It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it really so hard to be like Jesus??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
All you need to do, to be like Jesus, is be poor.

That's it.

Because being poor, or having little means, will teach you all about the Creator's mysteries. Being 'homeless' like Jesus, would be all the life-trial you'd need.

Have I been homeless? Sure, for short periods of time. Have I slept on the ground? No, because of the kindness of human beings. I am not Jesus, but I know what he meant, and his words ring true to me. Yeah, I try to be 'like him' in many ways but I know also people have pinned their donkey-tails onto his image (created it, in fact).

Here we have scripture describing where Jesus said to hate your family. Empy heads will try to take that at face value. I'd like to ignore that (and the basis of Luke or his gospel) and cut to the chase:

When Jesus rebuked Judas about the poor? Yeah well, Jesus was poor and they all knew it. When he said, "You will always have the poor with you" what he was saying was larger in meaning, because he was rebuking Judas telling him, "I am poor, Judas." I am speculating that they all understood his reply, and were ashamed.

So if you are poor, Jesus said you can be happy. I have observed that the Indians have already known this, even when the Protest-ants hadn't gone to sea yet.

So yes, I am saying that the indians and all native poor peoples of the Earth are the true Christians. The problem is that non-materialists may try to co-opt that spirituality/poverty discussion.

So just be poor, and maybe then you'll get your mouth shut, like Jesus did to his followers all the time. Yes, I am telling you for sure that Jesus spent his time leaving people speechless. There was a silence of stupifaction which followed him. When he talked, everyone shut the hell up, and listened.

Who the hell would listen to someone who has no money? A lot of it has to do with the crowds. How does the bumper sticker go, "Lord save me from your followers"?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Just look at old GWB following what "Jesus" told him...

I think George W Bush followed Satan in His actions. I don't think that man was a very reliable decision maker on any front. Even if he was just a figurehead. He always said he "turned to the good Lord for strength" and talks about the "God he knows."

[edit on 5/19/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

i bet you're right!

...the "God he knows" is apparently not the same one who created light, love, humbleness, servitude, empathy, and compassion!

anyway, he's not the one who was running the show; he was just getting his strings pulled by those high above... and i'm not talking about angels!

[edit on 19-5-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Their God is the God of Money, the God of Greed. Why would they put the 'All Seeing Eye of God" and "In God we Trust" in the one-dollar bill??

The same God they used, in the name of conquest..

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It is only hard today because we live in a world that lacks understanding and wisdom. If this world had real understanding, rather than religions and institutions which portray themselves as authorities to be accepted, then it wouldn't be very hard at all. In fact, it would be natural.

When you understand the true nature of reality, and what you truly are - as Jesus did, then it just makes sense.

Doing as Jesus does is the minimum someone can do.

John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

The very works sake. Meaning, it doesn't matter if you believe god is within him or you. At the very least one can see that to act as Jesus did is right and an example to follow. So even if you have no spiritual understanding, that part can still be followed and understood.

Of course, as I just mentioned above, when you have the understanding then it becomes much much easier. Then it's kind of like a rich man gives $1, and the poor man gives a penny, but the poor man has truly given more. Having understanding is like having the $1, to follow without that is like to have the penny. Truly harder.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

To be a disciple is to be someone who will speak the truth and try to give others understanding. And if you want to be someone who goes beyond just following and try to show the truth to other people, then those are things you will have to accept.

Because failure to accept those conditions means you will end up compromising and then you will end up not telling the truth because of those compromises. If your family is put in danger, then you could be forced to change your tune in order to protect them.

So if you are unable to deal with those consequences, then you should not speak the truth, or rather not speak the truth too loudly etc.

Just look at history to see what happens to those who dare speak the truth. They are all murdered or dealt with.

If you continue on from the verses you quoted, Jesus goes on to say this as well. He talks about what would people say about the builder who starts to build a house, but doesn't finish it. He talks about kings who will weigh their odds before battle and compromise if they can't win. Side lesson from that - how could one know Iraq was never a threat? Because that is not how we deal with real threats. Real threats we compromise with, like Russia, China, North Korea etc.

So if you want to be a disciple and speak the truth, then yes you will need to do those things. Don't need to do those things to just follow.

"He who tells the truth must have one foot in the stirrup." -Armenian Proverb

[edit on 20-5-2009 by badmedia]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Jesus was Buddha reincarnated. You'll have to sit under a tree and meditate for 40 days and nights to get to the level of his enlightenment. I'm still struggling with patience.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join