It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's prime minister says he wants to resume peace talks with Palestinians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Israel's prime minister says he wants to resume peace talks with Palestinians

www.latimes.com

Reporting from Washington -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told President Obama at a White House meeting today that he wanted to resume peace negotiations with the Palestinians, but he stopped short of embracing a fully sovereign Palestinian state, as the Obama administration has been pressing him to do.

After his first meeting with the U.S. president, Netanyahu said he wanted Israel to live peacefully with the Palestinians. First, however, the Palestinians must recognize Israel "as a Jewish state" and forgo some common trappings of statehood, he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yeah we have heard this one before. I'll link to a video of the meeting. I like how Obama put Netanyahu off a bit when he was asked about Iran and he said lets see how things happen the rest of the year. I dont think Netanyahu liked that statement. To me it seemed that Obama was telling Iran and Israel that the US was going to take a wait and see attitude.

Meeting Video Link

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Netanyahu just gives me the creeps!

This guy is to me gives me the impression of being the isreali version of Ahmadinejad for some reason...nothing good would come out of this IMO. A bunch of lunatic fanatics running the most fragile political regions of the world.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Bunch]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

First, however, the Palestinians must recognize Israel "as a Jewish state" and forgo some common trappings of statehood, he said.

Israel won't agree to enter into negotiations until Palestine agrees to give it everything it wants FROM the negotiations.

How is that even sane?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Same source as above.
I wonder if Israel wants tit for tat over Iran?
It wouldn't surprise me if that's what they have been talking about.

During the private session, Obama pressed Netanyahu "strongly" on the need for a separate Palestinian state, a White House aide said, describing the meeting on condition of anonymity.

Obama prodded Israel to ease its restrictions on the movement of construction materials into Gaza, following Israel military offensive over the winter. Israel is barring access to some materials, fearing they could be used by militants.

new topics

top topics

join