It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broadcasters fined for Prank Call to Fidel Castro...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I just love News of the Weird. You can find more weird news there. Now, I was never tempted to call up foreign dictators and chat with them, but apparently some Miami radio disc jokeys were.

MIAMI, Florida (Reuters) -- Two Miami radio hosts who duped Cuban President Fidel Castro with a prank call are soliciting pennies from their fans to pay a $4,000 fine proposed by U.S. regulators because of the on-air stunt.

www.cnn.com...

As one of the hosts said, "We prank-called a head of state in a country that is considered hostile to the United States. He's a violator of human rights and they're fining us $4,000. We just find it absurd."

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
"After getting Castro to agree to hunt for the suitcase, they called him a killer and told him he was on a Miami radio show. Castro replied with a string of curses and hung up."

That is so funny. They could have talked him into talking about all kinds of things. And he is running a country

In the report it said they where fined because they didnt tell him he was on the air. atleast thats what I got from the report.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What a useless rule-obsessed bunch of jobsworths they are. I wonder if they'd do the same if someone made a hoax call to bin Laden ?

"Hi Osama, Dubya here. Did you get the WMD's ready for us to plant in Iraq yet, you old scoundrel ?"

It would be worth the $4000 fine to hear that

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Where did they get his number from?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This has been covered already

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Thats what i wanna know! How did they get his number?

I wonder what would happen if I called him at ungodly hours in the night and started breathing heavily on the phone! God, Cuba really is in the dark ages. You would think Castro would have caller ID and unidentified number block!

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
What a useless rule-obsessed bunch of jobsworths they are. I wonder if they'd do the same if someone made a hoax call to bin Laden ?

"Hi Osama, Dubya here. Did you get the WMD's ready for us to plant in Iraq yet, you old scoundrel ?"

It would be worth the $4000 fine to hear that

LOL!!!!
I'd pay to hear that! I wonder where they got his number though...

top topics

join