It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Ordered Assassination Of Benazir Bhutto: Hersh

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Cheney Ordered Assassination Of Benazir Bhutto: Hersh

www.dawn.com...

WASHINGTON: A special death squad assassinated Pakistan’s former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto on the orders of former US Vice-President Dick Cheney, claims an American investigative journalist Seymour Hersh.

Mr Hersh, a Washington-based journalist who writes for the New Yorker magazine and other prominent media outlets, also claims that former US Vice President Dick Cheney was running an ‘executive assassination ring’ throughout the Bush years. The cell reported directly to Mr Cheney.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
More discusting trash is coming to daylight from Buscheneys government... I remember how sad I was from death of Ms Bhutto, but couldnt even think that US top criminals could do this assassination too... Afterward, now when everything has gone wrong in that beautiful country - I am not suprised at all.

I wont judge him by this one arqument - but if evidence is clear like this report show us - Cheney, together with his possible fellow murderers should be sent to trials soon as possible - and international hearings should take place!

"In memorial of Benazir Bhutto - RIP you brave soul!"

www.dawn.com...

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well , one thing is for sure , I thought that there was something very very fishy with the early reports that Ms Bhutto died from banging her head , they had forgot to mention the fact that some bullets passed through her first .

Very sad indeed and one has to wonder how her assassination has played into the situation that we now find Pakistan in

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Max_TO]

[edit on 18-5-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Different source same story i think.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I don't buy it. Cheney did alot of things wrong but his biggest mistake to liberals is going after Obama on terrorism.

There's been alot of talk on the news that Cheney has been successful because Obama has changed alot of his policies towards terrorism and the left doesn't like it.

They blame Cheney so the left will try to trash him as much as they can.

link   
reply to post by Max_TO

LOL

I dont think ANYONE bought that

Although, I think, of course, there is a lot of this story that you or I will ever hear

link   
I thought this was an old hat from a year or so ago? I could be wrong but I thought I read this many months ago.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Kinda convulated story, Bhutto is killed by a Cheney death squad for claiming Bin Laden was dead? Why would we create such a power vacuum in nuclear Pakistan with her death, it doesn't make sense. Hariri, an anti-Syrian Lebanese politician is killed by a Cheney squad , that one doesn't make sense at all. Sorry, calling the BS meter on this one.

[edit on 18-5-2009 by pavil]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Dick Cheney has been around Washington and the corridors of power for quite a long time. Starting way back in the 1970's. He very well may have worked for two seperate Bush presidencies, he is however not Bush League in my humble oppinion.

He certainly is always in the shadows of something and directs quite a few things regarding government and business.

Prosecuting him would be very hard he is so weaved through decades and decades of Top Secret Security agendas.

That man is the proverbial bad penny!

I would love to know what that man knows.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I wouldn't put anything past cheney the dick but this is a stretch.

I mean if it had come out then it would have been a diplomatic disaster for the US. If true its grounds for criminal charges now since by US law we do not assissinate foreign leaders in or out of power.

I still think that al qeada or the taliban had more to gain from her death.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
And you belive this?

I sure miss this site sometimes....

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Sounds like Hersh has gone off the deep end. Making claims of that nature without proof is insane. I also noted he makes his statements only to sympathetic audiences who won't challenge him to provide proof. That alone gives this a fishy smell. Where are the links to the transcripts?

When a Reporter starts creating their own news stories based on their opinions and hearsay, its time for them to put away their keyboard and move on to other things. Do you suppose he is being funded by Soros?

I can't help but note that the Huffinton Post is seemingly sticking up for Pelosi and at the same time attacking Obama. That put's it into the Soros category with his puppets like the Kos.

I'm not a fan of Cheney but this story smells of propoganda. Damn the Left are sore winners. Complete control of everything and still they have their campaign juggernaut in full swing even though no election is even in the works. If they want to keep their complete control, they had better start producing results instead of continuing this propoganda campaign.

That article was carefully written for those who don't care if it is true or not, just so it demonizes anyone not in lockstep with the Far, Far Left. A real reporter would have cited it and provided links. We are unlikely to see the transcript of what he said to the ACLU or a group of Arab's and I doubt that is by accident.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It's funny how most of the people here who are laughing at this story are being partisan and thinking only the left thinks this.

This has some merit to it.

I think we should investigate Cheney. And after that let's investigate the Obama criminals next.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't be suprised... I mean, he did shoot another guy... a LAWYER.. in the face and got away with it...

Watch the bush vs. zombies video, notice his.... lizard like stare?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

In an interview to an Arab television channel, Mr Hersh indicated that the same unit killed Ms Bhutto because in an interview with al Jazeera TV on Nov. 2, 2007, she had said she believed al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was already dead.

The Bush administration wanted to keep bin Laden alive to justify the presence of US army in Afghanistan to combat the Taliban, Mr Hersh said.

The Pulitzer prize-winning American journalist claimed that the unit also killed former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafique Al Hariri and the army chief of that country.

Mr Hariri and the Lebanese army chief were murdered for not safeguarding US interests and refusing to allow US to set up military bases in Lebanon. Ariel Sharon, the then prime minister of Israel, was also a key man in the plot, Mr Hersh said.

A lot of people have been thinking along those same lines. Cheney has been pushing a war agenda that does not seem in the best interest of America or any western nation. Indeed, the "war on terror" relied on false pretensions and fabricated "intelligence". He seems more intent on covering his tracks (crimes) now than actually lending support to the new administration.

A real President or VP would asses the facts and present them to Congress and the American people and decide if we, as a nation, should go to war. After 9/11 that was a fairly east decision. The civilian government should then let the generals and military plan how the war will proceed. Cheney doesn't appear to be following that criteria, rather he seems to running his own private war for reasons that defy logic. Attacking Iraq when it had nothing to do with 9/11 or torturing captured enemy combatants until they confessed a link between Iraq and Al-Queda, what was the purpose? What is/was Cheney really after?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
It's funny how most of the people here who are laughing at this story are being partisan and thinking only the left thinks this.

Don't even accuse me of being on the Right or Left. Both extremes are nuts. Most Republicans, Democrats and Independents are Moderates. We don't run the country though and the Candidates are always on one extreme or the other.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Source Article for Quote Below.

Hersh didn’t take back the statements, which he said arise from reporting he is doing for a book, but that it might be a year or two before he has what he needs on the topic to be “effective...that is, empirical, for even the most skeptical.”

Double speak for he has no evidence, only hearsay. He is using the old trick of getting it out there on the web enough times and people will start treating it like it is true even though there is no evidence or proof.

I'm betting you will never see this propaganda in print with his signature on it.

[edit on 5/18/2009 by Blaine91555]

[edit on 5/18/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I think we should investigate Cheney. And after that let's investigate the Obama criminals next

C'mon! There wouldn't be anyone left in government if we did that.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
I thought this was an old hat from a year or so ago? I could be wrong but I thought I read this many months ago.

You are right - this is VERY OLD news, surprising it has resurfaced - the reason is that Hersh broke the story regarding Abu Graib - nothing at all was done about it so he went public with it again.

Hersh is one of the very, very few remaining investigative journalists - most now a days just turn up to the press conference and take the media kit, down load something from Reuters repackage it check wikipedia and mail it in.

If this guy says it happened - it happened - he is too good, too respected, too experienced and too well informed to make up trite allegations - he is no Fox News,.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I looked this reporter up, and he seem legit. He blew up the Abu Graib story, and is a writer for the New Yorker Magazine. I wouldn't put it past the Bushies to do crazy stuff like that.

Congrats JanisFIN, you posted something that is not related to Israel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join