Work hard and leave us alone. We are to busy hunting to mess with you, so don't mess with us.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
The former Gov sure has a "no-nonsense" approach to many delimas we in this country face. He has sure got a point, I think if criminals knew that they could be waterboarded, crime would surley go down. But I am still on the fence about it. I know that some military members go through it in their advanced training. What to do???

I don't think he's suggesting we do it more often, I think he's just saying how if it was done to ordinary citizens, we would not stand for it.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It's good to know that I'm not alone in my thinking. He breaks this down in very simple terms, and really that is what all this is about. There is nothing mystical about someone in power changing the rules to justify their actions, and creating a conditioned environment that supports the rules they altered. The real issue is overlooked by MSM and a majority of our representatives. Ventura points out the issue, MSM deflects the issue by saying it's more complicated than that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join