It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 'Montauk Monster' Likely Same Species as Old One

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It's hard to dispute some family resemblances, even after death.

The new Montauk Monster, found on a Southold, N.Y., beach earlier this month, probably is closely related to last year's edition, and was likely a stealthy, intelligent, night-ranging creature that may roam alarmingly close to human settlements.

The flesh of the new monster's skull has mostly rotted off, but the beak-like snout, wide back teeth and large eye sockets indicate that it may be of the same species as the original monster, which startled beachgoers in the chic resort town of Montauk, N.Y., last summer

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
To be honest I haven't even heard of the old one. Interesting stuff, Iintend on doing some research!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Pokémon

Can you actually descibe to me what this creature is?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
check this out-best explanation ive heard yet(can you sense the sarcasm?)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
haha I doubt its a Rotten raccoon, but i really have no idea what it is. It just might prove that their are hidden creatures out there that we don't know about.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Pokémon

Here is the link to the first montauk monster that washed up.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This was just on the Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura. They are investigating Plum Island.

Not too sure what to make about this show because it seems more like an adventure show than a properly investigated documentary but thought you might be interested all the same.

Season two, episode one.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
When the first monster was found, I thought hoax. When the second one was found, it looked strangely familiar.
This last one looks familiar, too.
I think it's an English Bull Terrier. They have the strong, wide body and stance. They are barrel chested. They have strong tails that are not very long. They also have an unusual skull, because they do not have a stop (the sharp angle between the snout and forehead), and have skulls that are smooth between nose and eyes. The size would be right, too. The monster definitely has the teeth of a carnivore, and is described by people who have seen it as having canine features.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d375fc35233f.jpg[/atsimg]
Here's a skull. Would you think this belonged to a dog? Most people wouldn't. There a better shot of the skull on the "official" website.
The Montauk Monster website

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that the montauk monster was already explained. That article even says that they're most likely both raccoons. Why is there a thread about this?

new topics

top topics

join